• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pikmin 3 releasing Spring 2013

Hiltz

F#A#Oo is correct. It would be nice to have Pikmin 3 at launch, but there's still a lot of games for consumers to choose from. This isn't a weak launch lineup like the Wii's.

but the Wii had Wii Sports. A brand new killer ap that people still play to this day (at least I do). That counts for a lot.

Not that Pikmin 3 would help much but I dont think WiiU has a better lineup. It's a bit sad since all of this time Wii has been neglected I was kind of hoping they were busy working on WiiU titles.

Face value? I'm referring strictly to mechanics, not graphics or music. Level design is important. And guess what defines level design? The gameplay mechanics.

SMB2USA was extremely influenced by the different abilities of the characters as well as the unique interactions with enemies and items. SMB3 level design was defined by the ability to be a raccoon. Donkey Kong '94 even had level design that was built with the new moveset available to Mario.

NSMB, by not innovating mechanics, has less of a chance of innovating level design. The levels can be good, but they will likely play quite similarly to the other titles.

Regardless, Pikmin 3 needs to be launch. Delay NSMB:U. It doesn't need the launch help.

Just meant that you're basing your opinions of the new suits/moves based upon how they look or appear to play, not how they feel in the context of the game's overall flow and the weight and movement of the playable characters.

Also please tell me all of the brand new abilities and moveset changes in Super Mario 3D Land that resulted in it being so kick-ass? Exactly. Purely beautiful and varied level design (well the later %60 of the game anyway).

aaaaaaanyway, I feel avoiding any early/mid draughts in 2013 is important, and holding back Pikmin some is fine. Mario will move more units at launch than Pimin anyway (not that the console will need help selling out at launch)

Ikon

I think I may just delay my Wii U purchase until this game releases. Unless of course there's a miracle and the next Mario Kart comes out before it...

Hm, ability to create your own items, co-op, and Nintendo characters is a pretty big deal. Bigger I would say than adjectives (Super Scribblenauts)
It was kind of a niche game to start with, that stuff is cool, sure but I don't think it'll make a splash or help expand the fanbase at all.

iphys

This was the one title I really wanted at launch. Oh well, at least Spring seems like the right season to be playing Pikmin.

miksar

NSMBU, Zombi U, Nintendo Land and FIFA 13 will keep me busy for the first 2-3 months, and then it'll be Rayman Legends, Pikmin 3, TW101 and hopefully the biggest multiplatform games.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
If its finished just release it.

NSMB is fine I guess, but I'll have finished it in a week and pikmin would have been a great game to alongside it.

Update (didn't think this change warranted making a new thread over ;))

Pikmin 3 is scheduled for release for the Wii U console in the spring of 2013 in Japan, and during the Wii U launch window, from system release thru 3/31/2013 in the US.

So still scheduled for Spring in Japan, but it'll be before the end of march in the US (and presumably Europe?)

Don't get me wrong, Mario is a ton of fun - but a console is only as strong as its launch line up. Nintendo really need Bayonetta 2, Wonderful 101, Pikmin out at launch. It's looking like a bunch of old ports and some crappy shovelware with a decent but all too familiar first party title.

Then most consoles are weak.

It's easy to say they should have this game and that game and that game at launch but they simply aren't ready.

Rushing games can only hurt.

Top Bottom