• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT32| I've been meaning to love a boat

Everybody's golf and PC building. This is my shit. Also, Rorie wants to play Divinity 2 but he doesn't know when he'll have the time to do so.

JrQj0ba.png

IOet1XD.png

Jxziwn6.png

The parts so far.

817.34$ for everything except the SSD and video card (1080ti). Brad had to get it under budget.

I built my computer 3 years ago, but I really don't feel compelled to upgrade. All games that come out are built to the lowest common denominator (i.e. base Xbox One and PS3), that I'm never too far off from 1080p/60 with some tweaks.

The only time I would consider it is to run games at 4K. But do I really want to play on a 4K screen a foot away from my face?

Zaph

You could always wait for the next CPU/GPU generation. Still RAM prices are crazy because of shortages, GPU prices are crazy because of mining. So your best bet is picking a general model and wait for sales.

Yup. The PC is my primary platform, but now is not a great time. Even the main PC podcast I listen to is telling people just to get a PS4

If anyone's still intent on spending some money, I'd wait for 1070ti and 8700k reviews - both should be this month or early October.

It does fit the LGA 1151 socket, just put one in not to long ago. The instructions that come with the cooler are just really bad and just followed the LGA 1150 instructions and youtube tutorials.

Gandie

Valtýr;249573912 said:
They really didn't need to get a heatsink. A Ryzen with the provided fan would have been more than enough for their needs.

I picked my heatsink based on looks. The stock cooler looks awful.

NightOnyx

Valtýr;249573912 said:
They really didn't need to get a heatsink. A Ryzen with the provided fan would have been more than enough for their needs.

Yeah I have a Ryzen 5 1600 with the provided fan and it's fantastic! I have no issues with temps, and I've even overclocked it a bit with zero problems. They would have saved some money on their build as well.

Valtýr

Yeah I have a Ryzen 5 1600 with the provided fan and it's fantastic! I have no issues with temps, and I've even overclocked it a bit with zero problems. They would have saved some money on their build as well.

Yeah I built my girlfriends PC recently with that CPU and it's perfect. Sounds like Brad didn't use PC Part Picker either.

Could have been so much easier!

def sim

The 212 is a pain in the ass even if you know how to put it on. The newer, closed loop coolers are so much easier as long as you don't do it completely blind like in their last stream.

Top Bottom