• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Special Edition Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker HD Wii U confirmed [Hero Mode trailer]

Jomjom

Banned
"Fuck early adopters, let's reward those who waited."

I'm totally not bitter because I would've bought this instead of a launch console had I known it'd exist. =(

You should always expect something like this by now. It's the reason I cancelled my PS4 preorder. I'm waiting for that sweet FFXV Limited Edition PS4.

RPGCrazied

Meh, just the gamepad has artwork on it? They could have went all out. A gold Wii U, or at least artwork on the Wii U itself.

oh wow, would not buy. Its not even gold.

If Nintendo thinks this game will reverse its Wii U fortunes then they are wrong... and I'm a huge WW fan.

sharnaak

Ok so I finally get what I was expecting to buy a wii u (Well, I would have loved a price drop as well, but one can't have everything.)

Now please, give me a 3ds XL bundle for the new alttp and my collection will be completed!

RagnarokX

For a hard mode they should have also:

-increased damage from enemies 4x
-reduced elixir soup to 1 drink per bottle
-increased the price of Forest Haven blue potions to 10 boko baba seeds

majik13

"Fuck early adopters, let's reward those who waited."

not sure if serious, but comments like this are beyond lame. Your reward for buying early, is oh I don't know, actually being able to enjoy the product a full year before non early adopters. I don't understand why people think they need to be rewarded for buying something like this early.

That's all Hero Mode is? I hope there's more to it than that. Turning off heart spawns and doubling damage sounds like an incredibly simple thing to add, that just required a bit of testing to make sure it was feasible.

Maybe there'll be a surprise to it, like halfway through, or once you get the magic armor (I forgot WW had magic armor), where it suddenly says: "Guess what? The Double Damage has been DOUBLED!"

Honestly, though, tweaking damage output and cutting down health regeneration spawns is a classic "lazy videogames" way of adding difficulty. I hope we find out they made the dungeon layouts more challenging, mixed up the placement of items, or something.

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt
Meh, hero mode sounds more like "annoying mode" than like a good hard mode. Why do this boring stuff at all :(? Redesign the dungeons to have harder puzzles, make the enemies stronger by adding new patterns and "harder" attacks, don't just throw a multiplyer and an added annoyance into the mix >.<.

I've got the Zelda 3DS but this looks like nothing special. Still if it was like $250 I would bite, but it's simply too expensive right now, as much as I want to play NSMBU, NSLU, DKCRTF and SM3DW.

D-e-f-

Banned
My bad. That's true. Whatever the case, it sucks.

So is 32GB the cap for flash memory or something? Should I not expect anything higher?

You shouldn't unless you want the thing to cost more.

oh wow, would not buy. Its not even gold.

If Nintendo thinks this game will reverse its Wii U fortunes then they are wrong... and I'm a huge WW fan.

They're not thinking that and that's no secret. Their whole thing this E3 was "it's not about ONE game, it's about the overall line-up."

So Zelda WW is included on the HD, or is it a separate disc?

Read the OP, please.

That's all Hero Mode is? I hope there's more to it than that. Turning off heart spawns and doubling damage sounds like an incredibly simple thing to add, that just required a bit of testing to make sure it was feasible.

That's the reason it's even in there. It's the same thing as in Skyward Sword.

Ok Iwata now drop the bomb. $199 for the 32GB and my wallet is yours.

We still live in reality.

Revven

Maybe there'll be a surprise to it, like halfway through, or once you get the magic armor (I forgot WW had magic armor), where it suddenly says: "Guess what? The Double Damage has been DOUBLED!"

Honestly, though, tweaking damage output and cutting down health regeneration spawns is a classic "lazy videogames" way of adding difficulty. I hope we find out they made the dungeon layouts more challenging, mixed up the placement of items, or something.

I don't know what you were expecting lol. If it helps any, when I played the original game a year or two ago with 2x damage Action Replay code, it did make things pretty hard if you so much as fumbled up or had a group of enemies around you. I know for a fact the Savage Labyrinth will actually be hard now, at least,

Not

Banned
Meh, hero mode sounds more like "annoying mode" than like a good hard mode. Why do this boring stuff at all :(? Redesign the dungeons to have harder puzzles, make the enemies stronger by adding new patterns and "harder" attacks, don't just throw a multiplyer and an added annoyance into the mix >.<.

Nintendo hasn't remixed their dungeons in rereleases since Master Quest, and even that was from a prior project. It's not their thing

D-e-f-

Banned

Redesigning dungeons? Yea sure, like that would not take a significant amount of time and work, both of which they don't have the luxury to invest into something like this.

onipex

Nice bundle and this is why I will not ever get a console at launch again. I got the Wii U as a gift but I'm still waiting at least a year to get a console next time.

weevles

Oh, so this is likely the rumored/alleged bundle leaked by Target a few days ago?

I would definitely get one if a price drop was included with it....

Satchel

Banned
I hate you Nintendo.

If I had known this thing was coming, I wouldn't have bought one last year.

I'd still buy one if their account and content transfer system wasn't so fucked.

Madness

I old still remember the original wind waker commercials as they used to come on television. And then it was some girl in a cave at the end who went 'to save... me'.

I haven't seen many broadcasted Nintendo commercials in a longtime besides the few they had mentioning the Wii U or the Wii.

Heck I still remember the Link to the Past commercials on TV.

D-e-f-

Banned
I hate you Nintendo.

If I had known this thing was coming, I wouldn't have bought one last year.

I'd still buy one if their account and content transfer system wasn't so fucked.

Honestly, though... you kinda did know this was coming. Maybe not exactly this but something like this. At this point, it's not rocket science to figure this stuff out.

RagnarokX

I old still remember the original wind waker commercials as they used to come on television. And then it was some girl in a cave at the end who went 'to save... me'.

I haven't seen many broadcasted Nintendo commercials in a longtime besides the few they had mentioning the Wii U or the Wii.

Heck I still remember the Link to the Past commercials on TV.

It wasn't a cave, it was a realistic version of Forsaken Fortress! :p

And it was very memorable.

Wynnebeck

Banned
We still live in reality.

You realize this is a unreasonable request, right? That's like what the gamepad costs by itself. They're still selling at a loss at the current prices.

they are already losing money on the thing now how is losing $100 each time they sell a new Wii U to someone a smarter move?

Hey, why am I the bad guy? That's just what I want to happen so I can justify buying one. I never said it would actually happen. :p

I don't know what you were expecting lol. If it helps any, when I played the original game a year or two ago with 2x damage Action Replay code, it did make things pretty hard if you so much as fumbled up or had a group of enemies around you. I know for a fact the Savage Labyrinth will actually be hard now, at least,

Wasn't Savage Labyrinth this long enemy gauntlet? Like the only remotely challenging spot in the game? I remember very nearly dying there, once. But I was majorly screwing up, and IIRC, I realized after that I'd forgotten about my potions.

Redesigning dungeons? Yea sure, like that would not take a significant amount of time and work, both of which they don't have the luxury to invest into something like this.

They want to charge for a $60 premium product? The same cost as Wonderful 101, or Super Mario 3D World, or on another platform, Infamous: Second Son, for example? Then maybe there's the expectation they put more than a little work into what is otherwise a port of a game they fully developed and released for a console two generations, 13 years, ago. Tiny tweaks, Tingle bottles, and "selfies" do not cut it.

EhoaVash

I hope hero mode in wind waker is harder than skward sword's hero mode which was such a let down because of how easy it was especially after when you get the heart medal where at that point, I've forgotten that I was even playing it in hero mode.

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt

Imo they then should not bother with such a port/remake at all. In Skyward Sword they also had this horrible kind of hard mode, I really feel a bit trolled by it.

Revven

Wasn't Savage Labyrinth this long enemy gauntlet? Like the only remotely challenging spot in the game? I remember very nearly dying there, once. But I was majorly screwing up, and IIRC, I realized after that I'd forgotten about my potions.

Yes, that is correct. It is the Cave of Ordeals equivalent, except I don't think it goes down 100 floors...?

D-e-f-

Banned
They want to charge for a $60 premium product? The same cost as Wonderful 101, or Super Mario 3D World, or on another platform, Infamous: Second Son, for example? Then maybe there's the expectation they put more than a little work into what is otherwise a port of a game they fully developed and released for a console two generations, 13 years, ago. Tiny tweaks, Tingle bottles, and "selfies" do not cut it.

For what it's worth, no final pricing has been announced. Everybody is basing their rants off of amazon's placeholder price.

Imo they then should not bother with such a port/remake at all. In Skyward Sword they also had this horrible kind of hard mode, I really feel a bit trolled by it.

I know this is nit-picky but it is neither port nor remake. It's a remaster that is shaping up to be the definitive version of that game.

Not having played WW before, I guess this will be the offer I cannot pass; unless it eventually ends up being more expensive than regular deluxe bundles, or doesn't include NL.

Could have done a bit more I think. Made it gold or something. If they released a gold Wii U pro controller... and had more games that needed it... then I would consider that

Bit off topic, but have they toned down the bloom?

Top Bottom