• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA V sold more than 1,000,000 on PC in less than a day

Rymuth

So....where are we at with this game's LTD sales? A billion? 2 billion?

EDIT: Forgot to add, well-deserved R*

Serick

Married Member
It's the third copy of the game I've purchased. To be fair I traded the PS3 version in for the PS4 version... but yeah.

BFIB

I'm part of the problem. I'm seriously considering buying it again after buying it on PS3/PS4.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Rockstar will never do a simultaneous release ever again confirmed

Would imagine that would be the case. Seems like a small number compared to the console versions. I don't think they were stringing along folks with intentionally fake release dates, the PC port just took longer than they figured it would have.

Salsa

It would have sold more if it did.
As far as I'm concerned, I didn't buy it, because the hype was over for me, I mean, my interest for the game just flew away.

lol you're crazy

the amount of people double/triple-dipping is crazy and something that wouldnt have happened at all if they were given the option for the best looking / playing version right from the start

im sure they took their time cause they wanted to do it right after the last fiasco but it's still a market decision as well, and a damn effective one

Chris1

That's my takeaway from this too

GTA6 will be PS4/XB1
Then a rerelease on PS5/XB2
Then a PC release

And they'll sell 60 million copies

That's kind of risky since PS5/XB2 will most likely be backwards compatible though.

Edit: Yeah they will delay released between platforms, but I don't think they will intentionally delay the game to the point where it comes out just before the PS5/XB2 just to port it to ps5/xb2 while it's still relevant.

KePoW

Banned
Why don't more open world titles have as detailed game worlds as what GTA 5 has

This is what I'm wondering too. I've never worked in the gaming business, but I have no idea why other devs don't do open-world games of the scope and coolness of GTAs

I don't see how it's such a hard concept to make

Krakn3Dfx

Doesn't even include non-Steam copies?

holyshitpe6-267x300.gif

Megatron

It would have sold more if it did.
As far as I'm concerned, I didn't buy it, because the hype was over for me, I mean, my interest for the game just flew away.

Except that your lack of a purchase was more than made up by people like this.

It's the third copy of the game I've purchased. To be fair I traded the PS3 version in for the PS4 version... but yeah.

So really, a simultaneous release probably wouldn't have helped sales, it probably would have made them worse. Imagine how the ps4/xb1 versions would have sold if they came out a year after the PC version.

Salsa

This is what I'm wondering too. I've never worked in the gaming business, but I have no idea why other devs don't do open-world games of the scope and coolness of GTAs

my troll radar is off it's too early. can't tell

You think this wasn't planned this way?

def planned, beyond the port having actual work put into it and being great

just saying this is the fruit of those plans and certainly guarantees them doing the same going forward

you really couldnt say this before considering the mess that was GTAIV PC

Betty

Banned
That's my takeaway from this too

GTA6 will be PS4/XB1
Then a rerelease on PS5/XB2
Then a PC release

And they'll sell 60 million copies

I'd like to hope we get two GTA's like last gen... but given how monumental the task in creating GTAVI will be, It could probably be the only one we get this gen.

I'm guilty of the double dip.

Bought on 360, never finished, then built a kickass PC instead of buying PS4/XB1. So I've been waiting.

Trace

Banned

Because most dev teams don't have 5 years and 1000 people to devote to a game. Rockstar is literally the only dev with the resources to do that.

Fucking pirates, could have been 2 million.

This are Steam numbers. How exactly could it have been 2 million?

Yudoken

Not including Rockstar Social Club version? (Which is the retail and all the ones avaible from keystores)

I think the've sold about 1,5 to 2 million copies if you add the missing ones.

Top Bottom