• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Dragon Ball TV Series Announced: Dragon Ball Super

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know it's possible that the other movies could be written as taking place in the other universes. It give them a chance to make Broly cannon since he is so damn popular.

Apath

Roshi was formidable for one arc, when he was Jackie Chun. Literally every other fighter becomes stronger than him (his words)
Nah, he could have defeated Tien for sure. He only became sidelined when King Piccolo appeared, and even then, the Evil Containment Wave kept him useful.

ant1532

Banned
YOO the most recent episode of DBKai (152) is the most hype thing in the kid buu saga!!! Ahh, I'm watching it right now, goku going ssj3 and vegeta actually enjoying watching goku fight. the fight sequence is really well done.

XKKKjAi.png

4DVAWXO.png

Snaku

Banned
What in the hell were they thinking adding that green filter? It looks horrific.

Praying to God Super isn't going for that look.

According to the Xenoverse canon, GT is another timeline.

Makes total sense, other timelines clearly exist in the DBverse.

What caused it? Who knows.
I don't like when people bring this up because it's not true. First of all Xenoverse has no authority in the matter, secondly Trunks was explaining why the Trunks in GT isn't him, because when he went back in time he created a second timeline, the timeline that leads to Buu, he's basically saying that GT comes after Buu in the regular timeline. Xenoverse weirdly tries really hard to put GT into the same universe as the Gods stuff, which is extra hilarious now after Resurrection F.
What in the hell were they thinking adding that green filter? It looks horrific.

Praying to God Super isn't going for that look.
They didn't add a green filter, most of the late episodes of Z look like that due to the reels being damaged and since Kai Buu arc is made on a budget of a Twix bar and a Mountain Dew bottle with backwash and chewed tobacco in it they didn't fix it.

Waldini

Why the fuck would Goku need a "change" anyway? O, wait! Lets give him some decent Trunk-shoes. That'll do the trick.

Come on ... this shit is getting ridicilous. Please, just go back to the regular SSJ transformations while we are at it. Red hair? Blue hair? What's next? Going bald?

Kpjplsj.jpg

First shot of Goku from the Super manga. Source.

Ugh, no it's not. It is a piece of art made to advertise the Resurrection F manga and they used it on the page of V-Jump announcing the DBS manga because it was done by the same artist. It's no different than the DBS website using stock Battle of Gods art.

Anth0ny

Ugh, no it's not. It is a piece of art made to advertise the Resurrection F manga and they used it on the page of V-Jump announcing the DBS manga because it was done by the same artist.

ah.

It did seem a bit out of nowhere. Though the artist who drew it (Toyotaro) is also doing the manga adaptation of Super, so I'd expect Goku to look pretty similar nonetheless.

ah.

It did seem a bit out of nowhere. Though the artist who drew it (Toyotaro) is also doing the manga adaptation of Super, so I'd expect Goku to look pretty similar nonetheless.

Goku actually looked closer to the movie in the manga of RF. Beside that we still don't know what his outfit will look like.

rrc1594

I hope the first episode is an hour special.

You know who is really happy about all of this Bandai Namco

I like those shoes doe!

Roshi was formidable for one arc, when he was Jackie Chun. Literally every other fighter becomes stronger than him (his words)

What Kenak said; he was pretty strongly outclassed, but he was once tops, and I'd like to see him back on top again. It wouldn't be too silly for it to happen either - relative to other humans, he had a stranger origin. Just have him turn 200 and get like, super superhuman powers :v

What Kenak said; he was pretty strongly outclassed, but he was once tops, and I'd like to see him back on top again. It wouldn't be too silly for it to happen either - relative to other humans, he had a stranger origin. Just have him turn 200 and get like, super superhuman powers :v

In Dragonball logic, either a loved one has to die so you get stronger, or you get power granted and handed over to you...so maybe Boobus the god of
boobs
will grant him some special power by training him
starring at boobs 24/7

Roshi is already past 200 isn't he? I think I remember the show stating he climbed Karin's tower 300 years before Goku.

KimiNewt

Scored 3/100 on an Exam
I'm not really interested in this show unless they do stuff with the minor (read: non-saiyan) characters. Not interested in seeing Goku power up some more and Vegeta being shown up.

Either that or I'll watch the inevitable abridged version.

I'm not really interested in this show unless they do stuff with the minor (read: non-saiyan) characters. Not interested in seeing Goku power up some more and Vegeta being shown up.

Either that or I'll watch the inevitable abridged version.
You wanna watch Yamcha and Chiotzu get their asses kicked over and over? Lol

On a serious note I kind of agree with you. Give Picollo, Krillin, Android 18, hell even Roshi something to do.

Fuck get fucking Gohan to be at least relevant again.

In Dragonball logic, either a loved one has to die so you get stronger, or you get power granted and handed over to you...so maybe Boobus the god of
boobs
will grant him some special power by training him
starring at boobs 24/7

Z logic anyway :v

Roshi is already past 200 isn't he? I think I remember the show stating he climbed Karin's tower 300 years before Goku.

Or whatever his age is :p "Humans achieve a new potential once they hit X years of age"

Imagine - Master Roshi being powerful enough that Goku would have to train under him again!

You wanna watch Yamcha and Chiotzu get their asses kicked over and over? Lol

On a serious note I kind of agree with you. Give Picollo, Krillin, Android 18, hell even Roshi something to do.

Fuck get fucking Gohan to be at least relevant again.

I kind of want to see Yamcha, Tenshinhan, and Chaozu on the sidelines, with Krillin, Piccolo, Android 18, Master Roshi, Goku, Vegeta, Gohan, Videl, Goten, Trunks, Pan, Uub, and Majin Buu representing the main "Super Fighters"

NeonZ

I kind of want to see Yamcha, Tenshinhan, and Chaozu on the sidelines, with Krillin, Piccolo, Android 18, Master Roshi, Goku, Vegeta, Gohan, Videl, Goten, Trunks, Pan, Uub, and Majin Buu representing the main "Super Fighters"

Well, in RoF the main team was Goku, Vegeta, Gohan, Piccolo, Kuririn, Tenshihan and Roshi. It could be an indication of the new show's direction, since Tenshihan and Roshi are even getting some merchandising due to that movie.

Roshi also somehow surpassed Yamcha since he and Chaotzu were considered too weak to go to battle, while Trunks and Goten were just too reckless and Majin Buu went into hibernation.

YOO the most recent episode of DBKai (152) is the most hype thing in the kid buu saga!!! Ahh, I'm watching it right now, goku going ssj3 and vegeta actually enjoying watching goku fight. the fight sequence is really well done.

Was pleasantly surprised they kept Vegeta's speech to Kid Buu In recent eps.

Astral Dog

I still don't like the "new"(or GT) Goku, he looks all shiny and weird, and why he has dark skin now?

can't get over that, but maybe a full TV Show will help.

NeonZ

I still don't like the "new"(or GT) Goku, he looks all shiny and weird, and why he has dark skin now?

can't get over that, but maybe a full TV Show will help.

The new movies haven't darkened his skin though?

dragon-ball-z-revival-of-f.jpg

I guess his skin looks a bit more yellowish, but it's nowhere close to GT's tan.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
I really hope there is a storyline where they have to go to Future Trunks world and help him fight some enemy. 30 year old Trunks.
30 old Trunks should have a beard and look grizzled and badass. Just to change things up

Future Trunks is the most likely fan thing to happen, since it's all about alternate dimensions and timelines and Future Trunks was the original version of that. Even if Toriyama forgets I'm sure someone on staff will bring it up out of sheer fan demand.

ChouGoku

Kpjplsj.jpg

First shot of Goku from the Super manga. Source.

EDIT: it's actually an older piece of art from Toyotaro, the author of the upcoming Dragon Ball Super manga.

New Toriyama style is the best, I love how he draws his characters now. I know this isnt Toriyama but still his newer style of non super buff ass characters

Shauni

Future Trunks is the most likely fan thing to happen, since it's all about alternate dimensions and timelines and Future Trunks was the original version of that. Even if Toriyama forgets I'm sure someone on staff will bring it up out of sheer fan demand.

Wait, do we actually know that's what Super is going to be about now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom