• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman: Arkham Knight - Review Thread

Got it pre-ordered but I really should finish the Witcher first. It sounds fantastic though. Asylum and City were two of my favourite and most replayed games of last gen.

Corpsepyre

Banned
So, the story is getting dumped on? NAH, MAN. Had high hopes from that!

Guess Origins will remain the best Batman story.

Perfect scores are such a joke. I don't think I've ever played a perfect game.

Anyway, glad to see the high scores :)

Sigh....why do people have trouble understanding this? 10/10 does not mean perfect..it means the pinnacle of it's genre an instant classic, a can't miss game. The 10 point system is there to use , 10 is valid.

Alienous

yeah that's pretty concerning to me as well

the batmobile stuff never seemed to fit in with what worked best from the series. although I'm an Asylum > City guy so that might explain it.

ah well, I'm sure it's still a good game though

Yeah, the Batmobile is something I can tell they felt they needed to do, but after making traversal fun with gliding in Arkham City I've wondered just how useful it would be in the actual game unless they force you to interact with it.

J4g3r

Time-traveling to Tuesday.

See you then, GAF!

giphy.gif

For the final chapter of games that got a ~ 92% and 94%? Nah bro, we should expect nothing less from Rocksteady by now.

The previews that came out last month were a bit harsh and had me expecting more 7's. They were harsh on the gameplay being so different to AA and most seemed to dislike the batmobile.

dealer-

I was afraid of being forced to use the Batmobile. I trust Van Ord as a reviewer. Will probably hold off.

Didnt realise it was Van Ord, maybe I'll wait a couple of weeks and finish Witcher 3 first then see what the consensus is on here about the game.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Main story is the series’ weakest
This was what I was worried about, after Origins I realised how much better the Story was and could be then Rocksteadys games, when I heard RS was making the new I didn't think anything of it and thought it'll be just as good if not better then Origin's, sadly it seems the other team are the better story tellers and RockSteady are the better programmers.

Alienous

This was what I was worried about, after Origins I realised how much better the Story was and could be then Rocksteadys games, when I heard RS was making the new I didn't think anything of it and thought it'll be just as good if not better then Origin's, sadly it seems the other team are the better story tellers and RockSteady are the better programmers.

Nah, I don't believe that the story could be weak. This is coming from the writer of Crysis .. and Crysis 2 ... and Killzone: Shadow Fall.

Ah shit.

RPGCrazied

Just found out riddler trophies are back in one of those reviews. Yay, had so much fun getting those in the last 2 games.

delSai

So Story and Batmobile are the weakest points of the game?
Doesn't surprise me that much. Still cant wait to try the Batmobile myself.

Ever since they announced the Batmobile, I knew it'd feel tacked on. I hate being forced to use a gameplay element that's basically a gimmick, and I hope I don't have to use it too much.

Asylum was still the best game in the series, but I'm super happy this has good reviews and judging by the DF analysis it's also got the performance to boot.

jacobeid

Banned
Glad to see that PS4 performance is great. I'm hoping XB1 owners are given the same treat...and also that my 7850 can keep up with PS4 performance :/

GavinUK86

Is it weird that when I saw Gamespot with a 7 I knew it would be by Kevin VanOrd. He seems to be strange in his scoring lately.

d3vnull

If Aslyum showed us what was possible, and City was a good sequel that didn’t quite reach the same levels, then Knight is the crowning glory.
It’s exciting, beautiful, haunting, dramatic, and compelling. It leaves you breathless, begging for more. This is the best game I’ve played this year so far,
and it gets the mind racing as to what Rocksteady can do next. […] I never thought I’d say this, but Arkham Asylum has just been bettered.

Oh wow...

bigjig

Van ord is the GS reviewer? May wait to hear real world impressions then, I tend to agree with him more often than not.

First I'm hearing of any negative expectations towards the Batmobile. I'm not convinced it'll be that bad, but the combat and predator maps have always been my jam in the Arkham games anyway, so I doubt it'll bother me too much.

Corpsepyre

Banned
The story and batmobile sections should have been two of the most important parts of the game, considering how much they hyped them.

Story wasn't the reason I loved the Arkham games. It was the characters and the gameplay. I don't even remember the story from the first two games. I thought the first one was just the Joker fucking with me for 15 hours and the second, yeah I have no idea.

Need to finish Origins if the Story is as good as people are saying it is

Top Bottom