• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kotaku: Rare HD collection is coming to Xbox One

shandy706

If this is true, I'm ecstatic.

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees!!

I was holding my Hype at bay.....but this....full hype engaged.

Kotaku is correct. Although I've got to wonder how these guys are in the good graces of any of the publishers at this point. So brazen with their leaks lol

Woffls

Please have Blast Corps. Please have Blast Corps. Please have Blast Corps.

This rumour actually sounds quite likely to me. It'd be a real shame not to see a new game from them released this year, but.... yeah this will do for now.

I really hope each game has its own set of achievements. Ideally each would exist on its own in the arcade, but I think that's unlikely. Either way, probably going to buy the digital version.

holy shit thats crazy, so much of the Rare team have left im not surprised this is probably as much as they can do.

i never got to play JFG and Blast corps, and ill get to play Perfect Dark and Banjo games again? fuck yessssss

eso76

Well, of course it all depends on the amount of HD-fication they did (not expecting much, since it's 30 titles) but this is disappointing if true.

Ok this is cool.

Now...WTF!!! Can we just keep anything left for E3 show. At this point I feel MS doesn't have much left to reveal :( or am I overlooking?

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Nice but the other game is super early? Does that mean another IP is being developed externally or is that it?

pronk420

vita pinata would be amazing, especially if they fixed the bugs so stuff didn't just gradually turn invisible one by one.

*Shows rare anniversary collection*

Spencer:We have one more thing to make this complete and to help make this announcement please welcome president of Nintendo Reggie Fils Aime

*heads explode*

Reggie: Rares legacy started with Nintendo and we want to help celebrate

*shows video of Joanna Dark, Conker, Banjo, battletoads coming to smash*

jschreier

With all these leaks, I will not be surprised if E3 will be dead in a few years when platform holders and publishers will hold their own conferences. I understand the need for clicks, but if this would have been announced in 4 hours time why ruin the "surprise".
Good question! FWIW, I first heard about this in March and had been trying to corroborate some things. I heard about it from multiple sources, but couldn't nail down some specific stuff, so I held off for a while. By yesterday I was resigned to let it go -- we'd find about this today anyway -- but this morning, when we got that GameStop image in our tips box, I felt like I had to share what I'd heard with readers. I wouldn't be doing my job if I didn't do that.

(Also, the whole "is this worth reporting when we'll find out about it in a few days/hours anyway?" question is something we debate EVERY time we get a leak like this, FWIW.)

The only thing that could potentially kill this news for me? This is the Battletoads game they've been teasing for months lol

Hopefully a new Battletoads game is really in development alongside this!

Percy

Banned
Solid idea so long as they got someone reliable to do the porting.

Would seem more likely for the games to come out individually in digital form though tbh, rather than all at once like that.

I would say this is a cool idea to have 30 games as part of a "remastered" collection. But, if they use 1080p resolution, 60fps and the original aspect ratio, SOLD.

Pooya

Gears of War remaster, this remaster, they saving remaster announcements for their actual presser? yaaawn. These are cool and all but something you just announce on a random day, I feel people won't take too kindly to this kind of announcements on live stage. Maybe save it for some post event stream or something.

amardilo

Seems interesting. The image in the article makes it look like they will be sold in multiple batches. But I'd guess if they were to do 30 games in 1 collection it would be like the SEGA collection a few years ago.

Is this something Rare themselves would be doing or something a studio like 4J would be doing (might not be 4J as they seem to be busy with a lot of Minecraft work).

Gusy

To be a true rare collection.. must includes Cobra Triangle.. ;)

I would name it... " The Stampers bros collection"

shandy706

poppin1.gif

//DEVIL//

i might buy if it include conker in FHD and 60 fps. lol

Isn't MS event in like 2 hours and half ?

how come we don't have an official thread about it already ? someone make one lol

TAS

Where is the 'HD' part mentioned because I'm not seeing it in the article. Such a collection would be incredible but like others have mentioned, it sound s a little too good to be true.

Lynd7

Hm, would be cool, I'd consider a One more. If all the games are actually given some extra polish etc. I assume a bunch of Ultimate titles would be included too.

Also, could this point to why Tim Stamper has been teasing the Dream beta? The game could include un-released materials.

Please, make this true!

30 games? That's quite a bit. Do they have the rights to that many?

Here is my dream list for the collection, in the order I copied them off Wikipedia.

1. Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts
2. Viva Piñata: Trouble in Paradise
3. Jetpac Refuelled
4. Viva Piñata
5. Perfect Dark Zero
6. Kameo: Elements of Power
7. Conker: Live & Reloaded/Conker's Bad Fur Day
8. Grabbed by the Ghoulies
9. Banjo-Tooie
10. Perfect Dark
11. Jet Force Gemini
12. Banjo-Kazooie
13: Blast Corps
14: Killer Instinct Gold / 2
15: Killer Instinct
16: Battletoads in Battlemaniacs
17. Battletoads Arcade
18. Battletoads

Maybe some handheld titles too?
19. Viva Piñata: Pocket Paradise
20. It's Mr Pants
21. Banjo-Pilot
22. Sabre Wulf
23. Banjo-Kazooie: Grunty's Revenge
24: Perfect Dark GBC
25: Conker's Pocket Tales

Top it off with some unreleased beta's:
26. Twelve Tales Conker 64
27. Dinosaur Planet
28. Project Dream SNES
29 Project Dream N64

30. New game that feels like a classic RARE game. Maybe a DKC knockoff.

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt
I would buy this, but I'd be furious if this was the big Rare game they'd show at E3. Someone else can do such port / emulation works, this does absolutely not need Rare.

Oddduck

Yeah, I think this Kotaku rumor might be true.

Tamaki from Unseen64 talked about the Rare collection a few hours ago too.

https://twitter.com/Doctor_Cupcakes/status/610419724288196608

Hearing about a possible @RareLtd collection being announced soon for Xbox One. Just rumour for now, but yeah.

Neal Ronaghan from Nintendo World Report says he also heard similar things.

https://twitter.com/nron10/status/610445052125384704

I've heard things. That Rare Collection might be totally legit.

kevin1025

Banned
Please, make this true!

30 games? That's quite a bit. Do they have the rights to that many?

Here is my dream list for the collection, in the order I copied them off Wikipedia.

1. Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts
2. Viva Piñata: Trouble in Paradise
3. Jetpac Refuelled
4. Viva Piñata
5. Perfect Dark Zero
6. Kameo: Elements of Power
7. Conker: Live & Reloaded/Conker's Bad Fur Day
8. Grabbed by the Ghoulies
9. Banjo-Tooie
10. Perfect Dark
11. Jet Force Gemini
12. Banjo-Kazooie
13: Blast Corps
14: Killer Instinct Gold / 2
15: Killer Instinct
16: Battletoads in Battlemaniacs
17. Battletoads Arcade
18. Battletoads

Maybe some handheld titles too?
19. Viva Piñata: Pocket Paradise
20. It's Mr Pants
21. Banjo-Pilot
22. Sabre Wulf
23. Banjo-Kazooie: Grunty's Revenge
24: Perfect Dark GBC
25: Conker's Pocket Tales

Top it off with some unreleased beta's:
26. Twelve Tales Conker 64
27. Dinosaur Planet
28. Project Dream SNES
29 Project Dream N64

30. New game that feels like a classic RARE game. Maybe a DKC knockoff.

That list...clean-up in every aisle, please.

From Craig Duncan's twitter background- who's the guy with the gun in white? Jet Force Gemini redesign or old?

d6FLx1t.png

Jetpac!

Top Bottom