• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NIS Teases New Game

May16

News to me if they do.

People say that shit without having any idea what game development is like, or even what RPG Maker looks like though.

I've seen people -- not even as a joke -- argue that games like the original Witcher and Oblivion were made in RPG Maker.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
c20100212_prinny_01_cs1w1_462x760.jpg

She really needs her own game already as the meme is getting old lol.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
so i actually really seriously know nothing about what this could be, but makai wars was supposed to happen for the ps3 and never materialized. it could be part of their ps4 push.

From the small teaser sounds like its going to be another one of those reversed roles types of games. Which if so should be amusing if they go with their usual off the wall writing.

Will be nice in the upcoming months with more various announcements rolling out as we move towards TGS in September.

Yeah was a bit let down when I heard Makai Wars was shelved.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
ZHP Unlosing Ranger 2?

That game starts with the boss fight, sounds what they are talking about here.

Loved that game btw.

zhp-unlosing-ranger-vs-darkdeath-evilman-2.jpg

The story follows the exploits of the silent Main Character, who becomes a hero called the Absolute Victory Unlosing Ranger after the previous Absolute Victory Unlosing Ranger is killed. The new Absolute Victory Unlosing Ranger must train to become strong enough to defeat the evil demon general Darkdeath Evilman and rescue the world’s prophesized savior, a super-powered baby called “Super Baby”.

Basically just...the other way round :p

Shrennin

Didn't get the memo regarding the 14th Amendment
Interesting premise. It would be pretty cool if the game starts out with the "final" boss battle.

If it's the ZHP guy, much like all his games, I will buy it day 1.

His latest PS3 one had a great plot but...really poor dungeon crawling unfortunately. ZHP's was excellent and I still say that game was a 9 outta 10, extraordinarily under-rated.

I enjoy games that play around with concepts or ideas. Like that RPG about the boss with a Trillion life, Makai Shin Trillion.

Or like how in Soul Sacrifice you can literally fight the last boss whenever you want, even immediately after starting the game.

An RPG about life after the great evil is defeated could end up amusing. Buncha animes based on that premise though and only a handful were any good.

So a game where everything is post-game? You start at level 80? Cool :p

Yeah but then the cap is 99999 because of extra PS4 power.

So it's like Disgaea: Grind Edition.

I'm down for a game where the saviors of the world have to go work real jobs at like Walmart or something and then the store becomes a hotbed of demon activity and suddenly there's a greater evil again? But that's no different than any other RPg..

The human, elf and dwarf joined hands to defeat the demon king. But after that, can they live together in harmony?

Should be noted that in Japanese there's no differentiation between singular and plural unless one chooses to explicitly define them. This probably means "The humans, elves and dwarves" and will look at the state of the world and race dynamics after the evil is defeated. Not a trio of adventurers from three different races who must now learn to live together in some sort of reality TV show.

Top Bottom