• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The last WTC tower's design revealed

Status
Not open for further replies.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Full story from Wired

At 1,340 feet, Two World Trade Center will appear almost as tall as its neighbor, One World Trade, minus its spire. Looking up from the memorial plaza, the building will appear “very straightlaced,” Ingels says. “Still, as an echo of the diversity of the north and east facades, the stepping in and out actually creates the illusion of a tower that leans in toward One World Trade.”

After a secretive design process code-named Project Gotham, the architect was finally ready to talk publicly about his building, which is slated to become the new headquarters of Rupert Murdoch’s media companies, 21st Century Fox and News Corp. A tentative lease deal was signed last week, and the first renderings were released today to WIRED. From the World Trade Center’s Memorial Plaza, the new building will appear slender and serious. But from other perspectives, like the one looking south from the fashionable neighborhood of Tribeca—where Ingels lives and where we were having breakfast—the stepped tower will present a more madcap personality: Ingels’ 21st-century reinterpretation of one of Manhattan’s Jazz Age ziggurats.

Pyc2IHT.jpg

EvmIOCi.jpg

83fBtYK.jpg

6oh5Iob.jpg

tUL8Njl.jpg

vWeRW6w.jpg

wxhrOZZ.jpg

G7v1X2f.jpg

KpUdIae.jpg

C5tRyPp.jpg

John Dunbar

correct about everything
this might be an insensitive question, but i'm honestly curious: if a building like this was hit by a plane, would it collapse like the twin towers or would it topple over?

Xe4

Banned
Looks pretty cool I think. I love the new age look of all the new WTC buildings. They look way better than the other skyscrapers in NYC. More creative and less blocky is always a good thing.

FyreWulff

this might be an insensitive question, but i'm honestly curious: if a building like this was hit by a plane, would it collapse like the twin towers or would it topple over?

It would collapse. Best way to think of it is as a central building with some offshoots on the center to give the appearance of stacked pieces

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Doge quotes? Really? That meme is starting to rot already.
lmao

Walt Whitman said:
Salut au Monde!

O TAKE my hand, Walt Whitman!
Such gliding wonders! Such sights and sounds!
Such joined unended links, each hooked to the next!
Each answering all—each sharing the earth with all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom