• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ARMS Global Testpunch Thread: Let's see if this has LEGS

So wait if I'm understanding the OP correctly, during the test punch I can play local VS, and then we can both go online and do 2V2 matches?

pzYcTJX.gif

https://twitter.com/ARMS_Cobutter/status/868240349205995520

45 min now! 🙂

Cyanity

Banned
Kiiiinda contemplating running to Walmart to pick up a second set of controllers so my brothers and I can play. But like, I also NEED those neon yellow ARMS joycons. Guh.

yananana

Is there some sort of official stream for this? Haven't got the chance to pick up a Switch yet
I'm broke atm tbh
, would love to watch the game in action though :)

Totakeke

Is there some sort of official stream for this? Haven't got the chance to pick up a Switch yet
I'm broke atm tbh

Don't think there's an official one but you should be able to find live streams pretty easily.

Cyanity

Banned
I'm broke atm tbh

I'm sure plenty of people will be streaming on Twitch during the test punch.

edit - my FC is SW-6321-0056-1541 !

javac

When I got my Switch I put on the straps and I felt like I was going to break the joy cons when trying to remove them, never again.

When I got my Switch I put on the straps and I felt like I was going to break the joy cons when trying to remove them, never again.

I think everybody should put it on and take it off like 20 times to break it in.

The resistance from trying to remove it the first time sure felt like i was about to break it. But after using them for a while, not even that many times, they come off with a faint click.

I think everybody should put it on and take it off like 20 times to break it in.

The resistance from trying to remove it the first time sure felt like i was about to break it. But after using them for a while, not even that many times, they come off with a faint click.

Do you need to push the buttons on top of the joycon for this game?

Strider

I'll be trying to do at least 2 of the hour blocks this weekend. 1 hour with motion and 1 with the pro controller... I'll decide which one to stick with after that.

LotusHD

Banned
Nintendo put up videos on how to attach and detach the straps to the Joycons.

Attach - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CkrP6pQ4bjg
Detach - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bc-6N9ySQJU

Today's the first time I even bothered with them as I wanted my controllers set for when the testpunch goes lives. I honestly don't see why people had issues putting them on or off. Unless they really didn't stop and take a few seconds to look at them and the Joycons themselves. The process was pretty easy. Saw the above videos after I had set mine up.

I needed this lol, was always scared to bother with the straps when I heard of other people's issues with them. After finally trying it for myself, I can see why people were struggling. I have the hang of it now tho lol

Haines

Banned
I liked the motion controls when I played it at pax East but I'd be very curious if normal controls end up better.

Motion controls certainly have that fun factor in a boxing game tho

Isn't that pretty crucial for V-Ball?
i don't think what the Treehouse gentleman is saying is accurate. Or if it is, it most be an special case for that setup ( the shield like glove and the laser like glove)

In any of the videos i haven't seen evidence of the player controlling the verticality of a punch.

Another thing i wonder is a bout the 1 Joycon configuration. Are they actually using ZL to change targets? Is that button practical to use in SNES mode?

Btw, both the 1 joycon and Pro controller setups are piss poor implementations.

cloudyboy

Neo Member
Stoked to try this! probably one the most interesting nintendo game since Splatoon! but curious to see how well it will play

DKL

I'm going in with motions first to understand how the system works, but may switch out to pro controller if I can establish that all the movement options are the same.

B00TE

I'm going in with motions first to understand how the system works, but may switch out to pro controller if I can establish that all the movement options are the same.

Yeah, this is what I'm doing. Going in with 2 players to see if that lets us play local or online together.

I just don't see how curving two arms and moving simultaneously can work with that pro controller layout, but we'll see. I'm pretty confident I'll be sticking with motion controls.

skypunch

Banned
Top Bottom