• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Devil May Cry 4 SE: Vergil, Trish & Lady Playable, Release Date 18th of June

BasilZero

PC version too? Sweet, good thing I didnt buy the vanilla version on PC lol. Already have it on PS3 and loved it. Cant wait to get the SE on PC :)!

Thank you Capcom! This is above and beyond what I expected. I thought Playable Lady was always going to be an unobtainable dream.

TreIII

All these other Remasters should take notes. DmC:DE and especially DMC4SE are putting them all on blast, with the way they put them all on blast.

And just like that 4SE, a remaster/remake of a game that's 7 years old, is my most wanted game of 2015. Can't wait to play as Trish in an actually good DMC game!

V_Arnold

Playable Trish is HEAVEN.

My mains from UMVC3 are returning with full glory.
Day freaking zero.
Day zero.

I will master Trish, even if it takes me a year.
(Oops, did that sound weird? :p)

FATALITY

Banned
tumblr_ndpkvifcOe1qdlh1io1_400.gif
lol

Aske

Awesome. I would have jumped on this just for Vergil, but I'm all about playing the whole DMC crew!

Also looking forward to playing with Red Queen and Blue Rose again. So ready to return to this game.

Steroyd

Trish and Lady? Sign me the fuck up, not day one because remaster, but sign me up anyway.

What a shocking difference I'm feeling between this and DmC DE which felt like a post mortem more than anything, can't believe I'm getting excited for a remaster that I criticised heavily for being half a game, I would have laughed at myself 7 years ago at the thought of buying it again.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Uh ? PC version too ? I didn't knew it was confirmed :eek:

This. It's pretty much a shock they're doing a PC version. Will get for cheap on Steam sale unless it's an "upgrade"/DLC thing to add Virgil, Trish and Lady to the game.

correojon

Probably as Trish's
pre-order bonus/DLC
alt costume?
Gloria also used a knife, maybe it'll be usable together with Sparda sword,

Nice, this may be the first game I triple dip. Got the disc first, then bought it on Steam for convenience and now the SE. Hope Capcom gets the message...

Alo0oy

Banned
DMC4 & GoW3 releasing in June & July, great Summer for character action game fans.

Trish & Lady playable too? Fuck me I don't need anything to play between those two games & Bloodborne for the rest of the year.

Life is good.

MUnited83

For you.
This. It's pretty much a shock they're doing a PC version. Will get for cheap on Steam sale unless it's an "upgrade"/DLC thing to add Virgil, Trish and Lady to the game.

I wouldn't say it's much of a shock. Many people were already expecting it because it got a rating by USK for the PC version.

AAK

Play all levels huh? I wonder how they'll balance the enemies since so many of them were designed around devil bringer.

I hope the other characters will be as fleshed out and complete as Nero/Dante were.

Neoxon

TRISH AND LADY PLAYABLE?!

tumblr_mwvb9xXxgg1rg4mm8o1_500.gif
Godlike

At least we have confirmation that the Legendary Dark Knight mode will be in the Special Edition. But one question, will Trish & Lady have their own stories, or is it just Vergil who looks to be having his own campaign?

TreIII

Play all levels huh? I wonder how they'll balance the enemies since so many of them were designed around devil bringer.

I hope the other characters will be as fleshed out and complete as Nero/Dante were.

Probably the same way they balanced them with Dante.
Which was not much at all, but still so very fun.

And they likely will be fully-fleshed. After all, if we don't get much else in the way of content, 3 more characters still means quite a bit.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus

Lady has the Kalina Anne grapple and Trish technically has flight. They could work those into the traversal somehow.

Wonder what Lady's 'Devil Trigger' will be.

And guessing her fighting style will be all guns and no melee weapons?

Maybe she'll use her firearms/grenades to melee, like gun-fu.

Alo0oy

Banned
Wonder what Lady's 'Devil Trigger' will be.

And guessing her fighting style will be all guns and no melee weapons?

They can replace her DT with some sort of Kalinn Anne AoE attack or massive homing missiles, I'd hate for them to cheap out & give her a DT buff that makes no sense to the story.

KyleCross

Aw, bought the vanilla PC version a few months back after buying the HD Collection so that I had them all when I do my first ever playthrough of the series and now it is obsolete.

BadWolf

True, that's certainly the direction she was leaning going by the DMC3 cutscenes.

They can replace her DT with some sort of Kalinn Anne AoE attack or massive homing missiles, I'd hate for them to cheap out & give her a DT buff that makes no sense to the story.

Ditto, hope it's something creative/interesting.

Lady has the Kalina Anne grapple and Trish technically has flight. They could work those into the traversal somehow.

I'm actually hoping they're doing the right thing and restructuring the parts of levels that rely on the Devil Bringer so you can also play as Nero in any level and play as Dante in any level.

I'm a bit bummed that this seems to confirm that there won't, in fact, be a new Vergil campaign, though. But I always thought that'd be the case because of what's scalable to develop and what isn't (new level assets might be more costly to include).

SUPER excited to see how Lady and Trish play, especially Lady (I wanna see Trish play like she does in MvC3 with a heavy reliance on the Sparda's ability to change shape). And yeah, Lady using firearms for melee attacks could result in a great sly Bayonetta tribute character. I hope she has a double jump that causes damage to enemies (by rocket jumping).

I'm definitely hoping this also includes stuff like a classic weapons pack for Dante (Cerberus, A&R, Nevan, Artemis at least, please) and (if we're REALLY REALLY lucky) classic bosses so we can re-fight Phantom, Cerberus, Beowulf, even classic Vergil and Nelo Angelo.

Top Bottom