• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ARMS Global Testpunch Thread: Let's see if this has LEGS

Indifferent2.gif

If for some reason you can't access the eShop or connect online with your Switch, try restarting it.
Hold down the power button on the top and select Restart from the Power options.
Putting it back in and out of sleep mode won't do.

This was a common problem with the Splatoon 2 Testfire.
Quoted because bottom of page.

But I wanted to test local multi 😭
You can (but I think you still need internet to verify that the demo's currently live).

Growlie19

Can't wait! Gonna mostly use Spring Man for this first one to get used to the controls, then maybe flirt with Ribbon Girl! (No, wait. Not like that....)

Anybody else kind of hoping they dislike this game because they won't have the money to buy it at launch? lol

Wat?

a2438bd4a25613d14c1de90b5a954f9705c32789_hq.gif

Can't wait! Gonna mostly use Spring Man for this first one to get used to the controls, then maybe flirt with Ribbon Girl! (No, wait. Not like that....)

Ribbon Girl is great. Had loads of mind games and wake up shenanigan fun with her double jump and fast fall last time I played it.

Is there an SP campaign like Splatoon? Would be great if there was some sort of SP too.

It's more like Street Fighter II's arcade mode where you run the gamut of fighters and then a boss at the end. There's also other modes that you play in SP like skillshot where you break targets using your newly acquired arms and a "horde"-mode as well.

yWb6Lly.gif

It's more like Street Fighter II's arcade mode where you run the gamut of fighters and then a boss at the end. There's also other modes that you play in SP like skillshot where you break targets using your newly acquired arms and a horde-mode as well.

I think people are underrating skillshot. When you have two players one player is one side and the other player is on the other side. They're both trying to be the first to break the targets in the middle, but you can also reach across and hurt them. I really like that.

Luigi87

The test fire system makes sense in that they are stress tests for the servers. They want to maximize the number of people in as small a timeframe as possible.

Reminded of how the January reveal made me think "Wow a One Piece game like this would be great!"
... And then I forgot all about that because of how amazing ARMS has developed in its own right, lol

Jintor

it's a server stress test

don't disagree about an offline demo but i guess they know it builds hype

was there every empiricle data out there to say that easily available demos actually drove demand for games down?

Wamb0wneD

If for some reason you can't access the eShop or connect online with your Switch, try restarting it.
Hold down the power button on the top and select Restart from the Power options.
Putting it back in and out of sleep mode won't do.

This was a common problem with the Splatoon 2 Testfire.

It's a common problem witht he Switch connectivity in general. Mario Kart, e-shop, Testfire, everything. As soon i dont use the switch for 2 days i have to restart it...

was there every empiricle data out there to say that easily available demos actually drove demand for games down?

I wonder this too. I will say anecdotally that thanks to the demo I am real close to buying PPT where otherwise I wouldn't have given it much thought.

Idk, but it's a demo just like Splatoon and it helps.

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
Damn, the non-UK European time for the first session of every day is... 2:00-2:59 a.m. lol

I know this is because all sessions happen at the same time worldwide, but still, this is BS.

It's literally Mario Kart but with punching instead of racing, content wise. Brought to you buy the Mario Kart team. :)

Awh, you don't even think there will be minor. text based stories? I feel like they gave these characters such rich backstories all around why they are participating in the Grand Prix... I would hate to see it go to waste.

It's more like Street Fighter II's arcade mode where you run the gamut of fighters and then a boss at the end. There's also other modes that you play in SP like skillshot where you break targets using your newly acquired arms and a "horde"-mode as well.

yWb6Lly.gif

That looks like a fun mode.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
Damn, the non-UK European time for the first session of every day is... 2:00-2:59 a.m. lol

I know this is because all sessions happen at the same time worldwide, but still, this is BS.
Honestly, if they're going to limit it to specific times then it shouldn't be global. They should have different sessions for different regions. Time zones just fucks people over.

Stat!

Looking forward to trying this out but its kinda lame that there are only certain times. I wont even get home till like 8:45 :(

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
Pressing down on a stick for blocking? Say it ain't so...
The way I imagined the control scheme was L and R triggers for punching. Y for dash. A for jump. B for block. Right stick to curve punches. Secondary shoulder buttons for super attack. Punches together for grab.

I want fully mappable controls to match my imagination.

TheMoon

Awh, you don't even think there will be minor. text based stories? I feel like they gave these characters such rich backstories all around why they are participating in the Grand Prix... I would hate to see it go to waste.

Well of course that could be in there. And it seemed the Grand Prix event stages have some custom elements but all-in-all it's not like a campaign is in there with a proper story like Splatoon has.

Durden77

So for the EST time zone, this will start at 8 and end at 9? Sorry I'm at work, just wanna make sure I've got it right so I get home in time.

KingErich

Banned
It's not motion control only? Damn.

It's good Nintendo isn't forcing you to play the game the way they want you to play it and you know, giving gamers options.

Motion controls aren't for everyone. I think Nintendo just accidentally gave us options just by the mobile design of the Switch. Can you imaging being on a plane and swinging your arms around punching the seat in front of you?

javac

Really interested in seeing how this thing plays in handheld mode, the docked joy con configuration is obviously the piece de resistance no doubt and I doubt that the handheld mode will be as compelling but that's how I play 99.99% of the time and so ultimately that'll determine if I buy this game or not, I've been very interested and optimistic about this game since it was revealed so here's hoping!

Top Bottom