• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guardians Of The Galaxy 2 First Draft Script Is Complete

Status
Not open for further replies.

flkraven

http://comicbook.com/2015/06/02/guardians-of-the-galaxy-2-first-draft-complete

On his Facebook page,Gunn posted "Phew. After 48 days straight without a day off, the the first draft of ‪#‎GotG2‬ is done. I'm sorry to all my friends and family who I have ignored."

The subtitle isn't even mentioned, if there is one added later, adding more to the mystery of everyone's favorite band of space misfits.

Guardians of the Galaxy 2 is scheduled to be released on May 5, 2017.

Likewise, Chris Pratt has read it (or at least knows the summary) and had some pretty strong things to say:

http://www.latino-review.com/news/chris-pratt-got-all-sappy-reading-guardians-of-the-galaxy-2-script

“What I will say is that [Gunn's] pitch and his ideas legitimately put tears in my eyes. It is so good, it's so good. I can not wait to get started on it and I can not wait for people to see what he's going to pull off with this second movie. It's so big and so good. From what I understand, Marvel [heard Gunn's pitch] and they said nothing. [It] was that perfect. There was no micromanaging of the idea. They just love it so much they didn't have any notes for it. It’s going to be remarkable.”

I am so damn excited for this movie. Based on what Pratt is saying, it sounds like Marvel is giving Gunn a ton of room to do what he does. No micromanaging is great news for fans of the first film.

DemiMatt

large.jpg

thanos doesn't die in this
hopefully they put less groot, shit became old real fast
i know they won't, we probably will get more groot even

Shaanyboi

Banned
Really damn excited. After GotG's success, I'd hope Marvel lets Gunn really take control of the cosmic stuff. Who are the rumored new team members?

thanos doesn't die in this
hopefully they put less groot, shit became old real fast
i know they won't, we probably will get more groot even

What?! Hopefully less thanos and other meaningless marvel stuff. More of everything else (hopefully a more interesting villain and action finale tho)

It felt like rocket was james gunn's voice during that boring scene with the collector talking about infinity gems, lol the raccoon looked annoyed

Zach

Hey! We watched Guardians of the Galaxy last night! Surprisingly, I enjoyed it. It wasn't terribly boring like every other Marvel movie I've been exposed to. I don't know if I care to see another, though...

What?! Hopefully less thanos and other meaningless marvel stuff. More of everything else (hopefully a more interesting villain and action finale tho)

It felt like rocket was james gunn's voice during that boring scene with the collector talking about infinity gems, lol the raccoon looked annoyed

Gunn said kinda early on that GOTG2 wouldn't feature Thanos.

Bring on Adam Warlock, Bug, Mantis (Celestial Madonna), Quasar, and Vance Astro

Hell get rid of the crew from the first movie and just replace them with these guys.

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
Nice! Loved the first one and there is so much great stuff to draw from the comics and cosmic Marvel in general.

ElTopo

Banned
Serious question: are there any more characters who join the Guardians? Like Nova? What other big threats do the Guardians face in the comics (assuming Ronan was in the comics)?

flkraven

Now onto the soundtrack!

Chris Pratt actually mentions that in the LR link:

"We’ve talked a little. I know some of the songs that are going to be on Awesome Mix Vol 2. All I can tell you because - obviously, I'm not allowed to say anything, nor would I want to because it would be like telling a kid what's under the tree before Christmas morning.”

Salmonax

So the Chris Pratt character just has a bunch of old mix tapes lying around? I thought that one tape was supposed to be really special. Or maybe they addressed that already - I've forgotten most of the first one by now.

Serious question: are there any more characters who join the Guardians? Like Nova? What other big threats do the Guardians face in the comics (assuming Ronan was in the comics)?

Quite a few others, but the big ones are Phyla-Vell, Adam Warlock, Bug, Major Victory and Mantis.

Guardians_DnA.jpg

Adam is the dude with blue plasma coming out of his hands. Normally, he probably is way out of the GotG's league... he's tend to put together his own team instead and traditionally it looks something more like this:

But he occasionally has to be reborn in a big space cocoon (seen briefly in the first GotG by the way), and at the time GotG happened in the books, he'd gotten awakened prematurely and wasn't up to his usual levels.

Phyla is the lady in red, Mantis is the green bug lady with the hula skirt. Major Victory is a super hero from a thousand years in the future, and that's really Captain America's shield he's holding. To him it's an ancient artifact.

Oh, Cosmo is the space dog. He's on the team too.

And not pictured is Moondragon. She was an Avenger for a while, and her girlfriend is Phyla Vell. She has crazy telepathic powers. Also guess what? She's also the daughter of... [BIG SPOILER IF YOU'RE ONLY FAMILIAR WITH THE MOVIES BUT NOT THE COMICS]
Drax. Remember how he's driven by the loss of his family? There you go. His daughter actually survived.

Anyway, who know who or how many might actually wind up in the movie, or how different they'll be.

Mesoian

LOTS.

Mantis, MoonDragon, Adam Warrock, Philia Vie (one of my personal favorites), technically Cosmo (who has a quick cameo in the first movie).

There's a lot of different directions they could go in, the most logical one focusing on the fatherhood (Drak and MoonDragon/Quill and whoever since they're not following the comics for quill's backstory at all)

Shaanyboi

Banned

Well Star Lord's actual dad J'Son was a villain, but it sounds like they're not going that route.

Son Of D

So the Chris Pratt character just has a bunch of old mix tapes lying around? I thought that one tape was supposed to be really special. Or maybe they addressed that already - I've forgotten most of the first one by now.

At the end of the first film he opens a gift that his mum gave him before she passed away and it's another mix tape. Presumably that's where the second film's soundtrack comes from.

He gets Awesome Mix Vol. 2 from his mother. It's the present she gave him when he was a kid, but he never opened it.

mjc

At the end of the first film he opens a gift that his mum gave him before she passed away and it's another mix tape. Presumably that's where the second film's soundtrack comes from.

Yup, and we only heard Ain't No Mountain off that tape. The rest of it should be sufficient for the second movie's soundtrack.

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?

It was addressed at the end of the movie when
Star Lord finally opened the gift from his mom that she gave him before she died, it was a second mix tape.

Symphonia

Banned
If the sequels soundtrack is anything like the first's, then this can only be a good thing. The soundtrack to GotG is one of the best soundtracks ever.

zychi

Banned
To the comic book readers, is there a new release of comics for GOTG since the last movie came out? I'm going to have some free time soon and would like to read some comics in this backstory. Even a re-release of the old stuff?

Any suggestions on how to go about this/what to buy?

To the comic book readers, is there a new release of comics for GOTG since the last movie came out? I'm going to have some free time soon and would like to read some comics in this backstory. Even a re-release of the old stuff?

Any suggestions on how to go about this/what to buy?

Marvel Unlimited is $10 a month. All of the following is on it. Enjoy the ride!

Kickz

Recently rewatched the first and it didn't hold up to how great it was the first time I saw it..

Is there anyway they can get rid of Gamora and the wrestler?

Wouldn't mind the other trio and their adventures across the galaxy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom