• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT32| I've been meaning to love a boat

daveo42

Banned
"I told you guys we shouldn't have streamed this"

maxresdefault.jpg

daveo42

Banned
Is "White Balance" what is wrong now that is making my eyes hurt?

No, I think Jason has the lights up in the studio for the PC build, but it doesn't look very good. They need a separate space for the build with directed light instead of just brighter studio lights.
Edit: Sunshine Alex got it.

Do you think they will build it today? Looks more like they will order parts on stream.

Yes. No reason to have a stream where they just pick stuff off of PC Part Picker.

Gandie

No, I think Jason has the lights up in the studio for the PC build, but it doesn't look very good. They need a separate space for the build with directed light instead of just brighter studio lights.

Do you think they will build it today? Looks more like they will order parts on stream.

BTA

In the mid range. $1000-2000. Not to weak and not too crazy.

I'm wondering the same with the same budget range. I've been looking at PCPartsPicker but I have no idea if I should just go with one of those builds or not.

Is there any particularly good time to buy parts/wait for new versions or is it just "whenever things are on sale"?

Gandie

I'm wondering the same with the same budget range. I've been looking at PCPartsPicker but I have no idea if I should just go with one of those builds or not.

Is there any particularly good time to buy parts/wait for new versions or is it just "whenever things are on sale"?

You could always wait for the next CPU/GPU generation. Still RAM prices are crazy because of shortages, GPU prices are crazy because of mining. So your best bet is picking a general model and wait for sales.

Why is the stream so overexposed? I feel like every time I watch a West stream there's a problem with the video feed somehow

edit: oh it's intentional, disregard

Gandie

Hyper 212 is so 2009.

Does this build seem like a good starting place to you?

I'm far from an expert, mostly relied on r/buildapc and GAF's own Build a Pc thread. Still, I picked some things along the way. The 7500 seems to be a bit weak for the 1080. I've always had my CPU for several GPU generations, easily upgrading the graphics card along the way without the more involved upgrade process for the CPU.
That implies picking a better processor, that is overclockable, along with another motherboard chipset.

Note: Prices in the US are amazingly low, wants to make me build another one.

Top Bottom