• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT32| I've been meaning to love a boat

Tubobutts

Was that his series though?
That's why I'm not sure if it counts. He didn't come up with Unplugged, but them playing Avalon specifically was due to him.

Although looking it up, they only played it once as part of Unplugged and then again as part of the BLLSL show that's not really a series. Dan is still a monster.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Dan got so fucking tilted at the end lmao.

That's why I'm not sure if it counts. He didn't come up with Unplugged, but them playing Avalon specifically was due to him.

Although looking it up, they only played it once as part of Unplugged and then again as part of the BLLSL show that's not really a series. Dan is still a monster.

He's a monster and a friend.

Aselith

I'd like to wake up from this nightmare please. Thanks.

Funny-Minions-Rules-when-i-first-wake-up.jpg

BTA

You just reminded me how sad I am that Minion Navarro hasn't updated since 4/20.

I like the idea of Heat Sig, but I wish the game looked better. I'll give it a shot since Gunpoint was amazing.

Watching a couple videos made it clearer to me. I wish some parts were more distinct visually and it's not something I can really watch being played on my phone as a result, but I'm reasonably confident I can process it mentally now.

I'm excited to give it a couple hours tonight and then come back in a few weeks I guess. We're really entering a flood of games and sudden releases like this and most Switch eShop games aren't helping, hah.

How the bombcast handled the pdp snafu shows how much more capable they are of talking about the more serious topics revolving around gaming's shittier corners. If you aren't listening then you wouldn't know.

This is pretty condescending tbh. The Bombcast talk about it was nothing special and, as usual, the Beastcast talk was far overblown.

Hindl

Heat signature looks cool but, I dunno, I wish the levels looked a bit more like spaceships and were a bit less just "square rooms"?
Yeah, plus it seems easy to miss details if you aren't zoomed pretty far in, and seems like that would leave you at a disadvantage

Hearing Jeff say "LOOK AT THAT CORN!....MAN!" is hilarious

I dunno about Heat Signature either. It's waaay more Hotline Miami than I was expecting, and seems kinda grindy. For some reason I thought the gameplay would be much more stealth focused and tactical, with multi-person boarding crews or something, with more elaborate goals. However, from the QL it just looks like murder gauntlet after murder gauntlet, which I feel I'd get tired of after a few hours.

Sorta reminds me of Space Pirates and Zombies, but with Hotline Miami gameplay. Kinda confusing looking with a lot going on, and too grindy for its own good.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
I dunno about Heat Signature either. It's waaay more Hotline Miami than I was expecting, and seems kinda grindy. For some reason I thought the gameplay would be much more stealth focused and tactical, with multi-person boarding crews or something, with more elaborate goals. However, from the QL it just looks like murder gauntlet after murder gauntlet, which I feel I'd get tired of after a few hours.

Sorta reminds me of Space Pirates and Zombies, but with Hotline Miami gameplay. Kinda confusing looking with a lot going on, and too grindy for its own good.

See I'm the opposite, I want a roguelike thats waaaaay more Hotline Miami actually. Does that exist yet?

BTA

This video by the creator that was posted in the OT for it gave me a better idea of what to expect. It does seem very murdery but the pausing and fucking around with gadgets to get out of bad situations is really appealing to me.

See I'm the opposite, I want a roguelike thats waaaaay more Hotline Miami actually. Does that exist yet?

Unexplored is kiiinnda like that, in terms of how frantic the combat can be. But on standard settings it's a pretty tradiitonal roguelike rather than a combat gauntlet, with mystery potions and unexplored rooms and things like that. (Plus it's a fantasy setting, rather than sci-fi or modern.)

Austin had a good chill stream with it a while back.
This video by the creator that was posted in the OT for it gave me a better idea of what to expect. It does seem very murdery but the pausing and fucking around with gadgets to get out of bad situations is really appealing to me.

This is a much better display of the game, although I don't like all of the fiddly real time pausing stuff--just seems like clumsy accidents waiting to happen.

Top Bottom