• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Move Thread: It Only Does Everything

Jal said:
So you could use the lightgun method but people are just choosing to do it the easy/lazy way?

Well, yes I guess. If you want to call it lazy :p
Instead of your wrist you could also move your whole arm. In theory, Move should actually be better suited for this as it's not connected to the DS3/Navi like the Wii-Remote+Nunchuck.

cakefoo

Animator said:
How do you suppose the ps3 tracks the move controller?
Not necessarily to correct you, but to clarify to anyone reading: it's not just an Eyetoy and a ball on an a plastic rod. The Move remote has an accelerometer, gyro and magnetometer inside to provide the orientational data, high-speed XYZ data, and for in those little emergencies when your arm or something briefly obstructs the Eye's line of sight for the orb.

DocRay

I got it, Two Move controllers, 1 Navigator, Sports and Party...

One day earlier in MediaMarkt Spain...

Party is really fun, but Table Tennis is my favourite minigame...

I love it...

Sorry..... :)

UFRA

Based on those pictures, the molecular structure of the plastic used for the Move controllers looks very good.

Jal

If table tennis was a separate PSN purchase i'd have snapped it up, Rockstar need to do a sequel to there table tennis game.

^^:lol , those pics are just the right size
for my local cinema

AndyD

aka andydumi
UFRA said:
Based on those pictures, the molecular structure of the plastic used for the Move controllers looks very good.

They are giant and blurry. Perfect. The only thing that would make them better would be shack hosting overage warning. :lol

That said, thank you for your impressions giant image poster. Show us some games!

DryvBy

snap0212 said:
Could you post some bigger pics, please?

:lol I was gonna say the same thing. I was wondering why work's net was so slow, look back on this forum... was loading those pictures forever. Thanks, guy!

Slaylock

Torgo said:
My lengthy initial impressions for the Move controllers and some of the launch titles:

http://www.psnation.org/2010/09/14/initial-impressions-of-playstation-move/
Nice impressions. I've been glad to hear that Sports Champions is at least decent, and by some accounts may actually be pretty good.

Any thoughts on Eyepet? I've pre-ordered it for my daughter, but I'm really on the fence. I'm just not sure it's going to have staying power.

slider

I'm travelling for around 3 weeks just after launch. I'd really been looking forward to trying Flight Control. Bugger.

A.R.K

has any one pre-ordered from Amazon.com (US)? I am getting a delivery date of 9/22 instead of 9/17...wtf Amazon!!!!

mclaren777 said:
I'm still waiting for a Game+Move bundle that doesn't include the camera.

I was looking for the same thing, so I threw my PS Eye on Ebay, sold it for $20 Buy It Now, and turned around and bought the Bundle Pack with a Move Controller, Sports, and the Camera.

For $100, minus the $20 from the Ebay sale, I thought $80 for the Move and the Game was good enough for me (plus a new replacement for my "launch" PS Eye). In the long run, selling my HD Camera saved me like $10, so that was fine with me.

spats

Slaylock said:
Nice impressions. I've been glad to hear that Sports Champions is at least decent, and by some accounts may actually be pretty good.

Any thoughts on Eyepet? I've pre-ordered it for my daughter, but I'm really on the fence. I'm just not sure it's going to have staying power.

There's loads of stuff to do in Eyepet and some of the minigames are genuinely really fun. I'm sure she'll like it.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
AndyD said:
Another problem are the large downloads not just that they are sizewise too big. So for some it takes a long time to load/refresh the page.
I can see how that would suck for some people.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Slaylock said:

Eyepet is a lovely, cute game, crippled by the previous card-based augmented reality. We spent more time trying to line the card up right, getting the light bright enough for the camera, and then you had the problem that a flat piece of card doesn't really feel like a hair dryer.

Despite all that, we had a lot of fun, and my 6-year-old daughter wants to play it again.

Move should make all the pain go away, and i'm really looking forward to playing it again.

Fox1304

Anybody having bought some Move Stuff at Zavvi has a shipped status for its order ?
I'm seeing all those websites shipping it, except Zavvi :(

spats

Fox1304 said:
Anybody having bought some Move Stuff at Zavvi has a shipped status for its order ?
I'm seeing all those websites shipping it, except Zavvi :(

I preordered one Move and one Navi from them and their status is still "Awaiting Stock Pick". I'm going to try to pick up a Move from a local retailer tomorrow and let Zavvi ship them whenever they please.

RJT

I've been out of the Move loop for a while, I suppose this is the right thread to ask this: I love FPS controls on the Wii, but so far I haven't heard of any near-launch game using it.

When are we getting some Move FPS? Do I have to wait for Killzone 3?

mrklaw

MrArseFace
spats said:
I preordered one Move and one Navi from them and their status is still "Awaiting Stock Pick". I'm going to try to pick up a Move from a local retailer tomorrow and let Zavvi ship them whenever they please.

Same. Would they normally have shipped by now? (never ordered from them before). My RE5 gold shipped yesterday though.

Only ordered one move and start the party. So if it's not here by Friday i'll pick up a 2nd move from a shop and play PSN stuff and patched games

spats

mrklaw said:
Same. Would they normally have shipped by now? (never ordered from them before). My RE5 gold shipped yesterday though.

Only ordered one move and start the party. So if it's not here by Friday i'll pick up a 2nd move from a shop and play PSN stuff and patched games

Zavvi is... uneven. Sometimes they ship stuff early, sometimes way late. But they're very cheap so I don't usually complain.

Angst

AndyD said:
Another problem are the large downloads not just that they are sizewise too big. So for some it takes a long time to load/refresh the page.
Yeah, i would have been pretty annoyed if I had opened this thread on my phone. :lol

Stike

Okay, I just got back from playing Sports Champions!

I love it :lol

So far I only played Disc Golf and Gladiators, but I am impressed and my arm hurts now from all the slashing :D

After this awesome experience, I really can say: DEMONS SOULS 2 with MOVE Support, please!!

The controller is very well built and easy to handle, fits pretty much perfectly in my hands. Also, the Gladiator game is 1:1 (sword) with added gestures for a few actions like jumping for an additional blow.

I tried for a moment to rest my arms a bit and tried to simply waggle instead of really slashing with my arms. But then I only did something like 20 damage, where a hard, fast slash with the sword causes 300 damage. So, speed AND distance of the controller movement matters very much.

Both Disc Golf and Gladiator motivated me to play them through at once, unlocking some stuff. Really cool. Cant wait to try the other games, but now its bed time for me...

Hope to be helpful with those impressions :)

spats

Stike said:

So far I only played Disc Golf and Gladiators, but I am impressed and my arm hurts now from all the slashing :D

After this awesome experience, I really can say: DEMONS SOULS 2 with MOVE Support, please!!

The controller is very well built and easy to handle, fits pretty much perfectly in my hands. Also, the Gladiator game is 1:1 (sword) with added gestures for a few actions like jumping for an additional blow.

I tried for a moment to rest my arms a bit and tried to simply waggle instead of really slashing with my arms. But then I only did something like 20 damage, where a hard, fast slash with the sword causes 300 damage. So, speed AND distance of the controller movement matters very much.

Both Disc Golf and Gladiator motivated me to play them through at once, unlocking some stuff. Really cool. Cant wait to try the other games, but now its bed time for me...

Thanks for the write-up! Seeing this on the US ps.blog has me pretty hyped about archery. Should be good multiplayer fun.

Stike said:

I love you.

Torgo

Slaylock said:

The room I was using last night isn't great for trying Eyepet, so I hope to do so tonight. I played the non-Move version and actually liked it a lot though.

Majine

Banned
The demo disc includes Sports Champions table tennis, but is it the complete table tennis? If so, not buying the full version :lol

mrklaw

MrArseFace
spats said:
Thanks for the write-up! Seeing this on the US ps.blog has me pretty hyped about archery. Should be good multiplayer fun.

The replies in the comments section says that some of the move disc games (start the party and Kung Fu rider at least) also have the ten demos on the disc. I hope that's also the case in Europe, would save downloading them all.

Nice archery video and nice impressions. Getting tempted again by sports champions.

Slaylock

From the Sports Champions Archery blog post:

I would like to know, can the pointer be turned off in the Archery game for increase difficulty? I just see the pointer making the game replay value decrease when the pointer is point and shoot. If not please consider patching it, also do you support XMB music?

Cursor is always there, but the blue trajectory line gets removed after the initial bronze difficulty mode. Generally speaking as you progress there is less user assistance and of course the AI gets faster and more accurate.

We support custom soundtracks while you play so you can rock/rap/electronic/whatever out as you’d like.

DryvBy

A.R.K said:
So the demos don't run directly from the demo disc and you need to install them first? if so WTF Sony!!

That's how all PS3 demos work, from what I've seen. Even on disc.

So I just tried it with Tumble demo (couldn't buy the full game yet or I would have immediately) and with Hustle Kings (which Plus had kindly updated for me already ... win! :D) and I have to say the precision is everything it is cracked up to be. I'm amazed. I could aim more easily and accurately straight off than I could with the DS3 Analog stick, without even using the fine tune. Hitting takes a little to get used to but you can not only hit freely, but freely move laterally in all directions. The calibration screen also amusingly shows an augmented cue stick ... :cool:

EDIT: Ok, so played a tonne of Sports Champions now as well. Even though I am 1.92m (6'4") and can stand a maximum of 1.6m (5'3") from the PS Eye, and that's with the back of my heel, I could still play this just fine so far. I played through the Bronze campaign for Table Tennis without too much problems.

Quite frankly, I'm amazed at the quality of the Table Tennis, both of the AI and the gameplay. It is really stunning. And unlike Wii Sports resort, it really pays to play standing up. It feels like sports. :) And like the real thing - there's nothing quite like going to the net, or for that matter an AI opponent that makes a shout sound as if she's going to serve a hard fast ball and then delivers a soft, 'just over the net' kind of affair that you have to reach forward to get. Or the final opponent in the bronze championship that has this really annoying serve - reminds me of when I played this as a kid, where me and a friend would always try to develop this 'killer serve' :lol

However hyped I was about this device, I'm still pretty amazed that even the most optimistic interpretation of everything you read and see on the internet appears to prove true. This is without question a must buy.

(oh and this is after playing Wii Sports Resort for some 15-20 hours from Friday. I can go into a few more details, but suffice to say that yes, Sports Champions has a little less charm, but the gameplay owns ... and that used to count for a lot. :) )

Ashes

Banned
already have ps eye (2 of them, one came with eyepet)
2 move controllers=£30 +£30
1 navi:£18
1 sports champ: £25
=£103

or buy
starter pack+xtra move+nav=£91 on amazon
+sports champ:£25
=£115 + (another Ps eye with the starter park to add to the ones I have)

Basically, if I can sell my ps eye, it might be cheaper to get the second option. Or if I want to save money without the hassle, just buy everything separately.

Top Bottom