• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Legend of Korra |OT| - Saturday Mornings Just Got Better

Status
Not open for further replies.

CoolS

That's a disturbing level of detail for something that could easily have been bluffed.

It's compelling enough that I would watch a whole episode that only consists of pro bending, and I guess that was their aim. I love how it is a mixture of different sports like with the field gains from football but also the possibility to achieve a knock out like in boxing to turn the whole match around.

Go Fire Ferrets!

CoolS

Btw, here's some pro-bending vids from not too long ago, since I figure some people from here may not have been watching the old thread:

Korra and the Fire Ferrets vs the Rabaroos - Youtube mirror

Wierd, it looks like only bender of the enemy team is behind the line and yet they still get to advance. Maybe it's cut down?

I hope they make a video game of this... I guess someone other than THQ would handle it this time (ho ho ho!)
Ice cold.. I like the idea though :)

Piecake

That is awesome. My only question would be how it handles gaining territory while one of your members is back a lane. Only being able to advance 1 lane at a time would make the most sense, but it's also possible all the members could advance to the newly gained lane regardless of their previous position.

Think its the all members move to the newly gained line since he made a point to tell/show that when you gain territory the line goes green, signaling you to move forward. Id imagine that that means that everyone can cross that green line

CoolS

Watched it again. SOO good.

btw. I don't know if it was in this thread or the other one, but somebody mentioned that always a green car was crashing when Korra and Naga were in the way. I paid attention this time, but it were different cars. Would have been cool though.

Wiseblade

Watched it again. SOO good.

btw. I don't know if it was in this thread or the other one, but somebody mentioned that always a green car was crashing when Korra and Naga were in the way. I paid attention this time, but it were different cars. Would have been cool though.

In a similar vein, I'd love if there was a popular greengrocer chain in republic city "endorsed by Avatar Aang" that was run by the descendants of the Cabbage Merchant.

CoolS

In a similar vein, I'd love if there was a popular greengrocer chain in republic city "endorsed by Avatar Aang" that was run by the descendants of the Cabbage Merchant.

I seem to remember that they were planning on some reference to the cabbage guy, though the said he would not make an appearance, so yes, that would be amazing!

KingK

Final Villain is Azula's son or Cabbage Merchant's Grandson

Amon is the Cabbage Merchant's grandson. He grew up listening to his grandfather's tales of how the evil benders always destroyed his lovely cabbages and how he was powerless to stop them.

Poyunch

I get it now. The Fire Nation wanted to make this a national sport but they knew that Pro-bending would have been easily broken if Airbenders existed.

shira

Final Villain is Azula's son or Cabbage Merchant's Grandson
Azula's son is the Cabbage Merchant's Grandson
jkHn9M0jGJYag.jpg

Wiseblade

I don't think Azula had kids. In fact, it seems almost impossible to me.

Great, now I kind of want to write a giant block of text about what I thought of Azula after my recent rewatch of A:TLA.

shira

I don't think Azula had kids. In fact, it seems almost impossible to me.

Great, now I kind of want to write a giant block of text about what I thought of Azula after my recent rewatch of A:TLA.

She was in jail, where she could have sex with the cabbageman.

Jintor

So I wonder if they'll make a pro-bending vidyagame, since that's what the vid seems to have originally been about

Poyunch

So I wonder if they'll make a pro-bending vidyagame, since that's what the vid seems to have originally been about

Well the description of the video says it was teach to the korean animation studio about the game so they know how to properly animate it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom