• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Special Edition Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker HD Wii U confirmed [Hero Mode trailer]

Q

qizah

Unconfirmed Member
I was thinking of holding off on Wind Waker HD since I've already played it buuuuut kind of reconsidering now.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Wait, is there not a NA release date for Wind Waker HD yet? That's weird. October is only a little over a month away.

No recovery hearts is a deal-breaker.

Too often the harder difficulty mode is too hard, or the difficulty is increased just by more damage being dealt or something like that.

I'm happy with my Wii U Famicom faceplate:

iFrGSjWlEV5I3.jpg

where to get?

can't even add a triforce to the console , smh
the gamepad looks ok but I need more gold.

hmmmmm might be tempted if it rereleases on black Friday

hero mode from the start is a nice addition , thanks Nintendo

No recovery hearts is a deal-breaker.

Too often the harder difficulty mode is too hard, or the difficulty is increased just by more damage being dealt or something like that.

Wind Waker is probably the easiest game in the entire series. Mid-way through the game you'll be talking 10 hits before you die. that's plenty.

Besides, you can always get Grandma's soup, which hey, will finally be useful for once.

It seems weird to me that they didn't go for Mario or Donkey Kong bundles instead. I think Tropical Freeze and 3D World will be the games people will be buying the system to play this Holiday.

FSLink

Banned
It seems weird to me that they didn't go for Mario or Donkey Kong bundles instead. I think Tropical Freeze and 3D World will be the games people will be buying the system to play this Holiday.

Well I'm sure if those were to be announced, they'd likely do it closer to their release dates or around Black Friday/Christmas.

jnWake

Maybe they will... This is probably to get the Zelda hardcore fans that haven't bought the Wii U yet.

Thoraxes

Hero mode from the start is just awesome. I'm glad they seemed to have listened on this one. I never actually finished the whole game cause of the triforce quest, so it'll be nice to revisit in 1080p.

Well I'm sure if those were to be announced, they'd likely do it closer to their release dates or around Black Friday/Christmas.

I hope they don't announce a Zelda LBW 3DS now. I bought a new black XL after hearing rumors of the bundles weeks ago and thought I was in the clear. The rumor said this bundle and Pokemon X & Y XL bundles were coming.

I'm guessing Nintendo put more money and resources into Mario and DK that they wouldn't want to sell them as pack-ins, whereas whatever boost WWHD will have on hardware sales will far outweigh whatever profit they lose by not being able to sell it separately to certain customers.

D-e-f-

Banned
Likely =/= hardly (and I only used that word because obviously I don't have proof). But I would expect any journalist to ask for that information rather than check Amazon.com. I mean, they were at a preview event, it's kind of silly to think they wouldn't ask that info as a standard

Journalist?

HeySeuss

So with soup and the Fairee fountains, no recovery hearts doesn't sound too bad. We still get a full heart container after boss fights right? And the heart pieces scattered around the map?

Piece of cake.

All I know is I'm done being a day one Nintendo buyer. Zelda is my favorite series, but I already missed out on the Zelda DSLite and 3ds because I already had the handhelds, and now this one.

At least I still have my gold remote.

Auskeek

Wind Waker is probably the easiest game in the entire series. Mid-way through the game you'll be talking 10 hits before you die. that's plenty.

Besides, you can always get Grandma's soup, which hey, will finally be useful for once.

I was just thinking about the no recovery hearts scenario, and thinking to myself "how will you refresh your hearts?".

I completely forgot that Grandma's soup and Heart Potions existed at all, I've pretty much never used them at all in any Zelda game I've played.

I was just thinking about the no recovery hearts scenario, and thinking to myself "how will you refresh your hearts?".

I completely forgot that Grandma's soup and Heart Potions existed at all, I've pretty much never used them at all in any Zelda game I've played.

Also Pieces of Heart.

Qurupeke

I've been playin OoT Master Quest and double damage is surely a big trouble. And this will also make all the recoveries heart disappear from the overworld,dungeons?! I'm in love with the game...

NeOak

Great Nintendo. Fucking early adopters again.

I'm through buying Nintendo consoles on day 1. Fuck you Nintendo for fucking those of us who bought the Wii U and 3DS early on so you could release special Zelda editions as a reward to late adopters.

/rage

Top Bottom