• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Prototype: Biohazard Bundle up on the Xbox Store

jbug617

Banned
Spotted by lifelower. Costs $49.99 and has a release date for tomorrow.
https://twitter.com/lifelower/status/620747491982479360
https://store.xbox.com/en-US/Xbox-O...d-Bundle/ddc47dac-59f1-4150-a789-96cd11b1f9ff

Bundle Description:
Bundle includes Prototype® and Prototype®2 with DLC! PROTOTYPE: Discover what lies beyond the edge of evolution. Play as Alex Mercer, a genetically mutated shape-shifter with no memory of his past hell-bent on solving the mystery of his existence as he tears through a densely populated New York City moving with Parkour-style fluidity and consuming anybody that gets in his way... assuming their physical identity, memories and abilities. PROTOTYPE 2: WELCOME TO NEW YORK ZERO. Prototype®2 takes the unsurpassed carnage of the original Prototype® and continues the experience of becoming the ultimate shape-shifting weapon. A devastating viral outbreak has claimed the lives of Sgt James Heller’s family and transformed him into a PROTOTYPE. Powered by incredible new shapeshifting powers and abilities, you must hunt, kill and consume your way across the infected wasteland of New York Zero to take revenge on the man responsible: Alex Mercer. Download includes DLC.

Tesseract

Banned
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uJUBI1K1hTc

Heller: I'm at the computer, what do I press?
Guerra: First you need to —
Heller: I'm pressing the red button. Shit. Now the screen's all fucked up. Shit's broken.
Guerra: Okay, press the alternate key. "A.L.T." Alternate —
Heller: Alt? There's no fucking alt. I got a fucking squiggly line key, I got a fucking key with a triangle on it — what the fuck kind of keyboard is this anyway?

Was just about to say, it's available to buy with a release date of 14/07/2015. Anyone confirm if it's the full game? Didn't even know it was getting a remaster.

going to have to wait on impressions of this "remaster" before even considering purchase. Avoided both games for reasons that evade me at this time-but $49.99 is steep for something I have avoided all these years.

I wouldn't expect much, this is Activision. This was probably made by 3 unfortunate people with some duct tape and paperclips. High voltage can breath easy as this will probably be known as the worst Last gen remaster upon launch.

It's a bit pricey, but I like the name.

I missed Prototype 2, and have been wanting to play it, so I'll likely pick it up sometime. The first one was really repetitive but had its moments.

Talk about a stealth release.

Are the Prototype games any good?

Not really. Poor controls, bad visuals, extremely bad writing. But there's definitely fun to be found in the complete OTT ridiculousness of it. Watch some footage on YouTube and if you like the look I'd say go for this bundle when it's less than half its current price.

that price...they're sending them out to die. kind of a shame because they kind of slay.

I think not announcing it is probably the bigger problem than the price!

We just had a massive trade show a month before release, Activsion had this big booth and no-one thought "Oh, maybe we should announce this game then"

More money than sense.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Not really. Poor controls, bad visuals, extremely bad writing. But there's definitely fun to be found in the complete OTT ridiculousness of it. Watch some footage on YouTube and if you like the look I'd say go for this bundle when it's less than half its current price.

poor controls? i thought the controls were fine for what they were.

but god...the writing...
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

Looking at the screens in the console store, this isn't much of a remaster. I guess the resolution has been increased, but that seems about it.

I think targeting impulse buys rather than marketing it was probably the right move. I'll get it at some point.

Top Bottom