• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Move Thread: It Only Does Everything

Shurs

jetsetfluken said:
What? I thought Child of Eden was an upcoming Move supported game?
Is it 360/Kinect only now or something, and DS3 only on PS3?

The game is coming to PS3, but there is no Move control scheme. Could that change? Possibly. But as of now, no Move support.

Fox1304

SpecX said:
I'm super excited to get my starter kit this Friday. I've been trying to pump my wife up about it coming in and what else to get with it to the point she's super annoyed by me and Move.
:lol Exactly the same here ... except that I have no idea when I'll get my move goodness :(

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
PistolGrip said:
Every time I see that Tumble avg it saddens me

It's only six reviews...as more come in I'd be hopeful of it climbing back up. I've a feeling IGN will be the outlier on this one.

Kodiak

Not an asshole.
Im actually kinda intrigued to play RE:5 gold + move, especially since I never played RE:5.

But not enough to actually buy move.

Torgo

I'll be posting my initial impressions on our site later today. For review, we received:

2 Move Controllers
1 Nav Controller
1 PS Eye
Kung-fu Rider (Bunch of demos too) - Played
Racquet Sports - Played
R.U.S.E. - Played
Eyepet
Start the Party
Sports Champions - Played

Played demos of:
Tumble
TV Superstar
The Shoot

Haunted

Playstation Move Starter Pack:
- Includes PlayStation Move motion controller, PlayStation Eye, and PlayStation Move Demo/Starter Disc
- NA: "Sports Champion" included with the pack
- JP: "Beat Sketch!" included with the pack
- EU: LOL included with the pack
what

PistolGrip

sex vacation in Guam
Kodiak said:
Im actually kinda intrigued to play RE:5 gold + move, especially since I never played RE:5.

But not enough to actually buy move.
* Buy Bundle for (- $100)
* Sell Sports Champs new for (+ $30)
* Buy used RE5 gold game ( - $25 )
* Charge kids to play in your house/ or if they just want to squeeze the ball.
* Profit!

Haunted

Sports Champions looks like the only one really worth a damn from the made for Move launch lineup.

shagg_187 said:
EU getting shafted again. No game is bundled with their Starter Pack, thus LOL!! :p
Those motherfuckers.

I feel stupid for applauding Sony's good value sense with the starter pack now. :/ I assumed they'd pack in Sports Champion in EU as well.

alr1ghtstart said:
this needs to be in the OP
bgbqra.gif
kinky stuff

Spiegel

Haunted said:
Those motherfuckers.

I feel stupid for applauding Sony's good value sense with the starter pack now. :/ I assumed they'd pack in Sports Champion in EU as well.

You really thought they were going to sell Move+Camera+Sports Champions for 60€ when that costs 100$ in NA?

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
I really want Move for the pointing/shooting feature and some augmented reality fun, but they are not doing a good job selling me with these games, that's for sure. I'll probably get it when at least Echochrome 2 demo comes out. Luckily the thing is cheap at least so I can buy it without thinking much about it ($50 for me as I have camera already, 30 more later for nav controller if I decide I like the whole thing enough)

Too bad I don't have RE5 Gold edition. Ah, who am I kidding, I wouldn't want to play that turd again anyways.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
shagg_187 said:
EU getting shafted again. No game is bundled with their Starter Pack, thus LOL!! :p

The bundle is $100 in NA, and you have to get Sports Champions. You can make your own in EU for €100 with a choice of game (€60 is the RRP for the starter pack, €40 for a number of the move games).

Less in reality...you can get the starter pack and Sports Champions for £69 on Amazon (€83). Starter pack with RE5 for £59 (€71).

I think EU has a much better setup for mix-and-match bargains.

Lord Error said:
I really want Move for the pointing/shooting feature and some augmented reality fun, but they are not doing a good job selling me with these games, that's for sure. I'll probably get it when at least Echochrome 2 demo comes out. Luckily the thing is cheap at least so I can buy it without thinking much about it ($50 for me as I have camera already, 30 more later for nav controller if I decide I like the whole thing enough)

I'm pretty much just getting it for PSN games at the start. For €40 it's worth it. But I honestly don't think the line-up is THAT bad. Maybe if you only look at games that exclusively support Move, but from the general line-up this year I can see maybe 8 or 9 games that'll probably be 'good' or interesting, more if you've not played some of the older games getting patched. That's not THAT bad IMO.

AndyD

aka andydumi
gofreak said:
The bundle is $100 in NA, and you have to get Sports Champions. You can make your own in EU for €100 (€60 is the RRP for the starter pack, €40 for a number of the move games).

Less in reality...you can get the starter pack and Sports Champions for £69 on Amazon (€83). Starter pack with RE5 for £59 (€71).

I think EU has a much better setup for mix-and-match bargains.

RIght. I wish there was something similar in the US. I think I will just pick up a single Move this weekend and then wait for a better bundle to get a second Move and a dedicated game. Tumble, MAG and other patched older games should hold me over.

I cant wait for HVB and Planet Minigolf to get patched.

AndyD

aka andydumi
DryvBy2 said:
Which makes no freakin' sense...

It sort of does. The devs said when they made RE5 they did not know/have move APIs/kits. By the time they reworked and recompiled for Gold, they did have the hardware, so they built in the features but they were dormant until release, when they can be activated with a patch.

jett said:
What an abysmal list of launch titles, it's kinda sad that that was the best Sony could manage to come up with.

To be fair, that list does not include games like RE5 Gold, MAG, Heavy Rain, Ruse etc. which you can play with Move at launch (HR a week later). Even better, if you already own these games you don't have to pay extra.
Along with several PSN games like Flower or Hustle Kings, though I think there are no specific dates for their patches yet, apparently it should be this month though.

I'm just sad that Time Crisis is not a launch title, I had the impression it would be :/

I also hope they release ALL the demos of the starter disc this month. Move compatible demos we know exist so far:
Ruse, Heavy Rain, Beat Sketcher, echochrome ii, EyePet, Kung Fu Rider, Sports Champions, Start the Party!, The Shoot, Tiger Woods PGA Tour 11, Time Crisis: Razing Storm, Tumble, TV Superstars

It's actually quite a bit of content for the first month especially if you already own some stuff (from the stuff mentioned I only had to buy one Move controller and that new RE5 Gold Move Edition for a total of ca. £43 shipped).
I'm even a bit excited for Heavy Rain and Flower as it's been a long time since I played them and together with the new controls the experience might just be fresh enough so that it will be awesome once again (well, I will choose a different story&scenes in HR this time anyway).

Haunted

Spiegel said:
You really thought they were going to sell Move+Camera+Sports Champions for 60€ when that costs 100$ in NA?
What can I say, I'm a hopeless optimist
and didn't look up the US price.

luffeN

just bought it at a smaller store which does not care about street dates. starter pack EU here.. let's see what the demos play like xD

Well, I won't be getting mine until next week, I guess they are more popular than I thought they would be because Amazon sold through their initial stock.

protonion

After a million years installing the demos...

Table tennis is amazing. I'd buy Sport Champions just for this game.

The Shoot doesn't work. At calibration screen two targets appear but there is no aim cursor.

Tumble drop also glitched during the tutorial and I had to quit.

Start the Party is on par with first eye toy games years ago.

The move itself is awesome and it works really well.
With software like this it will go nowhere though...

snap0212

Kinan said:
Amazon.de shipped my two controllers today, so, hopefully, i'll get em tomorrow already. :) Would be nice if Eyepet move patch will be out by then.
Those idiots still haven't shipped mine. Sports Champions is already on its way, but Move and the navigation controller are still not shipped. Pre-ordered about two months ago. -.-

farnham

Banned
protonion said:

The Shoot doesn't work. At calibration screen two targets appear but there is no aim cursor.

how is table tennis in comparison to wii sports resorts table tennis ?

jax (old)

Banned
Galvanise_ said:
I agree. If we shop around we can get a lot for the money.

In australia

bundle + sport champion.
143.00 AUD = 134.796 USD.

its $156 @ our ebgames

its more expensive for sure. lowest price I just found = $120 from Kmart all up. so kmart it is tomorrow :p

jett

D-Member
protonion said:

This is the problem with the Move at the moment. It has no killer app whatsoever, and doesn't seem like it will be getting one in the near future either.

protonion said:

Either you are not getting something about the Move's calibration or setup, or you have a faulty move, becuase there should be no issues with Tumble or The Shoot. For Tumble we know that being too close to the TV might be an issue, but otherwise there's a calibration/technical issue or user error. You may have the same problems that IGN was having, but various other reviews show that issues should not be the fault of the game. The Shoot should also be working fine, so again, either you're doing it wrong, or the demo build is horribly broken, but if 9 out of 10 impressions suggest (and show) that the game works perfectly, then assume you or your hardware is at fault, not the game.

DryvBy

protonion said:

Thanks for that. Almost bought The Shoot, but with the Time Crisis coming out, I'm just going to wait for that.

Can you compare it to the Wii Motion +?

luffeN

protonion said:

I feel you xD

I have to say that if it weren't for those movies that TTP made I wouldn't care about the move at all, even so I think I'll wait for more games that support this before buying! I'm hopeful Eden will support it along with most of 2011 games. I just don't want games where move support feels tacked on.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
protonion said:

That's because you need to point the Move towards those two targets and press Trigger. The cursor will then appear.

Carl

Dragnet said:
Argh! Shopto dispatched my Navcon today...but not the Wand! Fuuuck!

Play.com have been packing my wand for about 7 hours now, and my NavCon is still at "pre-order". Damn you Play...

protonion

TTP said:
That's because you need to point the Move towards those two targets and press Trigger. The cursor will then appear.

Yes, I tried it again and I figured it out. I was expecting a cursor, but i just had to point the controller at the corners of the screen.

The game is good! Two levels in the demo and the second is a fun train chase. The Shoot and Sports Champion will be my picks for now!

Torgo

protonion said:

I think your issues are something on your end, I had nothing like that (except for taking a ton of time to install the demos :D )

protonion

Oh and about my Tumble Drop glitch, it was not move related.
I threw a block out of the screen in the tutorial and it never reappeared.

Higher grade stuff

Hey! I've never played the Wii so this motion gaming is new to me. Give me a break!

Top Bottom