• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Elder Scrolls Online Tamriel Unlimited - |OT| - Console edition

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
I should be online at that time so just shoot me an invite whenever you're ready to go.

PSN: raizel76

Nice will do.

So just checked PvP leaderboards, the scoring reset today as the 5 day campaign was done with, and people are already at 100k points? wtf!? seems like stealing Elder Scrolls net you a shitton of points because otherwise I don't get it, seems emperor is gonna be impossible to get :(

edit: looks like I won't be able to play for now, not until my sis stops watching netflix. it lags too much.

Olli128

Got the game a week ago and just hit level 10, enjoying it alot more than I expected however it's pretty much been a solo experience for me so far. Are the delves meant to be soloed? I've done a couple but they've been fairly difficult.

If anyone on the EU in Ebonheart Pact wants to play together my psn is Silentscream128 and character name is Silentscream :)

Got the game a week ago and just hit level 10, enjoying it alot more than I expected however it's pretty much been a solo experience for me so far. Are the delves meant to be soloed? I've done a couple but they've been fairly difficult.

If anyone on the EU in Ebonheart Pact wants to play together my psn is Silentscream128 and character name is Silentscream :)

I was wondering the same thing myself. I've done everything alone and I'm just shy of level 15.

Im back home now, and jumping back into some elder scrolls.

I see the guilds money is low, so i guess yall must have won a guild trader while i was out.

Yall made some good money???

MaKTaiL

I was wondering the same thing myself. I've done everything alone and I'm just shy of level 15.

I've been playing mostly alone too since the game came out on consoles. The only thing I do in groups are the public dungeons, group dungeons and trials. I love the Elder Scrolls lore so I like to enjoy the PVE content by myself as much as possible so I don't get distracted. I'm really enjoying the story.

Are the delves meant to be soloed? I've done a couple but they've been fairly difficult.

Yes, they're intended to be soloable. Delves are essentially public solo dungeons.

Depending on your build and your level, though, they can be tough. Definitely helps to have an effective AOE skill.

Im back home now, and jumping back into some elder scrolls.

I see the guilds money is low, so i guess yall must have won a guild trader while i was out.

Yall made some good money???
We weren't able to get one. I ended up inviting anyone who wanted to a guild with a trader so we could make some money till we get one. No idea why the guild money is low.

I've been playing mostly alone too since the game came out on consoles. The only thing I do in groups are the public dungeons, group dungeons and trials. I love the Elder Scrolls lore so I like to enjoy the PVE content by myself as much as possible so I don't get distracted. I'm really enjoying the story.

Do you use the Grouping option? Never seems to work for me...

Finally got my armor and weapons crafting up on this character.

11794130_149914098675688_8213366755795854803_o.jpg

MaKTaiL

Do you use the Grouping option? Never seems to work for me...

Yes I do. Once you get to veteran level it becomes easier to find people because on Level 45 you unlock the daily pledges. So everyone will be looking for the same dungeon as you. On lower levels it takes a long time though because people are focused on leveling up as fast as possible and doing dungeons are mostly not a part of this process.

I can do some dungeon crawling today if you want. I'll invite raizel too, there's one spot left if anyone is interested.
Yeah I can do some. Will be probably be on around 2pm pacific time. Was trying to do some yesterday with another GAF member so he might want to join. His PSN is AWittyGamer. Not sure what his name on here is.
Level/class/name?
Group leader was level 41 so would have been around his level. He's a templar and I'm a nightblade.

May I ask why you only have the top stat at 2/9, i'm not that clued up on the ins and outs of crafting quite yet but doesn't that one allow you to use higher grade metals?

Because I wasn't crafting anything at the time. I was focusing on training my skills. So those skill points went into combat skills instead for the time being.

Error

Ah cool, thanks for the answer, I take it you get plenty of skill points by the end to level it up?
You get skillpoints by collecting skyshards, gaining levels, doing quests. Once you finish Daggerfall zones, the other Alliances zones open up so you can get the skyshards there and do the quests that give SP too. So yeah plenty of SP to mess around with.

You get skillpoints by collecting skyshards, gaining levels, doing quests. Once you finish Daggerfall zones, the other Alliances zones open up so you can get the skyshards there and do the quests that give SP too. So yeah plenty of SP to mess around with.

Thanks for that, i've been getting as many skyshards as I can and had some from quests too but as i'm lv41 at the moment I was thinking there weren't that many left to get, I didn't realise the other Alliance zones opened up, there is still so much I need to get my head around in this game!

Ah cool, thanks for the answer, I take it you get plenty of skill points by the end to level it up?

Yep, that's basically the plan.

In the months leading up to the release of ESO on playstation, Ive watched a lot of videos and read a bunch of info about the game. So I had a game plan before I even started the game.

I played my first character with the intentions of him being a master crafter. But I needed skill points and materials. So I played through the game the normal, adventuring way. Till I beat the story, hit level 50, and had enough skill points to put points into all the crafting perks.

I have a total of 124 perks by the end, after putting all my points into the crafting perks, had 26 points left. I put the remaining into bow skills so I can defend myself when Im traveling to the set piece crafting stations and when gathering supplies.

Yesterday, I crafted a 5/5 seducers set and 3/5 magnus gift set for my lvl16 templar. And I raised each piece up to blue quality. Each piece took 2 green tempers and 3 blue tempers.

Seducer 5/5
armor_of_the_seducer.jpg

Magnus Gift 3/5
magnus_gift.jpg

It's a boss ass combo for any spell caster. Got magicka for days.

Yep, that's basically the plan.

In the months leading up to the release of ESO on playstation, Ive watched a lot of videos and read a bunch of info about the game. So I had a game plan before I even started the game.

I played my first character with the intentions of him being a master crafter. But I needed skill points and materials. So I played through the game the normal, adventuring way. Till I beat the story, hit level 50, and had enough skill points to put points into all the crafting perks.

I have a total of 124 perks by the end, after putting all my points into the crafting perks, had 26 points left. I put the remaining into bow skills so I can defend myself when Im traveling to the set piece crafting stations and when gathering supplies.

Yesterday, I crafted a 5/5 seducers set and 3/5 magnus gift set for my lvl16 templar. And I raised each piece up to blue quality. Each piece took 2 green tempers and 3 blue tempers.

Seducer

It's a boss ass combo for any spell caster. Got magicka for days.

Wow that's an awesome set and an impressive amount of pre-planning,I'm not sure I've got the time for that but that's the beauty of this game,you can play it however it suits you.

Error

I'm on, guys. Send me a message when you wanna group up for the dungeons. We have a spot left if anyone is interested. We'll do Tempest Island, Spindleclutch for the Undaunted Pledge and whichever dungeon the group wants to do besides those.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rsVzqWVpemg

quick vid showing animation cancelling with Rapid Strikes, and how it compares to the normal animation for that skill. First and third usage of skill is with the normal animation, second usage i cancelled that last hit of the skill and follow it up with another rapid strikes.

quick vid showing animation cancelling with Rapid Strikes, and how it compares to the normal animation for that skill. First and third usage of skill is with the normal animation, second usage i cancelled that last hit of the skill and follow it up with another rapid strikes.

Fwiw, I think better DPS for Rapid Strikes is achieved by weaving heavy attacks not another RS. (From watching PC twitch streamers, not personal experience).

Unfortunately, it's impossible to test the DPS on console. Lately, I've switched over to a magicka-based DK. Just hit VR, and this is the first character I've really started to feel like I'm beginning to maintain the weave during combat (using Molten Whip and heavy attack with Molten Armaments on).

Error

Fwiw, I think better DPS for Rapid Strikes is achieved by weaving heavy attacks not another RS. (From watching PC twitch streamers, not personal experience).

Unfortunately, it's impossible to test the DPS on console. Lately, I've switched over to a magicka-based DK. Just hit VR, and this is the first character I've really started to feel like I'm beginning to maintain the weave during combat (using Molten Whip and heavy attack with Molten Armaments on).

I wish there was an option for floaty text during combat, I want to know how much exact damage I'm doing. The Tamriel Foundry add-on on the PC version is perfect, wish it was available for consoles.

So I made a silly mistake earlier. Bought a low level armor and got an equivalent armor from a quest 30 minutes later.
When should I start buying and/or crafting stuff? Are equipment from quests good enough until higher levels?

So I made a silly mistake earlier. Bought a low level armor and got an equivalent armor from a quest 30 minutes later.
When should I start buying and/or crafting stuff? Are equipment from quests good enough until higher levels?

I'm no expert but i've only ever bought one piece of armour and that was by accident, al mine has come from quests or random finds and i've upgraded as i've got stuff like that, i'm still not at a point where I can craft myself any decent armour yet either. So I would say use what you find in the world for now.

I wish there was an option for floaty text during combat, I want to know how much exact damage I'm doing. The Tamriel Foundry add-on on the PC version is perfect, wish it was available for consoles.

I really, really, really want buff/debuff timers. I can do my healing job without them but I feel like I could do a much more efficient job with them.

Edwardo

I'm level 39 and I have yet to buy or craft any items or armor. Everything I use has been from quests and random drops. I can take on any groups of enemies around my level, so I haven't found a need for it yet.

Ventured into the Spindleclutch for the first time with my lvl 12 Templar after receiving a random invite. It... didn't exactly go well. The group was two 9's and a 10. I've been soloing so I wasn't exactly specced as a healer, nor do I have much experience as one, but after a little fumbling I started to get the hang of it. After the first wipe we had one quit. After a couple more the 3rd player refused to revive. The two of us who kept trying made it to the 4th room, but I'd inevitably run out of mana and we would be overwhelmed.

All and all pretty enjoyable, even if all of my gear is now trashed. Bought a restoration staff with the skill line perk to get my Resto skill up. I suppose I'll have to do a little research if I want to get better at being a healer.

Error

I really, really, really want buff/debuff timers. I can do my healing job without them but I feel like I could do a much more efficient job with them.

Yeah this minimalist shit is ok, but I would like the option to have more information in the UI during combat.

Ventured into the Spindleclutch for the first time with my lvl 12 Templar after receiving a random invite. It... didn't exactly go well. The group was two 9's and a 10. I've been soloing so I wasn't exactly specced as a healer, nor do I have much experience as one, but after a little fumbling I started to get the hang of it. After the first wipe we had one quit. After a couple more the 3rd player refused to revive. The two of us who kept trying made it to the 4th room, but I'd inevitably run out of mana and we would be overwhelmed.

All and all pretty enjoyable, even if all of my gear is now trashed. Bought a restoration staff with the skill line perk to get my Resto skill up. I suppose I'll have to do a little research if I want to get better at being a healer.
a dedicated healer makes a huge difference for dungeon crawling, yesterday we had a group going two dps and one healer we streamrolled 2 dungeons with ease.

also I think for dps, you definitely need at least one of the bar with some AoE skills for dungeon crawling while having another more focused on single targets, makes things easier. I didn't try dungeon crawling till I got access to the second bar at level 15, level 12 is kind of early for group dungeons.

So guys, I sent out a message in-game telling people not to deposit gold in the guild bank because of some issues.

As I've asked earlier, why our guild bank was looking mighty low, and the fact that we didnt have a guild trader, made me suspicious of what happened.

So i did some investigating, and I figured out what happened.

Someone(aint gonna say any names as of now, aint trying to put anyone on the spot, nor embarrass anyone) withdrew 104,000 gold from the guild bank without telling anyone what they were planning on doing with the gold, nor let anyone know in the guild that they were even taking the gold.

Said person, says they had good intentions by trying to "BUY" the guild trader from another guild but got swindled and lost the gold. Whether the person had good intentions or not, lying or telling the truth, no one else knew about what happened until said person was asked about it.

Said person also mentioned they plan on paying the gold back.

Said person lost some privileges in the guild so they arent able to touch the guild's gold any more, so the rest of it is now safe, at least.

As of now, I want to ask what do you guys, the guild members, want us to do about this person in question???

Venom Fox

Banned
So guys, I sent out a message in-game telling people not to deposit gold in the guild bank because of some issues.

As I've asked earlier, why our guild bank was looking mighty low, and the fact that we didnt have a guild trader, made me suspicious of what happened.

Someone(aint gonna say any names as of now, aint trying to put anyone on the spot, nor embarrass anyone) withdrew 104,000 gold from the guild bank without telling anyone what they were planning on doing with the gold, nor let anyone know in the guild that they were even taking the gold.

Said person, says they had good intentions by trying to "BUY" the guild trader from another guild but got swindled and lost the gold. Whether the person had good intentions or not, lying or telling the truth, no one else knew about what happened until said person was asked about it.

Said person lost some privileges in the guild so they arent able to touch the guild's gold any more, so the rest of it is now safe, at least.

As of now, I want to ask what do you guys, the guild members, want us to do about this person in question???
It seems a bit fishy to me, have you checked whether this person is a member of said guild who swindled the money?
The fact that the person didn't mention anything about it before or after would be enough for me to banish him. He just sat there and hoped nobody noticed, how is he gonna pay 104,000 back?
This seems too suspect to me tbh.

Edit: Someone invite me to the US PS guild, I've just created my US server character.

I didn't realize the e in ESO stood for EVE. I've only given a pittance, being new and all, but the explanation just sounds too bizarre to be believable. Can you even buy a trader from another guild? If this was an isk gold doubling scheme gone wrong, that I could wrap my mind around. This, though. This just seems suspect.

Error

I didn't realize the e in ESO stood for EVE. I've only given a pittance, being new and all, but the explanation just sounds too bizarre to be believable. Can you even buy a trader from another guild? If this was an isk gold doubling scheme gone wrong, that I could wrap my mind around. This, though. This just seems suspect.

I wouldn't be surprised if the dude got taken advantage of, the game has a lot of scammers but yeah seems suspect and nope only people within a guild that have a rank of officer or higher can put bids for guild traders and even if you don't win the guild trader auction the money you bid gets returned to you.

so I don't know why the dude thought it was a good idea to give the money to someone else when he was an officer and he could put bids on guild traders on his own, seems like bullshit excuse to me and he got found out because the game keeps track of who withdraws what and who deposits stuff.

Aren't there only a few people who can even withdrawal gold from the guild?

Regardless, that's some bullshit and whoever this person is should earn it and return it. Then get booted from the guild. I don't believe that bogus ass story.

Edit: Just checked...C'mon dude, didn't you know there's a history section where we can all see who deposits and withdrawals gold and items? You couldn't have at least asked first?

I did get really excited when I first noticed the gold was missing, and was somewhat confused why no one had mentioned where we could find our new trader. In hindsight, I was overly optimistic.

I'm no expert but i've only ever bought one piece of armour and that was by accident, al mine has come from quests or random finds and i've upgraded as i've got stuff like that, i'm still not at a point where I can craft myself any decent armour yet either. So I would say use what you find in the world for now.

I'm level 39 and I have yet to buy or craft any items or armor. Everything I use has been from quests and random drops. I can take on any groups of enemies around my level, so I haven't found a need for it yet.

Okay, got it. I won't buy any other gear from now on then lol.
I ended up crafted a pauldrons though, as I already got some iron ingot ready for creation, and it's free! Crafting seems pretty simple so far and I like it.

Okay, got it. I won't buy any other gear from now on then lol.
I ended up crafted a pauldrons though, as I already got some iron ingot ready for creation, and it's free! Crafting seems pretty simple so far and I like it.

I finally stopped breaking down every single iron weapon and armor I came across and started just selling them. I suppose now that I'm well over 700 iron igots I should really get around to leveling blacksmithing.

blackjaw

I hope for 100k+ gold they got something good....story of "buying" a guild trader reeks of bullshit...I'm stupid on how the game works but have figured that out over the past month...

Permaban and named/ shamed...just like we did to scammers in WoW back in the day

ParityBit

I hope for 100k+ gold they got something good....story of "buying" a guild trader reeks of bullshit...I'm stupid on how the game works but have figured that out over the past month...

Permaban and named/ shamed...just like we did to scammers in WoW back in the day

Was this the EU or US guild? PS4 or Xbox? I have not been able to play much lately.

That is just shitty.

Winter John

Gold Member
I don't know if the vamp/werewolf bites market has plummeted or not, but yesterday some random player offered to craft me armor for 5,000 gold. I think he saw my lvl 9 character and thought he'd try his luck. It was a shame I didn't have the time to play along.

Top Bottom