• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Grandmasters announced (iOS/And, takes place in FF11's Vanadiel, Crooz)

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Just announced at the FF11 event.

I'll try to update with more details soon.

The game is reminiscent of White Cat Project (very successful Japanese iOS/And game that often pulls in ~$1 million a day judging by games with known revenue that chart at the same spots, here's that for reference http://www.appannie.com/apps/ios/app/bai-maopurojekuto/). I note this as that game doesn't have a stamina bar, so if they're targeting the same audience, this might not either.

Square Enix said:
FINAL FANTASY GRANDMASTERS: A New Online RPG for Smartphones Set in the World of Vana'diel

FINAL FANTASY GRANDMASTERS is a full-scale online RPG for smartphones that shares the characters and world setting of FINAL FANTASY XI.

Players are able to freely combine their favorite jobs and dazzling equipment to create, strengthen, and power up their characters. Chat and communicate with those you meet, engage in real time cooperative battles, and make new friends as you vanquish foes and assist allies.

Keep your eye on this new generation of FINAL FANTASY scheduled for release in 2015, brought to you in all its glory in collaboration with Crooz Inc., creators of numerous smash hit social games such as The Knights of Avalon.

* At present, the game is scheduled for release in Japan only.

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/46414

For now here are images:

ffg1qeuq0.png

ffg2dtu3h.png

ffg3n4ujb.png

ffg42guss.png

ffg557usv.png

Kitoro

I'm a huge FFXI fan, but this isn't very nice to look at. Hopefully the gameplay makes up for that.

I'm much more excited for Brave Exvius.

On a side note, isn't S-E drowning F2P fans with too many FF mobile games at once?

Qvoth

White cat project gets 1 million a day? Holy shit
Haven't bothered with jp mobages in quite a while, what's the current hottest thing?

ash_ag

I have nothing against casual mobile games in principle, and maybe a casual FFXI spin-off is not a terrible idea.
That said, how can it even be legal for something so offensively ugly to exist?

Was there a certain date when Square Enix and quality control broke up? Does anything matter at this point?

Does Square just shit out mobile games? There is a new one a week or something.

This is the standard Square-Enix (and Squaresoft also) strategy: pump out game after game on the most successful platform of the moment, even if some of those porjects are completely nonsensical, or will never work. SNES, PS1, PS2, DS, and now mobile.

On topic, this looks quite nice anyway.

I don't like the environment art. Its kinda sacrilegious to depict the beautiful world of Vana'diel in such an ugly fashion. That said if its fun Ill definitely give it a shot. Provided it gets localized.

I really hope this is not going to be a cashgrab, it might actually be fun then.

But looking at FF:ATB, I hold out very little hope. I'm already seeing a dreaded energy bar, so there's that.

Interfectum

It looks like they fucked up the texture scaling on the environments. Something seems "off."

I'm guessing this is a Unity engine game?

Top Bottom