• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4's Newest MMO, Wander, Is Hilariously Broken

Illucio

Banned
Aahh.. I had some hopes for this game, and it's terrible..
The developers probably knew the game was broken and was hoping to patch in a fix later.

edit: I sort of want to buy this game now because it's so ridiculously glitchy.

zashga

1284167896964115558.gif

I'm sold.

She threw herself at the water and missed, Hitchhiker's Guide style.

Aahh.. I had some hopes for this game, and it's terrible..
The developers probably knew the game was broken and was hoping to patch in a fix later.

edit: I sort of want to buy this game now because it's so ridiculously glitchy.

Me too, but not for $25...

If it were $10, maybe. It would be worth some good laughs then.

KentBlake

I'm really sad about this. I was really looking forward to this game. The idea of a peaceful and beautiful game really pleases me, but it seems it was a wasted opportunity after all.

Looks like you could get a better experience from playing PS Home with a dial-up internet connection while no one else is online. Sad because it looks like it could have been something nice to play.

I can't help but feel a little sorry for the devs. Hopefully they can make significant improvements because I don't think the core concept of the game is bad.

HowZatOZ

Banned
I can't help but feel a little sorry for the devs. Hopefully they can make significant improvements because I don't think the core concept of the game is bad.

The problem is the damage has already been done thanks to how quickly we can circulate gameplay videos and such.

09dKnfU.gif

Edit: Yuck, switched to Imgur... Abload, what the hell man, we used to be friends.

I think this kinda belongs in that thread with the Geist nudity. Only missing a rat.

Also, flying backwards looks pretty fun with the way this game portrays backwards flying.

Fitts

I'm completely unfamiliar with this game, but if the narrative has the right tone this could totally be the Deadly Premonition MMO the world deserves.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
is there a reason why we cant have ridiculously broken games like this? the gifs are amazing

Zomba13

Watching that Jim Sterling video I just don't understand the "game". I mean, even as far as "walking simulators" go, there is story and atmosphere and something, but with this it's just... You're a tree, go to the singing, turn into girl, ??? and then what? Explore? Ok, but everything in that 30 minutes was nothing. Empty. The occasional language stone thing but then nothing else.

And the language stones. Do they expect players to learn and remember a language? Especially when it's not just symbols but precisely how to draw them? And then what it means? With no ingame log book? I mean you could use a note book and do it yourself, and it is fun doing that kinda of thing but only when there is a point. Working out the weird puzzles in Fez that had you taking notes gave you rewards.

And... is there even a story in this? And it's a "full" release? Not early access? Not an alpha? And on top of that it's really buggy? Why did anyone take notice of it? Jim said it showed up on the Playstation blog thing? Why?

Vbrasa

It's almost as if they had a great idea for an MMO, ran low on funding, and decided to release it early.

The funding that was intended for combat, NPCs, stores, soundtrack, etc.

This seems like such a big game with them just... ending with this.

Did the company just go bankrupt after getting to this point and the last guy in the company went "Welp... might as well try and sell it instead of scrapping it"

I loved searching for weird bug like those in Halo back in the day :p
But I guess it might not be fun if the game is really broken.

I played this at PSX. The music and graphics were beautiful, but it was clear they still had a long ways to go. Was hoping they got it all sorted out because it was pretty glitchy and choppy in December.

Zomba13

Like, I understand if the game was like, go explore and see weird and wonderful things and you had better movement options but there doesn't seem many weird and wonderful things to see and the stuff that Jim did see that was or interested turned out to be fuckingnothing.gif. A underwater geyser that did nothing, a griffin on a rock you couldn't get to, a wooden building/town thing that was empty, a big weird tower that (from what jim showed) you couldn't get into.

Lucario

Those gifs are selling me on the game. I really want to go in on this with a few friends to explore for a day, too bad it's $25.

halfbeast

Banned
there's an live Q&A going on on their twitch channel. it's quite... something. :)

http://www.twitch.tv/wander

And the language stones. Do they expect players to learn and remember a language? Especially when it's not just symbols but precisely how to draw them? And then what it means? With no ingame log book? I mean you could use a note book and do it yourself, and it is fun doing that kinda of thing but only when there is a point. Working out the weird puzzles in Fez that had you taking notes gave you rewards.

tuned into the stream when she explained the glyphs. and yes, they expect you to learn the language and it's apparently as difficult and time consuming as learning a real language. - having fun yet? :D

Top Bottom