• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Legend of Korra |OT| - Saturday Mornings Just Got Better

Status
Not open for further replies.

-Plasma Reus-

Service guarantees member status
Can't wait for Korra to meet Aang when she's in her Avatar state. As Aang once met Roku.
It's going to be insane.

Well, I had plans to wait until the tv air date, but I cracked. It's Avatar after all and I've been pumped for this show since its announcement. I really enjoyed it. Got all nostalgic for the old series and as with the old series I can't wait for the next episode.

-Almost teared up when Katara mentioned Sokka and her friends having passed.

-The animation and art quality is superb. The original series always had great animation, but it's even better this time around. Can't wait to see it in HD.

-It's definitely a bit more mature this time around. Republic City reminds me of Ba Sing Se with its urban vices and political unrest. Very interesting.

-Even with the more mature tone, its still got that signature Avatar humor that I loved. Even Tenzin ws funny at times.

-The music is also worth noting. My favorite was the ending credits theme. It was wistful and a bit sad, unlike the original's credits. But overall, the music stood out. and complemented the scenes.

-Korra is a very likable character. Nice to see a strong female lead character for once. Look forward to seeing how Korra's companions develop.

CoolS

That movie gave my very soul a disease. It was faithful to the show in all the wrong ways ("Hey guys, I'm going to cram the plot of every single episode from season one into here, but I forgot to put in any characterisation and I made the bending look like a magic shaman dance instead of, you know, bending. That's the twist.") and just-- just horrible. Korra is the cure.

I actually never watched the movie after a friend of mine had seen it and told me it almost ruined the franchise for him. And now I never will probably.

I actually never watched the movie after a friend of mine had seen it and told me it almost ruined the franchise for him. And now I never will probably.

I know this phrase is overused as hell, but Avatar the Movie was the only movie I've ever walked out of...

after ten minutes.

I've sat through crappy movies before, but I simply couldn't take this one. I'd call it the worst movie I've ever seen, if only because it was so painfull to watch. Even if you aren't a fan of the series, the Last Airbender movie is just the prime example of bad directing, horrible casting, and unbearable writing.
Being a fan of the series however it really really hurt, not just on a psychological level, but also on a physical level as I was facepalming like Sokka during those 10 minutes. (complete with the red hand mark on my forehead)

Tawpgun

Well, I had plans to wait until the tv air date, but I cracked. It's Avatar after all and I've been pumped for this show since its announcement. I really enjoyed it. Got all nostalgic for the old series and as with the old series I can't wait for the next episode.

-Almost teared up when Katara mentioned Sokka and her friends having passed.

-The animation and art quality is superb. The original series always had great animation, but it's even better this time around. Can't wait to see it in HD.

-It's definitely a bit more mature this time around. Republic City reminds me of Ba Sing Se with its urban vices and political unrest. Very interesting.

-Even with the more mature tone, its still got that signature Avatar humor that I loved. Even Tenzin ws funny at times.

-The music is also worth noting. My favorite was the ending credits theme. It was wistful and a bit sad, unlike the original's credits. But overall, the music stood out. and complemented the scenes.

-Korra is a very likable character. Nice to see a strong female lead character for once. Look forward to seeing how Korra's companions develop.

How did you see it early?

Poyunch

You know, I'll gladly read people's discussions with one another about a children's television show on the internet hell I'll even participate, but there's something about watching people do the same in real life that makes me want to rip my skin off.

Honestly it's just the fight reenactments that I found funny.

Sent

Honestly it's just the fight reenactments that I found funny.

gQbzI.gif

CoolS

I know they said they won't comment on the movie, but I really would like to know what Michael and Bryan think about that movie :/

Maffis

Just saw it. Animation is superb, and so is music. Really digging it!

It's so sad to hear that all the original cast members are dead, except for Katara :( At least they died of natural causes (hopefully).

CoolS

It's so sad to hear that all the original cast members are dead, except for Katara :( At least they died of natural causes (hopefully).

Nope, only Sokka "and many of her friends" are gone, so there is still hope. Oh and Aang obviously.

Ferrio

Banned
Something Really bugs me about the first episode. That's the huge statue of Aang. It's so very un-aang like have some huge towering statue of his likeness. His character would of been quite opposed to it I think.

I have a feeling not *all* of them were natural causes

Wiseblade

Something Really bugs me about the first episode. That's the huge statue of Aang. It's so very un-aang like have some huge towering statue of his likeness. His character would of been quite opposed to it I think.

Wha? He wasn't all that opposed to it in Avatar Day...

2th

Banned
Wha? He wasn't all that opposed to it in Avatar Day...

he was all about being praised for his awesomeness early on in the series but as he matured over that year of his life he came to downplay his status as the avatar in order to get praise. so i can see where Ferrio is coming from.

apana

He did kind of save the world and help build republic city so it is not that strange that people would have been adamant about building a statue of him. Eventhough others helped quite a bit he was the face of the victory. Besides it probably is not so difficult for earth benders to erect a gigantic statue anyways.

CoolS

yeah, I'm with you guys that the statue was erected after Aang had died. It does seem unlikely that he would want it there while he was still alive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom