• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Legend of Korra |OT| - Saturday Mornings Just Got Better

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wiseblade

Someone explain this? What's it from, the comics? I haven't worked my way through them yet, except The Promise obviously.

I actually like the idea of Toph getting with an ugly person. Love is blind and all that. Why would she give a shit anyway?

It's from one of Nickelodeon's "ready-to-read" series of books, a broup of books aimed at who have recently learned how to read. IFAIK, it's has no relation to the production team of the show and they've never commented on it, so it's safe to assume they're un-canonical.

What is the target demographic? Seems like they made it everyone friendly.

While the show aims at a wide audience, Nickelodeon has a pretty low skewing target demographic. They sell the majority of their advertising time to children's toy manufacturers, so their shows aim at drawing that crowd in.

shira

While the show s aim at a wide audience, Nickelodeon has a pretty low skewing target demographic. They sell the majority of their advertising time to children's toy manufacturers, so their shows aim at drawing that crowd in.
Yeah, well maybe there will be a few extra family van and pizza commercials.

I believe the only cannon aside from the show was that flash game they made where Aang had to restor the balance in the spirit world and a few of the comics (including the upcoming ones that follow up the first series).

CoolS

While the show aims at a wide audience, Nickelodeon has a pretty low skewing target demographic. They sell the majority of their advertising time to children's toy manufacturers, so their shows aim at drawing that crowd in.

We discussed that in the other thread that shall not be mentioned, but that's what I love about Avatar. While it' perfectly accesible for children it offers so much more, it's not even funny :)

Omikaru

Ep 1 Spoiler:
"Look Mommy, look! I'm a snow bender!"

I love this new series already. So pleased we're finally getting more from this universe; I ploughed through the whole series last year over the course of a week, and I've been itching for more ever since.

Busaiku

I liked the premiere.
Love the 1920s influences.

Also, I'm really glad they didn't use "The Last Airbender" or any of that crap.

CoolS

Only because sharp weapons aren't allowed to hit flesh in a children's show.

To be fair, benders could fight a lot more effective or deadly if we go down that road.

Is there a gif for the korra and the police chief eye gesturing each other?

I guess this is my new home.

Nice OP, though i'm not sure why the other one was locked... did you set it up in advance, or was this decided ages ago.

Also:

http://i.imgur.com/JAO9M.gif

Arment

Yes, but people get upset when I post it.
D:

LD69R.jpg

My face when people get upset about posting the gif.

KAL2006

Banned
This surpassed my expectations. I like that its not just the same thing again. In fact everyrhing is the opposite to the original series. The main character is the opposite of Aang, aggressive instead of spiritual, older, female, and has already learnt 3 elements of bending. The villains are the opposite of fire nation, with fire nation they were the big army nation, with these villains they seem like a small underground uprising. The setting is more advqnce in comparison to the original series. It just seems like everthing is radically different which is a good thing, its always a bad thing when shit is recycled. Also the ani
Ation and fight scenes are superb as well as the music and art direction. Finally the pacing is much faster which us a good thing.

Arment

can't remember but will look. Probably a comicon
said we would probably see toph because she is the one teaching metal bending to the police still

Would be awesome if true. I figured her daughter would be doing that, though. The avatar wiki says she's dead, but no source.

can't remember but will look. Probably a comicon
said we would probably see toph because she is the one teaching metal bending to the police still

I haven't seen this anywhere and I'm pretty sure it'd have made a splash if it were real. Would love to be proved wrong but I'm calling bullshit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom