• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2017 - Fly me to the Moon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wok

In case The Witness was your GOTY last year...

What lies at the heart of Johnathan Blow's island of mystery? We talk to the famed indie designer about how one of his earliest design ideas blossomed into The Witness.

There's something not right with this combination of images...

Oh my...

Speaking of anime, i've been making my way through The House in Fata Morgana whenever i'm not busy with either Zelda or Nier and it is great so far. But i must say that the MangaGamer logo in the splash screen combined with the intro to the first chapter had me worried i was getting into something completely different :p
The music is great and the character art is gorgeous but the story is what hooked me. That first chapter is just... Wow...

Kiru

I've been all about Superhot the past two days or so. Clearing through challenges now, not at all looking forward to the speed runs hah

I did the normal speedrun ones, because they are doable. But those with the time still running in slow time ? Fuck those, lol.

Nzyme32

Tizoc

Why did Sega have to make a 10 day countdown to announce a port of a 7 year old game. Just fuck all that noise, tell us the date, and then make us way another 2 years for a new PC port.

This is not uncommon; they did it with their previous releases.

Ascheroth

Oh my...

Speaking of anime, i've been making my way through The House in Fata Morgana whenever i'm not busy with either Zelda or Nier and it is great so far. But i must say that the MangaGamer logo in the splash screen combined with the intro to the first chapter had me worried i was getting into something completely different :p
The music is great and the character art is gorgeous but the story is what hooked me. That first chapter is just... Wow...
Glad you like it : )
And oh boy, you have seen read nothing yet.
Why did Sega have to make a 10 day countdown to announce a port of a 7 year old game. Just fuck all that noise, tell us the date, and then make us way another 2 years for a new PC port.
I think it's actually pretty good (and cheap) marketing. They're using the confusion and uncertainty to generate a lot of buzz without having to do much themselves.

Wok

Via TotalBiscuit:

Fun Valve Fact: A senior member of Valve gets cross with Valve employees who do not have Battle Brothers installed on their computers.

"#battlebrothers dev here: Thats a real Battle Brother right there ;) Tweet made our day over here!"

For anyone out of the loop Battle Brothers is an awesome Turn based combat / strategy / RPG thing set in medieval times. It is kind of Xcom crossed with Mount & Blade, Jagged Alliance and a bunch of other things.

A lot of fun

This must be a huge pubicity for the game.

Can somebody explain "to get cross with"?

dex3108

Just finished my journey around Dunwall and Karnaca after 36+ hours and boy that was one amazing journey. Beautiful art, amazing level design, ok story, great characters... It is sad that some of PC users had serious issues.

33474917076_86f87ff2f2_o.png
33220520522_9d68d77290_o.png
33622333696_6a2deb0b0a_o.png
33622390796_64490f4236_o.png
33772555225_2dfa545a2b_o.png
32584650383_f4ac870ee7_o.png
32730270260_315ca0c240_o.png
33270576745_a513b4ef25_o.png
33358289086_a1e1f9a0ea_o.png

Cth

Ahhahaaa great OP gave me a real good chuckle.

and more importantly reminded me that I never watched the Bayonetta anime.

Thankyou.

Hrm, somehow I missed out on this too.

And from Gonzo as well.. guess I'll put that Ghostbusters vs Cthulhu on hold this afternoon :D

Sch1sm

Since it's on sale, I bought Paint it Back. I should read something and write about until tomorrow but I can't stop playing Paint it Back.

Just don't do what I did and play 56 hours in less than a week. Went through all the normal, then all the pro, and then like 15 master ones before tapping out. Really good Picross clone. Really good.

Pachimari

I love so many things about Rain World, and I've even gotten used to the controls, and I'm not far into it at all, but I'm already having major trouble finding any checkpoints... which means I start at the same shelter every time I die. I've tried venturing far out and I don't know what to look for, for it to be a checkpoint.

Hektor

Automata is sitting at 220K now.

That's 1/3rd of Metal Gear Rising's total steamsales, a game that was released at 20$ on PC

I think it's safe to say that Automata made just as much money as MGRR already and got years of additional revenue in sales waiting for it.

Knurek

Oh my...

Speaking of anime, i've been making my way through The House in Fata Morgana (...)

Hah, if you think 1st chapter was something mind blowing, just wait till the real shit hits the fan.

Just finished my journey around Dunwall and Karnaca after 36+ hours and boy that was one amazing journey. Beautiful art, amazing level design, ok story, great characters... It is sad that some of PC users had serious issues.

Those are incredibly beautiful. I think I'll grab D2 when it pops up at $15, which is basically my limit for buying games.

Uzzy

It's got a really beautiful aesthetic going on. So much so that I bought the art book a few months back.

Seeing as Uzzy seems to have intended their thread to be the steam thread for the month, and there were serious posts there with some ModBot giveaways, etc., I've just merged the threads and everything should show up by time posted. Probably the recommendations should be edited into the OP, but I think Uzzy mentioned that they planned to do that today anyway. It is also possible that moving the more recent thread into this one broke ModBot, but I don't know how it works. I'll ask stump when he's around.

The second OP now shows up here: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=233176395&postcount=185

I'll be adding the recommendations to the front page tonight. If anyone has any just PM me.

Anteater

That's 1/3rd of Metal Gear Rising's total steamsales, a game that was released at 20$ on PC

I think it's safe to say that Automata made just as much money as MGRR already and got years of additional revenue in sales waiting for it.

i need the original nier

it was the better game

Grief.exe

Cheap way to build hype and get free press. Works every time.

Have the issues been largely fixed at this point? The recent reviews on Steam are running 10% above the total aggregate, so that would suggest they have made improvements.

i've also never exploded myself in automata to see the ass

i'm proud of myself

The willpower is strong.

dex3108

Have the issues been largely fixed at this point?

Yes and no. Some people still have micro stutter issue and it makes them sick. Raw numbers saw while playing are way above 60FPS and when i locked it at 60FPS frametime was perfect 16.6ms. I haven't noticed any stutter but that maybe can be on me because i can tolerate it and ignore it.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
i've also never exploded myself in automata to see the ass

i'm proud of myself

You can see her ass anyway. I didnt do it because she looks like shit without the dress.

MUnited83

For you.

I wonder how Bayonetta will do. In one hand o think Bayonetta has better brand recognition, but it will also be a several years old late port. I don't think it will do better than NiEr revenue wise, but I'm curious to see if it manages to outsell it in units.

Pachimari

I'm playing this game for the first time:

I've never played anything Momodora. But this seems like a way too cool game with tight controls. I'm playing on keyboard but don't know if it would be better with a controller.

data

I've never played anything Momodora. But this seems like a way too cool game with tight controls. I'm playing on keyboard but don't know if it would be better with a controller.

a controller is only needed for 2d games that have lots of button inputs and I don't think this game has a lot of them so no

It's not needed, played Momodora III and Reverie Under the Moonlight using a keyboard.

Hektor

I wonder how Bayonetta will do. In one hand o think Bayonetta has better brand recognition, but it will also be a several years old late port. I don't think it will do better than NiEr revenue wise, but I'm curious to see if it manages to outsell it in units.

Unless they're gonna release bayo at an absurd pricepoint (>25$) it's definitely gonna move more units i think

kagamin

This giveaway repost is sponsored by my tax returns:
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (kagamin, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot within the last 3 months to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last week, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Blossom Tales: The Sleeping King -- MB-A35B5221F3B3DA1F - Taken by Ludens. 34 entrants total.
This game just came out last week!

t1491205970z1.png

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This is a giveaway for the thread url: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1357196.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- MEGA GIVERS ONLY! You must have given away at least 25 games through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

A waifu game -- MB-A1685A2B3D3C3744 - Taken by FLD. 32 entrants total.

t1491242005z1.png

it seems slightly silly not to add the recommendations for the coming month from Orange's real steam thread into the animu abomination OP that this thread now has.

ABOMINATION!

Ladekabel

....I've been playing InfiniPicross a bit the past week or so. But now you show me this exists. WHY DID YOU SHOW ME THIS EXISTS

Sigh. I bought it, too. I'm in. I'm so in. So much for productivity today.

Good!

Just don't do what I did and play 56 hours in less than a week. Went through all the normal, then all the pro, and then like 15 master ones before tapping out. Really good Picross clone. Really good.

My biggest fear is that it will eat my dedicated Persona 5 coming the following week.

When I did the giveaway for Blossom Tales that was megagivers only I think it had 44 entries, so there are a few it seems.

I thought ModBot doesn't check for eligibility until it picks someone as a winner rather than checking when they enter so the number of entries isn't necessarily the number of people who entered that are eligible to win.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom