• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kotaku: Rare HD collection is coming to Xbox One

Harmen

Diddy Kong Racing and Goldeneye 007 will always be stuck in limbo unfortunately.

Unless Nintendo and Microsoft can strike up some agreement on those.

DKR got a DS remake, did it not? (they replaced some Rare IP stuff for legal reasons).

But yeah, I hope Goldeneye will get resolve.

Rocky

Banned
I tell you what MS, if this turns out to be true and they make an announcement for Banjo-Threeie at your conference, I will run out and buy an Xbox One today.

Toad.T

Banned
Rip me to shreds for this if you must, but the only way I'd be interested in this is if they go really deep into their library. Like really deep. ZX Spectrum levels of deep.

(Come to think of it, has there ever been a modern-day port of any Speccy game? Jetpack notwithstanding of course.)

painey

What kind of comment is this? Nostalgia rereleases and more recently remasters have been a thing for ever.

Rare haven't made a good game since Viva Pinata, and that was essentially a MS tool to sell merchandise and a TV show

The OP contains a rumour of a new game.

Point being, if the compilation rumour is true, the new game rumour has to be true.. they can't seriously be selling PDZ:HD+ and Battletoads 2 as their bread and butter

MaulerX

Ok. I'm gonna pretend I didn't read this. Watch the conference and jump out of my seat when it's announced.

I'd buy a collection of these for full price with nothing else in the collection. However, Dinosaur Planet is basically the exact same game as Star Fox Adventures, including even characters copyrighted by Nintendo. This cannot be part of the collection.

True. That one was kind of wishful thinking.

I'm just curious why someone would leak it like 3 hours before the press conference lol. Seems kinda redundant at that point.

Because that's kind of the responsibility of a journalist?

Once Jason knew he had enough info to run the story, it would have been a disservice to his readers not to publish it. It's not Kotaku's responsibility to make sure MS has a great press conference full of surprises.

Raide

A Rare Themepark like Nintendoland where you can go inside and have access to the games. Use the Avatars + Rare characters.

Jigorath

Banned
Okay I think the title is a bit misleading as the article doesn't mention anything about HD remakes. They're just ports apparently.

Oddduck

DKR got a DS remake, did it not? (they replaced some Rare IP stuff for legal reasons).

But yeah, I hope Goldeneye will get resolve.

Although that's true, DKR for Nintendo DS was created when Rare was still making handheld games.

Right now, Rare isn't making any handheld games. And Microsoft owns the rights to Timber, Tiptup, Pipsy, Wiz Pig, Taj the Genie, etc.

So I'm not sure if the politics between Microsoft and Nintendo have changed much since then.

tapedeck

Do I win a prize for talking about my penis on the Internet???
Uncensored Conker and 360 ver of Perfect Dark included would make this a fucking megaton.

Should specify N64 PD remaster on 360, NOT PDZ lol.

Matty77

If true this might be the justification I need for an X1.

Especially Battletoads. Even if it's just as hard even getting my ass handed to me in HD is too good to be true!

MMaRsu

Banned
That would be pretty damn amazing. Im still salty Nintendo blocked Goldeneye HD remake from coming out. If they would release that it would be a megaton for me.

Tim Dog posted this

CHi_33OUYAIRFmv.jpg:large

edit. confirmed fake. sorry

... Working on new original game. So, no battletoads reboot or banzo sequel.

At least Xbox owners will get a collection of 30 games, which is pretty sweet.

And miss out on the clicks? Never

Some of you people are fucking sad. Do you understand how journalism actually works?

Edit - I don't mean this as a personal attack....I just...don't get some of these reactions. It's like we don't actually want the journalism side of this industry to actually improve.

Wow, and how would they bring over the game? Is it through a bunch of emulators, because remastering them would take ages right (if it's up to 30 games)?

oti

Banned
Oh Kotaku ruined the start of a marketing campaign booh I say, booh! #prayforMS

Come on people

KORNdoggy

if this is literally all they're coming with i'll be dissapointed. by all means bring it as a garnish for your main reveal, but this better not be it.

Microsoft and Nintendo worked out a deal, which is how we will get virtual console versions of Rare's games now, yeah?

and Diddy kong racing

Top Bottom