• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kotaku: Rare HD collection is coming to Xbox One

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
Seems too good to be true...

Futureman

if you take out all the games they can't use (DKC), do they really even have 30 titles to include in a collection? That seems like a lot...

jacobeid

Banned
I'll be happy if this includes Conker: Live and Reloaded because I was able to sell my Xbox copy for $$$$$$$$$ earlier this year.

Ridley327

For Perfect Dark and the Banjo games it'll probably be the XBLA versions, right?

That would suggest that they might be having 4J Studios helping them out on this. I don't think anyone would complain about that, but they seem pretty busy these days with maintaining the console versions of Minecraft.

With all these leaks, I will not be surprised if E3 will be dead in a few years when platform holders and publishers will hold their own conferences. I understand the need for clicks, but if this would have been announced in 4 hours time why ruin the "surprise".

imagine being so creatively bankrupt that this is your best idea. How the mighty have fallen.

There has GOT to be a proper new game coming this E3 from Rare.. it can't just be sequels and remakes...

Some of you folks should actually read the article or hell, the OP. Rare is working on a new, original project in addition to this.

LTWheels

would be pretty cool. Especially if a lot of the n64 games have had the framerates and resolution updated like they did with the 360 version of Goldeneye and Banjo.

If it includes Viva Pinata and and Nuts and Bolts in addition to all the old games, I'm sold.

VanWinkle

I'd be all for this,if only for finally being able to play the Viva Pinata and Kameo games.

30 games just sounds crazy and awesome though.

Richie

imagine being so creatively bankrupt that this is your best idea. How the mighty have fallen.

There has GOT to be a proper new game coming this E3 from Rare.. it can't just be sequels and remakes...

I find it disingenuous to cry Unoriginal on something clearly done as a 30th anniversary homage.

Day freakin' one if done right.

timlot

Banned
Wow, that would be nice. Taking a look back at some of the games that made Rare special. Can't wait to see how the package is put together.

Chris1

What we’ve heard is that the collection could feature up to 30 games including beloved Rare classics like Battletoads (NES), Jet Force Gemini (N64), and Banjo Kazooie (N64)
I just screamed "holy shit" out loud. Day 1.

Caleranatior

Neo Member
Rare can't make good games anymore? No problem, just re-release the old ones!

Cool for fans I suppose, but having never had an N64 at the time, their games did nothing for me when I tried them several years ago.

Blast Corps HD would be GODLIKE.

Would love if they found a way to get some love for the older NES IP too - I know there's probably not many people out there waving flags for Wizards and Warriors and Cobra Triangle, but I am :3

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
I have no interest in this - I feel like a lot of these games (N64 and prior) are better left untouched.

Yeah, I kind of wonder how well something like Jet Force Gemini or even Blast Corps would hold up at this point.

But heck, RC Pro AM will always be great.

Top Bottom