• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kotaku: Rare HD collection is coming to Xbox One

For months now we’ve been chasing down a rumor that Microsoft plans to release a collection of Rare games for Xbox One this summer to mark the storied company’s 30th anniversary. Today, a Kotaku reader sent over a retail image that seems to corroborate this rumor.
What we’ve heard is that the collection could feature up to 30 games including beloved Rare classics like Battletoads (NES), Jet Force Gemini (N64), and Banjo Kazooie (N64), according to a person who requested anonymity because they were not authorized to speak publicly about the upcoming game. It’s unlikely we’ll see old Rare games whose licenses are owned by other companies—don’t expect Donkey Kong Country or Goldeneye here—but other names mentioned by various sources include Kameo (360), Perfect Dark (N64/360), and Blast Corps (N64), which will come as pleasant news to anyone looking for a way to replay those old games on modern systems.

This isn’t the only project Rare is working on—the iconic studio is also developing an original new game that’s currently “very, very early,” according to a source. That’s presumably the “uniquely Rare game” that Xbox boss Phil Spencer teased on Twitter last fall.
http://kotaku.com/we-hear-theres-a-rare-collection-coming-to-xbox-one-1690794030

NotLiquid

Maybe Jet Force Gemini will reach out a little more.

Well, probably not considering that endgame quest but it's great up to that point and easily one of Rare's most overlooked gems.

Pizza

Hey this means banjo kazooie in smash right?

Actually this just filled a void that was keeping me from buying an Xbox one, damn that's tempting

jem0208

I think the only Rare game I've ever played was Kameo but I've heard great things... so this interests me a lot.

Jb

Honestly? I would be perfectly fine with that. A simple and cheap-ish way to have all these games in one place sounds like a really good idea.

Ridley327

An HD collection would be fairly anticlimactic, but if it's as deep as the article suggests, it certainly won't be hurting for variety.

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.
I am interested, but hopefully they also making something new.

2hr 15min to go :p

painey

imagine being so creatively bankrupt that this is your best idea. How the mighty have fallen.

There has GOT to be a proper new game coming this E3 from Rare.. it can't just be sequels and remakes...

VLiberty

If it's got all the Banjo games, Conker(l&r possibly), Kameo then I don't need to buy an og xbox or a 360 anhmore, and I'd be one big step closer to needing a One.

Top Bottom