• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ARMS Global Testpunch Thread: Let's see if this has LEGS

TheMoon

Again why am I always beat up in these threads? Nintendo zealots can't take criticism? Only Nintendo fans saying Nintendo praises are allowed? I'm here to be the voice of reality. ;) The yin to your yang.

I'll even give ARMS a yank.

When people go in on comments like yours it's because they are precisely not the "voice of reality" but usually highly unreasonable or very often completely misinformed.

Regiruler

games with customizable button stuff I can think of:

Super Metroid, Breath of the Wild, Metroid Prime Trilogy, DKCR3D/DKCTF.

Did you even read my post?

And you so constantly give other people shit. I am talking about full customization. Please learn to understand context.

Soul Lab

I thought so but they presented it in the direct like the Americas get an exclusive day first or something. So it starts for everyone in 3.5 hours from now on.

the "only in NA" referred to the date (May 26).
The first block is on May 26 for NA, May 27 for all other regions.

thefro

JC from Treehouse did a blog post on the motion controls:

JC said:
Protip: To widen the area between your fists when you try for a throw, flick your hands forward and then turn your thumbs outward in opposite directions. This makes it a bit easier to grab fast-moving targets.

5cA9nSa.png

Coffinhal

Anyone knows why the Wifi doesn't work on the Switch? I have a 2/3 bars signal but it won't connect to my router ! It's fine on my other devices but it says "the signal might be too poor"

What the fuck?

ryechu

Huh. That doesn't seem like a motion you can execute with non-motion controls.

Nope. Making your grap wider, does make your grab easier to counter attack though. If a fist collides with a grabbing fist, they will cancel each other out according to ARM weight. But if you hit through the green line, your fist breaks the grab and continues going.

Kyuur

Anyone knows why the Wifi doesn't work on the Switch? I have a 2/3 bars signal but it won't connect to my router ! It's fine on my other devices but it says "the signal might be too poor"

What the fuck?

This doesn't sound like the same error message, but back on the Splatoon testfire I had a problem that was fixed by powering down the console (not just sleep). Maybe give that a try?

TheMoon

What the fuck?

hard-reset the system (not sleep mode, full power down) then reboot. did it ever work or did you just set it up for the first time?

Motion controls or pro controller best play method?

double joycon. intended control method with full functionality.

Totakeke

There's part 2 and part 3 on the blog post.

https://nintendotreehouse.tumblr.com/post/161106204172/welcome-to-arms-part-2-button-controls
https://nintendotreehouse.tumblr.com/post/161106873952/welcome-to-arms-part-3-in-the-end-theres-no

It’s a lot of fun to toss out the Guardian and then send the Blorb sailing over the top of it to blind your opponent, like we showed off during the ARMS Direct. Getting the Blorb up that high takes practice—you’ll have to flick that hand almost slightly upward to send your fist in a nice, high arc.

Wait what? Seems like the first mention of being able to direct your ARMS vertically as well.

Effect

Nintendo put up videos on how to attach and detach the straps to the Joycons.

Attach - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CkrP6pQ4bjg
Detach - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bc-6N9ySQJU

Today's the first time I even bothered with them as I wanted my controllers set for when the testpunch goes lives. I honestly don't see why people had issues putting them on or off. Unless they really didn't stop and take a few seconds to look at them and the Joycons themselves. The process was pretty easy. Saw the above videos after I had set mine up.

Hasney

Just finished with my last video before the testpunch starts, so I'm just gonna have the attract sequence on for 15 mins.

WOOOAAHH HOOOO HOOOO WOAAAHHH HOOO HOOO NANANANANA

OmegaFax

Nintendo put up videos on how to attach and detach the straps to the Joycons.

Attach - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CkrP6pQ4bjg
Detach - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bc-6N9ySQJU

Today's the first time I even bothered with them as I wanted my controllers set for when the testpunch goes lives. I honestly don't see why people had issues putting them on or off. Unless they really didn't stop and take a few seconds to look at them and the Joycons themselves. The process was pretty easy. Saw the above videos after I had set mine up.

I can see why people put them on the wrong way and get them stuck. They contradict the rest of the Switch's design language. What I mean is ... the Joy-Con Grip and the Switch console itself has these small indentations at the top. For example, there's groves to the left of the Switch's power button and to the right of the cartridge slot. The grips have the indentations at the bottom.

Listonosh

Motion controls or pro controller best play method?

From what I've played from the review build, so far I personally believe pro controller trumps motion controls in every way. I can't imagine competitive play with motion controls. I also believe that controller vs motion controller would put the latter at a bigger disadvantage. That's just from my first cursory analysis based on about 2 hours of play. I definitely want to give the motion controls a bigger chance, but I've already had it happen where my character didn't do the grab when I motioned with both controllers forward, and to me, that's already a problem.

Durden77

I hope I get to play some. I get off work at 8 (when it starts for me), and am busy the rest of the weekend. Wanna get my arms on this so bad.

Top Bottom