• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I just made a Super Saiyan omelette

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sinfamy

When it comes to food I am picky, but I'm especially picky when it comes to eggs.
I like omelets the most, but they have to be cooked my way, I won't eat anyone else's.
Typically it's made with only one egg, two if I'm really hungry, never more.
It has to be well season and spiced, in my case I use a lot of Vegeta with a dash of paprika.
It has to be thin and dry, I hate juicy slimy omelets, I think of them as egg pizzas.
You never fold an omelet, just as you never fold a proper slice of pizza, you enjoy the flavor in full, not piled up.
Toppings go on top, never mixed in, including cheese.
When mixing, I use a fork, and mix until there's absolutely no white left, and then I mix some more, at this point I add the seasoning, you'll know you've added enough when you've added too much.
I use sunflower oil, no other comes close.
Normally I dice some mushrooms, but I didn't have any.
Canned mushrooms are best, fry them separately a little bit, then you mix them in, you don't want to throw them when they're still watery.

A well spiced pickle, diced into thin slices, or long thin horizontal lines would be a good side.
The aged Swiss cheese is lazily placed.
7biuIgB.png

How do you cook your inferior omelets GAF?

It looks like you spread mayonnaise on a crepe.

I will applaud your ability to remove it from the pan though. I always mess that up.

Salsa

I call into question the top ingredient considering you are at your computer desk.

the whole super expert talk about cooking + dbz reference + the reveal of the shitty-looking omelette on a computer desk really does make this whole thing look like some sort of reddit neckbeard post. it's great

Salsa

they have to be cooked my way, I won't eat anyone else's

in my case I use a lot of Vegeta with a dash of paprika

you enjoy the flavor in full, not piled up

you'll know you've added enough when you've added too much

I use sunflower oil, no other comes close

A well spiced pickle, diced into thin slices, or long thin horizontal lines would be a good side

The aged Swiss cheese is lazily placed

OP I hate you

Hoo-doo

Banned
I usually eat my omelettes with my girlfriend, not alone in front of my 1337 gaming keyboard and sharing it with a forum.

So there.

Jintor

Three eggs. Dash of sour cream usually or milk if I have it (I don't usually buy milk because even in the smallest sizes it tends to go off before I use it all). Fresh cut shallots, diced. Shredded cheddar cheese. Salt. Pepper. Canola oil usually, olive oil sometimes. Whisk like mad. Toss in pan on medium. Season asap. Flip over itself. Make sure it doesn't stick to the pan. Toss around a little when solid. Flip off into plate.

Eat with pan-fried mushrooms in butter, avocado, sausages, and rocket and mini tomatos.

Salsa

Three eggs. Dash of sour cream usually or milk if I have it (I don't usually buy milk because even in the smallest sizes it tends to go off before I use it all). Fresh cut shallots, diced. Shredded cheddar cheese. Salt. Pepper. Canola oil usually, olive oil sometimes. Whisk like mad. Toss in pan on medium. Season asap. Flip over itself. Make sure it doesn't stick to the pan. Toss around a little when solid. Flip off into plate.

Eat with pan-fried mushrooms in butter, avocado, sausages, and rocket and mini tomatos.

this is more akin to how I tend to do it but spanish style with potatoes like funkypapa

green peppers
tomatoes
crisp onions
squash
jalapenos
potatoes
that one vegetable you don't like but have to put in anyway because it's good for you
assorted seasoning
cheese if you aren't lactose intolerant
fresh fruit
pointless parsley leaf to show how 5 star gourmet you eat at all times
a cousin to say it tastes better than your girlfriend's cooking

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Three eggs, a teaspoon of heavy cream, some salt. Clarified in the omelette pan. Whisk the eggs, pour into pan. Using a rubber spatula, you gently move the eggs around until a solidified bottom begins to form. You lift an end up, letting the egg on top move underneath that and let cook for a bit. Flip the egg. If you see brown, you have failed and must throw it out to protect your honor as a Frenchman. Cook the eggs then add whatever fresh ingredients you want to the middle. (Canned = just go eat a McGriddle, you heathen). Fold one end over, then gently roll onto the plate to create something that looks something like this.

6a00d834557a3069e20148c80327ec970c-450wi

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Three eggs, a teaspoon of heavy cream, some salt. Clarified in the omelette pan. Whisk the eggs, pour into pan. Using a rubber spatula, you gently move the eggs around until a solidified bottom begins to form. You lift an end up, letting the egg on top move underneath that and let cook for a bit. Flip the egg. If you see brown, you have failed and must throw it out to protect your honor as a Frenchman. Cook the eggs then add whatever fresh ingredients you want to the middle. (Canned = just go eat a McGriddle, you heathen). Fold one end over, then gently roll onto the plate to create something that looks something like this.

6a00d834557a3069e20148c80327ec970c-450wi

So much work for something you're just gonna shit out.

Seanspeed

Banned
This is a great advertisement for how being a picky eater sucks ass.

I would ask if you're poor OP, but you're using sunflower oil and swiss cheese, so probably not. I just............damn man, I feel bad for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom