• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Dragon Ball TV Series Announced: Dragon Ball Super

Status
Not open for further replies.
The series will, “…follow the aftermath of Goku’s fierce battle with Majin Buu, as he attempts to maintain earth’s fragile peace.”

So this choice quote leads me to believe that it'll deal with the after effects of Majin Buu rather than where we are currently in regards to the movies?

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
I don't get how it'd be fragile, everyone forgot about what happened with Majin Buu and the Earth was shown to be pretty tranquil...

The series will, “…follow the aftermath of Goku’s fierce battle with Majin Buu, as he attempts to maintain earth’s fragile peace.”

So this choice quote leads me to believe that it'll deal with the after effects of Majin Buu rather than where we are currently in regards to the movies?

I hope not lol.

I just think its meant to say that there is peace now but there will always be a powerful foe on the horizon that threatens peace.

What will this series be about?

If they don't explore multiverse, alternate timelines or the other universes that Beerus mentioned... I'm going to be pissed.

NeonZ

That weird wording has only been used in the American press release, the Japanese one is much more vague, only saying that it's after Buu without all that embellishment. I don't see how it could happen right after the Buu Saga and have a villain stronger than "Buu and Freeza", which was mentioned in the Japanese news.

NeonZ

I don't feel like it's a perfect fit, because future Trunks is in there.

It's actually mentioned in the movie that he returned from the future to tell them about how he beat the Androids. Bojack's movie also addresses something that the manga completely ignores (Vegeta saying that he won't fight anymore at the end of the Cell Saga).

Blader

Dead Zone wasn't canon?

I guess I just assumed since it fits right in without a problem.

It's anime canon, since it does set up the Garlic Jr. saga later. But rule of thumb is that if it wasn't in the manga or the two new movies, it's not in Toriyama's canon.

EMT0

Banned
It is not canon. Broly being a popular character doesn't mean his movie is canon.

Right, but I'd be surprised if they don't bring him into canon-hood. If that makes sense. He's popular enough that I can see them making the effort to do so.

ChouGoku

Most DB movies have glaring plot holes, another reason they arent canon. Except for the ones post 2008 jump anime special. I think the only movie without any plot holes was movie 9 the bojack one

No to broly please. We can come up with better villains than a screaming jackass that some middle schooler came up with on the back of his notebook.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
There's nothing wrong with Tapion giving him a sword. It's just stupid how they try to imply that it's Future Trunks' sword with the credits. Which obviously makes no sense.

Astral Dog

Right, but I'd be surprised if they don't bring him into canon-hood. If that makes sense. He's popular enough that I can see them making the effort to do so.

Broly already got 3 movies, besides appearances on videogames, and maybe, maybe a small mention he should not matter anymore

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom