• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Phoenix Wright homage in latest Haruhi Suzumiya episode

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
haruhiphoenix8gx.gif

Itsuki's Edgeworth impersonation was also a nice touch. I also liked how the music sped up during the Haruhi zoom-in to finger point scene, just like in the game. :D

Belfast

Oh man, two of my favorite things combined!

I didn't even know the latest episode was out yet, though!

*goes to find it*

Snaku said:
I demand a Phoenix Wright anime. If Viewtiful Joe got one, this should too.
QFT. Although Detective Conan does take some of the edge off.

Whatever this show is, it just earned some considerable awesome points.

XiaNaphryz

Lindsay said:
Beezy said:
I think I'll start watching that anime. :lol
You'll be sorry.

haruhi_objection.gif

Haruhi is one of those series where you either love it or hate it with no in-betweens. Go through the first 3 episodes if you can before you solidify your opinion, and keep in mind the show is taking the non-linear approach to telling the story. Watching something in proper chronological order is overrated anyways. :D

Belfast

XiaNaphryz said:
haruhi_objection.gif

Haruhi is one of those series where you either love it or hate it with no in-betweens. Go through the first 3 episodes if you can before you solidify your opinion, and keep in mind the show is taking the non-linear approach to telling the story. Watching something in proper chronological order is overrated anyways. :D

Yeah, the non-linear stuff can be really confusing because it makes me think I missed an episode somewhere. Still a cool series, though.

Lindsay

Dot Hacked
XiaNaphryz said:

I watched the first 5 and it was slow plodding crap. :(

Harem anime posing as something "deeper" ftl.

SuperPac

Haruhi Suzumiya completely and totally rocks. I wasn't too sure what to make of it after that first episode, but it's pretty fun. Doesn't seem too overtly moe, unlike way too many of the shows coming out of Japan lately.

Jiggy

I have to confess, I'm stupidly interested in this anime series just from having seen the avatars around here and reading about it on Wikipedia.

Crocodile

The first 3 episodes of the show didn't impress me that much but then they throw this in. Now I have to continue watching.

Lindsay said:

That doesn't even make sense. How is it a harem show? Unless you want to say it's Haruhi who has the harem but it's not like people are jumping to bone Haruhi for no good reason but she keeps rejecting them for no reason or whatever constitue the generic harem anime.

Drakken

That's awesome. Why did they do this? Were they arguing a case or something? Or is it one of those shows where they can do any random thing and it won't seem weird at all?

Pellham

Banned
Lindsay said:

I think you might possibly be the only person in existence who dislikes Haruhi.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
I saw this before at least the PW one, but the one with Edgeworth is hilarious :lol

Busaiku

DarknessTear said:
Everything good is supposedly overrated. Also the ED single is on the top 5.
Not everything good is overrated!
There's uhh Inukami and Ouran Koukou Host Club!
The intro to Black Cat was number 1 on the charts for a few months, that shouldn't make the series superb.

7Th

Lindsay said:

Oh the irony of an argument based on the pretentiousness of an anime coming from a .Hack series fanatic. :lol

By the way, it may be a harem anime, just for the three girls falling for the male main character, but it's not aiming at deepness nor takes itself seriously.

atomsk

Party Pooper
totally didnt catch that when i watched it last night.

slow and plodding? zuh? last time i checked .hack//sign put me into a goddamn coma.

i got fairly burned out on keeping up on the fansub scene 2 years ago, and Haruhi drags me back in...

XiaNaphryz

7Th said:
Oh the irony of an argument based on the pretentiousness of an anime coming from a .Hack series fanatic. :lol

By the way, it may be a harem anime, just for the three girls falling for the male main character, but it's not aiming at deepness nor takes itself seriously.

I haven't followed .Hack since the original series, and I never gotten around to trying any of the games. Has it gotten better at all?

Top Bottom