• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Could Daredevil and Spider-Man ever meet in the MCU?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wag

I've been watching Daredevil on Netflix and loving it. I'm wondering now that Spider-Man is going to start making appearances in the MCU if it would ever be possible for these two to meet, and in what capacity? Speculate a bit.

k7ftKIa.jpg

Wag

I'm wondering in what capacity this will happen. You'd think Marvel/Netflix would want to keep these two properties apart. I could see quite possibly Peter Parker or Matt Murdock doing a cameo in either other's movies/shows, but as a hero it doesn't seem likely.

I could see Daredevil having a supporting role in the Spiderman solo film - plus, I've heard that they intended on using Donofrio's version of Kingpin in later MCU movies.

Katori

Of course. In fact, they should.

Would much rather see Kingpin and Spidey though. There's a classic pairing, and D'Onofrio said he'd be down.

SFenton

I could see Daredevil having a supporting role in the Spiderman solo film - plus, I've heard that they intended on using Donofrio's version of Kingpin in later MCU movies.

Seeing as how these universes are tied, unlike DC's TV/film franchises, I'd be completely floored if they used someone else as a film Kingpin.

Busaiku

For the past few days I've been upset over the likelihood that we probably won't really see street level Spider-Man in the movies; and it's highly unlikely there'll be a Spider-Man serial like Daredevil.
It'd be great though, to see guys like Tombstone, Hammerhead, Mr. Negative, and so on. I suppose we could see reimagined (more grounded) versions of these characters in Daredevil, but I would've liked to see their dealings with Peter.

Seeing as how these universes are tied, unlike DC's TV/film franchises, I'd be completely floored if they used someone else as a film Kingpin.

I more meant that they intended Kingpin to be a long-term villian in the MCU, rather than something just limited to Daredevil. I doubt any major characters established in SHIELD or Carter would ever pop up in a film (for anything more than a cameo).

Renekton

The power gulf between their cinematic versions is huge though.

TASM Spidey would take out the Netflix DD thugs in a blink.

Fou-Lu

The power gulf between Spidey and Daredevil in pretty much any incarnation is huge. Doesn't mean they can't work together. (See Superman and Batman).

Nyanmaruz

I think there was a higher chance of seeing Daredevil and Spiderman together on the same screen when
Urich
was alive
. Now I'm losing a bit of hope...

No, no one wants dark and gritty spiderman, and no one wants light and playful daredevil.

Punisher has a higher chance of appearing onscreen with Daredevil

DD needs to get his shit together if he wants to cut it with the big boys in the movies. Guy can't handle a basic street thug without getting halfway knocked out and stabbed three times. At this point he wouldn't even stand earn a spot on the Agents of SHIELD team.

cacildo

Well, they will have to make something about the newspapers, since it seems ben ulrich now works for the "new york bulletin"

Cartman86

Banned
Probably shouldn't read much of anything about Spider-man based off of the first season of Daredevil as it was finished before the Spider-man deal was made.

To answer the question i'm sceptical. I guess when casting a young unknown as Spidey they could make that part of the deal, but the specifics of everything seem too complicated. I doubt we see anything other than small references and characters that would never show up in the movies. I would guess the Daily Bugle will show up in these Netflix shows at some point for example.

Daredevil and Spider-Man were always Marvels two best characters with the x-men coming in third. Believe it or not the Avengers were always C listers and their comic didn't even start selling well until both Mark Millar and Bendis came in and completely revamped them from the ground up to make them marketable.

Philippo

Surely, but the fact that they'll have more than 10 years gap of age it'll probably influence their relationship a lot.

I said this in the Civil War thread, no idea why people think power disparity is a problem since;

A) It's the same story in the comics
B) The Avengers have a guy who shoots arrows and an invulnerable radioactive killing machine on the same team

It'll annoy me if they don't do this to be honest. What's the point in the shared universe if you don't get cool cameos? It's even easier with actors like Cox since they most likely demand a far smaller paycheck than RDJ et al.

Alienous

I think Spider-Man would be a good bridge between Daredevil and the movies.

I don't know, maybe Aunt May is facing eviction and we see Peter Parker approach Matt Murdock for help. Wouldn't even need to see the Spider-Man suit, I just think it would ground everything.

yeah sure. but honestly i hope this kingpin never interacts with spider-baby. a 16 year old kid trading words with this crime boss just cheapens donofrio's performance imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom