• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shadow of the Beast (PS4) being shown at PSN press event

TimmiT

CCjOn-gUkAAx6Kd.jpg:orig
To answer your questions - Shadow of the Beast does live! @heavyspectrum
https://twitter.com/SonyXDevEurope/status/587946938319953921

I guess we'll hear more about the game whenever the embargo is up.

Tizoc

Was thinking we'd see more of the game this year. I think it's releasing in either 2015 or 2016, but hopefully we get more stuff during E3.
...but who am I kidding, E3 will just have another CGI trailer, I wanna see gameplay!

So... I'm thinking Guacameleeish?

Hard to say what I want out of this. I remember the original fondly...but that was mostly due to the background scrolling and not a lot else.

Was thinking we'd see more of the game this year. I think it's releasing in either 2015 or 2016, but hopefully we get more stuff during E3.
...but who am I kidding, E3 will just have another CGI trailer, I wanna see gameplay!

The image in the OP is showing a build of the game playable for the press.

What else showing at the event? Is Rime there?

XDev Europe's twitter mentioned Alienation & Shadow of the Beast only.

PSN,2D movement....i was hoping this would be a 3D reboot ala God of War,but considering the developer,budget probably not...oh well at least it's not dead.

Com_Raven

The image in the OP is showing a build of the game playable for the press.

XDev Europe's twitter mentioned Alienation & Shadow of the Beast only.

Since Chinese Room tweeted about it, it is probably fair to assume that "Everybody's Gone to the Rapture" is there as well.

Since Chinese Room tweeted about it, it is probably fair to assume that "Everybody's Gone to the Rapture" is there as well.

Yeah, but Rapture is a SSM-produced game.

Rime is produced by XDev Europe, along with Shadow of the Beast/Alienation. Since Rime wasn't mentioned by XDev's twitter, I took it as it not appearing.

Rime is produced by XDev Europe, along with Shadow of the Beast/Alienation. Since Rime wasn't mentioned by XDev's twitter, I took it as it not appearing.

Always found that weird. The Chinese Room are based in Europe (England to be precise) and would assume XDev would help them as opposed to SSM

And here I was worried they might've cancelled it - Great news and hopefully a great game as well!

EDIT:
Wait, this is a sidescroller!? Aw, man... :(
I was hoping for a God of War-esque reboot. Oh well, I'll take a "wait and see" approach to all of this!

Acosta

I am really anxious about seeing this, hope they didn't screw it.

They just have to release a stunning looking 2D/2,5D game, I don't ask for more.

All four of those games look really interesting, but only Rime is on my 2015 top 10 most anticipated, so a little sad to see it absent...

Madchad

need to make sure they include the original theme in the game somewhere because that was great. I really hope they make it as hard as the original as well

delSai

Oh, i thought this was a 3D Action Slasher-God of War thingie. Anyways, looking forward to finally seeing some gameplay.

wapplew

I just hope it control well, I mean you got grab, counter, dodge, jump/sidestep, stun all map on different button.
Seems like it will have some learning curve.

All four of those games look really interesting, but only Rime is on my 2015 top 10 most anticipated, so a little sad to see it absent...

Probably reserved for E3. Sounds like not showing it at this event was a publisher (Sony) decision more than anything else.

pcDCqKy.jpg

biteren

glad to hear its not dead, im just getting tired of waiting for stuff as ridiculous as that sounds. and as E3 is almost here, im just gonna be thirstier.

emrober5

Hmm thought this was going to be a big retail release, not a side scroller psn game.

Admittedly, I had never even heard of the old ones.

Wakka212

Hmm thought this was going to be a big retail release, not a side scroller psn game.

Admittedly, I had never even heard of the old ones.

I'm in the same boat.

Not disappointed, but I expected a different kind of game after seeing the initial reveal trailer.

Top Bottom