• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

If you could play games from only one dev or publisher for the rest of your life...

DJIzana

As of right now? Nintendo (particularly Monolith Soft, Intelligent Systems, Game Freak, EAD etc).

Later down the road this could change to Cygames or Square Enix. Depends on the titles. Cygames is in a unique situation as they are just starting out as a new AAA studio (guess that would also include Platinum Games as they're making Cygames' Granblue Fantasy). Could even be Sega too if their new SEGA GREAT! mantra holds true. Having Yakuza, maybe even new Phantasy Star in the west (or PSO2 or something)... could be huge for me.

sublimit

Banned
Probably Sony Interactive Entertainment. I still get my From fix, along with the likes of Naughty Dog, GG, Japan Studio, Media Molecule, Bend, Santa Monica etc... Being able to revisit Ueda's trilogy is HUGE.

Maybe Square Enix for Squaresoft's legacy line-up alone.

Bethesda wouldn't be a terrible choice either but their volume isn't there despite them rolling this so far gen.

Yeah that would have been a huge plus for me too (along with other SCEJ games) even if i don't care too much about their western output.

AEdouard

Probably Ubisoft. I don't love any of their games, unlike, say, From Software's output, but they have a large enough variety of solid games to not get crazily tired of the same games over and over (even if they do tend to recycle a lot).

Nowak94

Neo Member
Activision-Blizzard almost feels like cheating. Destiny 2, Diablo, OW and everything else that comes with the deal? I think I'd be good for a while due to the open ended social nature of a lot of these games.

Zukkoyaki

This is a very tough call but ultimately I'd have to choose Ubisoft. There are publishers who release games that I like more, sometimes much more, but I couldn't pass on their variety and quantity of games. I consistently like their stuff as well.

If Sega included Atlus I would roll with them.

If this were a "pick 2" scenario I guess i'd go Nintendo and Blizzard. But narrowing it down to one it'd have to go to nintendo just because they have more than 5 games.

quality + quantity = Nintendo

developer specifically is tougher

Starting to think this as well. I haven't played enough to make a decent opinion on the stuff they themselves have developed, but of the stuff they've published, there's a nice variety - enough to where I think I wouldn't be bored. Plus they have Intelligent Systems working with them and I really like their output.

Melchiah

Sony, since a large portion of my current gen library consists of games made by them. During the PS1/2 gens, the answer would have probably been Konami.

MTC100

Banned
Are Nintendo publishers? Nintendo

Of course, they are as big as SCEA as a publisher, so your best bet might be either Sony or Nintendo.

nintendof9z2r.jpg

scea4xxne.jpg

I'd go with Nintendo. -Blizzard is fine too but they don't make enough games(and lack diversity) for my taste tbh.

Luminaire

Probably cheating, but If I have access to the entire catalog (before and after mergers) - Square Enix. Everything from Squaresoft (FF, CT, SD) and Enix (VP, DQ, SO) plus everything from Square Enix and their subsidiaries (IO, Eidos) - it'd last me forever. Between the slew of RPGs, action rpgs, spinoff games, and their foray into western games with tons of replayability like Hitman, there'd be little downtime. Plus, add in the MMOs and their expansions....lots to do.

Sure, there's some trash here and there, but plenty of gems spread over 30+ years.

i-Jest

These threads pop up from time to time and I love to read people's preferences. My pick is Nintendo since they're stuff is accessible to many age groups.

Sotha_Sil

Publisher: Bethesda.

Developer: CDPR.

Could go a number of ways with the developer.

Beth Soft is the easy publisher of choice for me. BGS continues to slide downward but I still enjoy exploring their games, and I love what the other developers do (especially Arkane).

Wollan

Publisher:
Sony.
Variety, quality and always pushing the benchmark. The most globally diversified publisher with studios all over the world.
From their output in the last year I greatly enjoyed Horizon Zero Dawn (Netherlands), Uncharted 4 (US), The Last Guardian (Japan) & a handful of PSVR titles (mostly UK & Japan). Farpoint is next on my list. Within the next 12 months I'm mostly looking forward to the juggernauts that is God of War and Spider-man.
There's many other incoming like Gran Turismo Sport, Days Gone, Dreams, Detroit and such but the ones above I really crave. A bit further out we have a likely Bloodborne 2, TLoU2 and Death Stranding.

Developer:
Guerrilla Games.
I thought Horizon was really special. Studio seems great located next to the Amsterdam river, very pro-feminism attitude, delivering seriously impressive work on schedule, Decima tech collaboration with Kojima Productions. Seems like a cool gang.

Franziska

If I can include subsidiaries of Sega then Sega, else a hard toss between Nintendo and Atlus.

Comes down to MegaTen vs. Zelda.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Would probably have to be Nintendo, even though I'm predominantly a PlayStation gamer. Missing out on the next Mario or Zelda is just... no.

Runner up would be Sony.

Has to be Nintendo, though it would be hard to imagine my childhood in the 90's without Square and Capcom. Nintendo has simply contributed the most though.

Top Bottom