• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NIS Teases New Game

Takao

Banned
This is a remake of Shoji Masuda's (Oreshika, Linda Cube, etc.) Hero Must Die:

AZo8b2i.jpg

http://www.famitsu.com/news/201507/07082637.html

February 25, 2016 release
PS Vita

AniHawk

the game originally looked like this:

hmd2.jpg
hmd1.jpg

it was released in 2009 for phones.
http://www.rpgamer.com/news/japan/mb061909.html

Famitsu managed to have a sit-down with Shoji Masuda, head of the project, and heard some of the thinking that went into the making of this game. Apparently a lot of thought was put into irregular plot points, hence the "begin at the ending" approach. As well, since they knew they were developing this for cell phones, the Pyramid dev team intentionally made the game both short and full of material. Since most of their intended audience will be playing this on the bus or subway, it was designed so that a single playthrough could be done on a regular Tokyo commute. However, the more times one plays through it, the more material becomes available, it would seem. Certain events might not trigger the first time around, but possibly on the second, third, or fifth time through.

I can't imagine this approach working on anything but a cell phone, but it's made for an interesting read. Yuusha Shisu (Hero Must Die!) is available on all three major cell phone networks, though the "Director's Cut" version is only for DoCoMo.

bwahaha

Takao

Banned
The hero of Hero Must Die only has five days to live. This is following a bout with the demon king, through which he was killed. But even with the demon king’s defeat, the world still faced a number of problems. Thus, the hero is granted five more days to live, and as him, players can take on a variety of actions that result in different endings.

New elements include:

• New scenarios across every heroine, as well as two brand new heroines.
  • Music arrangement and new music by Kenji Ito.
  • A voiced main character.

Characters include:
  • Hero (voiced by Tsubasa Yonaga)
  • Yuria the Angel (voiced by Asami Imai)
  • Devil King (voiced by Tsuguo Mogami)
  • Princess Flora (voiced by Rie Murakawa)

Staff includes:

• Planning, Game Design, and Scenario – Shoji Masuda
  • Music – Kenji Ito
  • Character Design: Tetsu Kurosawa
  • Development: Pyramid
  • Producer: Moto Suganuma

Read more at http://gematsu.com/2015/07/hero-must-die-ps-vita-remake-announced#ewbSlv4ret7uJSAR.99

That's the Pyramid behind the Patapon games. They also developed the original release of Hero Must Die.

crinale

The hero of Hero Must Die only has five days to live. This is following a bout with the demon king, through which he was killed. But even with the demon king’s defeat, the world still faced a number of problems. Thus, the hero is granted five more days to live, and as him, players can take on a variety of actions that result in different endings.

New elements include:
New scenarios across every heroine, as well as two brand new heroines.
Music arrangement and new music by Kenji Ito.
A voiced main character.

Characters include:
Hero (voiced by Tsubasa Yonaga)
Yuria the Angel (voiced by Asami Imai)
Devil King (voiced by Tsuguo Mogami)
Princess Flora (voiced by Rie Murakawa)

Staff includes:
Planning, Game Design, and Scenario – Shoji Masuda
Music – Kenji Ito
Character Design: Tetsu Kurosawa
Development: Pyramid
Producer: Moto Suganuma

Well that's interesting.

Without reading the thread, I'm guessing there has to be a balance between good and evil. Without evil, the world begins to die becase it is too good. The struggle is what keeps the world in good health.

Foffy

Banned
Guess its back to waiting for Asagi...

I guess when they run out of ideas, then it can happen, right?

How many projects does NIS maintain internally anyway? The only thing they've announced on the way is Witch and the Hundred Knight Revival, and a sequel to that game. Was Asagi in the original game? She's usually in most of the games NIS produced since Makai Kingdom.

Takao

Banned
I guess when they run out of ideas, then it can happen, right?

How many projects does NIS maintain internally anyway? The only thing they've announced on the way is Witch and the Hundred Knight Revival, and a sequel to that game. Was Asagi in the original game? She's usually in most of the games NIS produced since Makai Kingdom.

Yomawari

Disgaea 5 did launch in Japan in March, so presumably some cool off is required there.

mao2

Don't know anything about the original game, but the story sounds interesting. Character design by Tetsu Kurosawa is also a plus. Love his artwork in Demon Gaze and Operation Abyss/Babel.

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
Linda^3 was an awesome, highly unique and extremely underrated RPG, count me interested in this.

Takao

Banned
Jeeze, NIS. They updated the teaser site to say it'll open on July 16th ...

I can't say I prefer Kurosawa's art style over the original's. It looks pretty indistinguishable from a lot of NIS games.

Top Bottom