• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Dragon Ball TV Series Announced: Dragon Ball Super

Status
Not open for further replies.
That would be genius. Who knows what kind of powers she might have inherited from Android 18? Just please don't use her Resurrection F design.

After 5+ years I would assume she would stop being a potato. I think her RF design was a misguided attempt to make her End of Z design make a little more sense since she was pretty tiny there.

Nightbird

The characters ended up younger looking than before in RoF though. I'm pretty sure that if the new show is post EoZ we'll get a small timeskip and everyone (well, specially the humans) will be redesigned again to be younger looking, rather than using the end of Z designs. Kuririn would cut his mustache and go bald once again, and suddenly his wrinkles would vanish alongside those.

Yeah, this sounds good, i hope they roll with that

ChouGoku

It's not 2 days at a time. It's two days overall, two people at a time. The anime didn't change the rules.

You could also throw there the super holy water, considering how by DBZ dying really isn't a big problem, it'd be worth a shot for anyone.

CH:390 page 18, last panel, piccolo says the RoSaT says that it can only be used 2 days at a time. The next page Popo says that the door will disappear if you are longer than 2 days. I mean the entire conversation suggests they can use it more than 2 total days, unless I am looking at a bad translation.

NeonZ

CH:390 page 18, last panel, piccolo says the RoSaT says that it can only be used 2 days at a time. The next page Popo says that the door will disappear if you are longer than 2 days. I mean the entire conversation suggests they can use it more than 2 total days, unless I am looking at a bad translation.

Hm... I've just seen the English translation that you're talking about now. The Brazilian Portuguese translation I had seen before didn't mention the "at a time", bit, and neither does the chapter summary of the kanzenshuu site. So, it could be a mistranslation.

http://www.kanzenshuu.com/manga/chp-390/

The raw text would be useful right now...

Sami+

What's the cheapest way to read the manga nowadays, anyway? I have fond memories of going to the mall with my parents and just hanging out in Barnes & Nobles for a few hours as a kid with an ICEE in one hand and a volume of Dragon Ball I didn't have the money to buy LOL. Read through almost all of the series doing that.

I'd really rather not spend a million dollars getting every individual volume.

ChouGoku

Hm... I've just seen the English translation that you're talking about now. The Brazilian Portuguese translation I had seen before didn't mention the "at a time", bit, and neither does the chapter summary of the kanzenshuu site. So, it could be a mistranslation.

http://www.kanzenshuu.com/manga/chp-390/

The raw text would be useful right now...
Dont know enough japanese to know if it says "at a time" or not
Pic_1.png

Capture.png

What's the cheapest way to read the manga nowadays, anyway? I have fond memories of going to the mall with my parents and just hanging out in Barnes & Nobles for a few hours as a kid with an ICEE in one hand and a volume of Dragon Ball I didn't have the money to buy LOL. Read through almost all of the series doing that.

I'd really rather not spend a million dollars getting every individual volume.

They've started printing a cheap 3 volumes in 1 edition recently, which are only about $10-15, but is only up to Namek right now. For one or two dollars more, though, you can upgrade to the VizBig editions which has the same amount of content printed in a larger format on better quality paper, and has managed to complete the entire series.

We don't really know what happens if someone stays longer. If it's just a matter of the door getting shut, Super Buu and Gotenks have shown that you can just scream your way out.

Dont know enough japanese to know if it says "at a time" or not
Vegeta: What? What happens after 48 hours?
Popo: The exit disappears. You'll never be able to get out.

We don't really know what happens if someone stays longer. If it's just a matter of the door getting shut, Super Buu and Gotenks have shown that you can just scream your way out.
But if the exit disappears, no one else would be able to get in again for another session. It doesn't seem to be very well thought lol

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
You can buy the regular sized volumes digitally. I don't remember them being that much cheaper than the printed versions though, maybe a dollar less.

Viz must have some kind of digital thing cause they put out the Full Colour Dragon Ball releases online first.

They put out some of the Full Color chapters in the digital Shonen Jump, but I think they stopped doing that over a year ago, only doing the Saiyan arc. Besides, I think a SJ subscription only gets you the upcoming issues and you have to buy the back issues separately.

You can buy the regular sized volumes digitally. I don't remember them being that much cheaper than the printed versions though, maybe a dollar less.

Yep, $7 a Volume, which is more expensive than either of the 3-in-1 Vols. ($10-15 for 3 Vols)

TCKaos

It's also important to note that the VizBig is the original Tankobon run of DragonBall while those other 3 in 1 volumes actually appear to be the Kanzenban release. I don't know how Viz has chosen to localize them, but the Kanzenban has some edits and corrections (the sign reading "Well Come" above Enma's place now reads "Wel Come" and stuff like that). It also has an alternate ending that doesn't actually change the plot at all but makes me smile when I read it.

ChouGoku

Viz's translation:
z4ssq.jpg

Kanzenshuu's summary is correct. The dialogue specifically mentions that it's 2 days/48 hours of their lifetime (生涯).

Vegeta: What? What happens after 48 hours?
Popo: The exit disappears. You'll never be able to get out.

But if the exit disappears, no one else would be able to get in again for another session. It doesn't seem to be very well thought lol

Thanks, I guess I was wrong.

Daingurse

Ocean dubs get a pass since I heard them first. Way better than Funi. Drummond was too good. That laugh of his was perfectly smug for a character like Vegeta.

I'll always prefer Drummond's Vegeta till the character's turn. DBZ is the one anime where I strongly prefer it dubbed the way I heard it for nostalgia reasons. Ocean till Goku vs Ginyu, then Falcouner Funimation from that point on.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
This goddamn bump made me excited :/

I really can't wait for the first official screenshot or teaser.

A manga like the Fukkatsu no F one where it leads into Super, or an actual manga of Super?

Wow, I though it was just a TV series because Toriyama was too lazy to draw?
Or will it just be an adaptation?

A monthly adaptation.
Where's the trailer? I need to know if Vegeta has a mustache in this

There is no trailer, we still don't even have a logo or any art.
We have to be getting something soon. It's just over 5 weeks out right?

7 weeks.

I just went and rewatched all of GT these past two weeks. I actually liked it quite a bit.

-Goku as a kid is a lot of fun
-SSJ4 is so great. Gokus demeanor when he's transformed is so legit
-Baby was a pretty good villain.
-Pan and Giru are great characters.
-Trunks, Goten, and Gohan are likely going to be more relevant in GT than this new series.
-Majuub is pretty cool but could have been more useful.
-The Shadow Dragons were mostly pretty cool.

Aside from power levels getting totally out of whack, I liked it quite a bit. It made references to Dragonball at times, too.

Super 17 was kinda lame, though.

Astral Dog

Been watching some parts of the original Dragon Ball after all these years, i mostly rewatched Z and GT but DB is pretty good :) its interesting how it evolves slowly into Z, goodt character moments that are more sparse on later series, and im surprised at how violent it can get.

Sandfox

I just went and rewatched all of GT these past two weeks. I actually liked it quite a bit.

-Goku as a kid is a lot of fun
-SSJ4 is so great. Gokus demeanor when he's transformed is so legit
-Baby was a pretty good villain.
-Pan and Giru are great characters.
-Trunks, Goten, and Gohan are likely going to be more relevant in GT than this new series.
-Majuub is pretty cool but could have been more useful.
-The Shadow Dragons were mostly pretty cool.

Aside from power levels getting totally out of whack, I liked it quite a bit. It made references to Dragonball at times, too.

Super 17 was kinda lame, though.

They would have to straight up not appear for that to be true.

DarkKyo

Maybe it's a quantum observation type thing where the instance of the door only disappears for the current occupant who has run out of time lol..

New fighters coming in would be in a different "instance" or maybe even a different location inside, since it seems to go on for infinity.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member

What are we supposed to take from this? Only thing I can think of is that it might take a while for the dubs to come out. I'm not even sure if it's unusual for licensing companies like them to be out of the loop at this point in time.

Even if Viz, Manga Entertainment, or Aniplex somehow get the licence instead, I'm sure they'd do right by it, and I doubt there's any chance for anyone else to pick it up.

Now, if 4kids was still alive, then I might be pretty worried.

What are we supposed to take from this? Only thing I can think of is that it might take a while for the dubs to come out. I'm not even sure if it's unusual for licensing companies like them to be out of the loop at this point in time.

Even if Viz, Manga Entertainment, or Aniplex somehow get the licence instead, I'm sure they'd do right by it, and I doubt there's any chance for anyone else to pick it up.

Now, if 4kids was still alive, then I might be pretty worried.

People want a simulcast with subs at the very least, Funi does it with a lot of series, including One Piece and the short lived Toriko that was supposed the be the "new Dragon Ball".

Sandfox

People want a simulcast with the subs at the very least, Funi does it with a lot of series, including One Piece and the short lived Toriko that was supposed the be the "new Dragon Ball".

I don't really think a simulcast would work with DBZ. I think its more likely that Funi just goes for Toonami + blu-ray.

I don't really think a simulcast would work with DBZ. I think its more likely that Funi just goes for Toonami + blu-ray.

...Why? They do sub simulcasts for a fuck load of shows... Nothing about Dragon Ball would make it harder to do subs for each week's episode than any other series that Funi does it for.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
It's because the people who grew up with it are now in positions of power and can make such things happen.
Our generation is good for something after all

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom