• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ARMS Global Testpunch Thread: Let's see if this has LEGS

Wamb0wneD

YGpwUlr.gif

Lol. Poor Helix.

Lets see if the shitty wifi on my Switch will allow me to try this.

I got the lan adapter. Can only play online in docked mode but it's pretty much flawless on my end. Also ARMS isn't something i would want to play in portable mode online anyway.

Wifi is a no go with this console sadly...

Seik

Banned
Oh shiiiiiit!!! :O

Totally forgot about this tonight!! Nothing in my schedule, just chilling with a friend.

Will play this for sure!

Lol. Poor Helix.

I got the lan adapter. Can only play online in docked mode but it's pretty much flawless on my end. Also ARMS isn't something i would want to play in portable mode online anyway.

Wifi is a no go with this console sadly...

How Nintendo managed to fuck up wifi in 2017 is really beyond me...

Wamb0wneD

How Nintendo managed to fuck up wifi in 2017 is really beyond me...

Yeah... it's strange tho because at home i have unusable wifi but a really good joy con connection.
At a friends place i hang out often it's the opposite. Can play Mario kart online just fine in portable mode but the joy con doesn't even work one meter away from the console lol..

Soul Lab

Fuck yeah.

I don't think anyone has answered this so i ask again, do friendcode shenanigans work with the demo?

not sure what you mean. playing with friends on your fl?

Afaik you can choose at the start of the demo if you are 1 or 2 player on the console.
I assume you will join a lobby with up to 20 people (like the party mode in the full version).
Opponents and mode will be random I guess

You'll be automatically placed into a lobby where a game mode will be chosen at random (1v1, V Ball, etc.). In the lobby, you can change fighters and even train until you're ready for the next match.
Where does this information come from? It seems at odds with the eShop description:
The Global Testpunch will allow players to test 7 characters, play local multiplayer (additional accessories required; sold separately), try out Hoops mode, and get connected online in exhibition matches.
Unless the local multiplayer is just training mode, which would be weird. (It also seems weird that local multiplayer would require additional accessories when the game supports split joy-cons. Perhaps it's local wireless only, or just an error?)

Where does this information come from? It seems at odds with the eShop description:Unless the local multiplayer is just training mode, which would be weird. (It also seems weird that local multiplayer would require additional accessories when the game supports split joy-cons. Perhaps it's local wireless only, or just an error?)
It's an online demo to play with randoms.

...Did you even read the quote by Nintendo I provided from the official demo page?
Yeah I have the test demo on my Switch and there's an option for two players. You probably can do two players local too. They're probably forcing everyone to use two joycons per player which means you need to buy Joe joycons for two players.

Yeah I have the test demo on my Switch and there's an option for two players. You probably can do two players local too. They're probably forcing everyone to use two joycons per player which means you need to buy Joe joycons for two players.

Do you think that is for 2v2 online or 1v1 local?

Using the infallible google translate, it seems like matchmaking and mode selection within a lobby is automatic, but you're not automatically thrown into a lobby to start with. I could be wrong, but the eShop description would agree with me.

EDIT: It occurs to me now that I may have misread and you just meant the lobby you're thrown into is random. In which case, carry on, but personally I think it's worth mentioning local multiplayer in the OP.

Using the infallible google translate, it seems like matchmaking and mode selection within a lobby is automatic, but you're not automatically thrown into a lobby to start with. I could be wrong, but the eShop description would agree with me.

EDIT: It occurs to me now that I may have misread and you just meant the lobby you're thrown into is random. In which case, carry on, but personally I think it's worth mentioning local multiplayer in the OP.

Popped the multiplayer bit in. Thanks!

Do you think that is for 2v2 online or 1v1 local?
If we use the eshop demo description it sounds like both.

When you load the ARMS demo right now the first thing you do is pick 1 or 2 players. I'm assuming when the demo goes live after you pick 2 players it would ask "online" or "local".

Hasney

I'm going out, so if I'm home by midnight when this starts UK time, I will be using motion controls while drunk. Fun!

Wamb0wneD

not sure what you mean. playing with friends on your fl?

Afaik you can choose at the start of the demo if you are 1 or 2 player on the console.
I assume you will join a lobby with up to 20 people (like the party mode in the full version).
Opponents and mode will be random I guess

Yeah i had opponents in mind. Though I'm only posting on gaf since 2 months or so so nobody got my friend code anyway. xD
Random opponents it is then.

jorgejjvr

I wonder if we can play with gaf tonight!

I doubt with these 1 hour sessions we will have much time to get into the nitty gritty

explodet

If for some reason you can't access the eShop or connect online with your Switch, try restarting it.
Hold down the power button on the top and select Restart from the Power options.
Putting it back in and out of sleep mode won't do.

This was a common problem with the Splatoon 2 Testfire.

Top Bottom