• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Prototype: Biohazard Bundle up on the Xbox Store

SFenton

Yeah, I saw that he's no longer so sure right after I posted that. *shakes fist at Wario*

Heh. I highly doubt locked 60 anyways, even with those graphics. Hell, look at all the freezing in the second vid.

To be fair, that could be the fault of Upload, but I've never seen something like that elsewhere.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
I heard that port was pretty bad?

The port was wretched. I don't know what he is smoking. The framerate fluctuates like crazy between 30-60 and is never stable. That never bothered me.

What drove me batshit crazy was the lock ups that forced me to hard reset my PS4.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
$50 for two games isn't an outrageous price...

Granted, its not the greatest deal, but its far better bang for the buck than Saints Row IV or God of War III.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
The videos sure as hell aren't playing 60 FPS on my computer, lol

Playing it on my phone, yeah this doesn't look 60.

Hoje0308

Banned
Heh. I highly doubt locked 60 anyways, even with those graphics. Hell, look at all the freezing in the second vid.

To be fair, that could be the fault of Upload, but I've never seen something like that elsewhere.

I'll have to watch it when I get home. The release itself is a huge red flag though. The strategy is probably to get as much money as possible before word of mouth spreads and reviews come out. And then will come monthly price drops before it's eventually just being given away.

Trace

Banned
I loved the first one, but unless they actually did more work than just making it 1080p and charging 3x what it's worth I am no buy.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
I loved the first one, but unless they actually did more work than just making it 1080p and charging 3x what it's worth I am no buy.

What else could they do to make it more worth the price?

I mean thats what most remaster are....1080p/60fps and better textures.

I don't know else people would reasonably expect..

Trace

Banned
What else could they do to make it more worth the price?

I mean thats what most remaster are....1080p/60fps and better textures.

I don't know else people would reasonably expect..

I would expect 1080p/60fps, better textures and better draw distance. I don't think this will end up having half of that.

SFenton

I would expect 1080p/60fps, better textures and better draw distance. I don't think this will end up having half of that.

We can already confirm that the draw distance is nowhere near what you would expect from a current gen title.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
Thats what I had heard too. But I finished the game and all the dlc and collected most of the items and it only froze once during a loading screen. That was it. It doesnt stutter or have screen tearing or anything. PS4 obviously.

No way. Numerous people have reported and its well documented. The game should be running at a smooth locked 60 fps. It has no visual upgrades. Yet it constantly fluctuates between 30-60 and can get really jarring at times.

Having said the inconsistent framerate doesnt bother me like it does others, but its the locking up forcing a hard reset, leading to a database rebuild is what was unacceptable.

What what what?

Talk about a stealth release but man, I am so fucking in.

Definitely one of my favorite series last gen and surely the pure existence of this confirms that a third entry is on it's way hopefully!

$50 isn't too bad, will buy tomorrow. Hype.

atomico

Prototype is melee combat, running up and across skyscrapers, throwing cars, jacking tanks, devouring people whole and the like, powered by endless angst. Infamous and SO are more high mobility shooters, and Saints Row is more in the GTA vein, though I never did play the last two where you had superpowers - that might line up pretty well.

Yeah, I was thinking Saints Row 4 in particular. They ditched most of the classic GTA elements (I don't think I drove a car after the tutorial) and you're pretty much a superhero, flying around, leaping buildings...

GavinUK86

wait a minute, so this is out already?

i wonder how it compares to the pc versions. might just replay on there if it's the same.

wait a minute, so this is out already?

i wonder how it compares to the pc versions. might just replay on there if it's the same.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say this is probably the PC version with little to no changes on to the new machines. But I dunno, maybe the PC versions have compatitibilty issues these days or something? That happens.

Either way, $50 is a laughable price and I can't believe people think that "isn't too bad".

What a weird remaster, I know I played the first one long ago but don't really remember much other than having tentacle arms, kinda.

The story of how this got made and released as a remaster is probably infinitely more interesting than actually playing it.

No way. Numerous people have reported and its well documented. The game should be running at a smooth locked 60 fps. It has no visual upgrades. Yet it constantly fluctuates between 30-60 and can get really jarring at times.

Having said the inconsistent framerate doesnt bother me like it does others, but its the locking up forcing a hard reset, leading to a database rebuild is what was unacceptable.

I can tell the difference between 30 and 60, but I can't often tell when it fluctuates inbetween, so maybe you're right.
But I honestly played it somewhere around 30-40 hours and it only got stuck in a loading screen and crashed once. The game closed and gave me an error code. I just started it back up and it was fine.
I was expecting much much worse. Maybe I just got lucky.

I know this ship has sailed but I wish we could have gotten a 3rd game on current gen hardware. Running up buildings, gliding, absorbing people and disguising yourself, and causing general chaos was so much fun.

P. Fembot

Banned
$70 Au, no way. Would be nice if major Nelson actually spruiked the bundle on his website instead of just listing it as available.

If it was a full remaster I'd pay $40, not the $70 they are asking on the Aussie marketplace.

Danneee

I'm so buying this. BOTH games remade for current gen? Best superhero open world games since like forever. Or spider man 2.

antitrop

The story of how this got made and released as a remaster is probably infinitely more interesting than actually playing it.

I really doubt it.

Kotick saw that Remasters are a cool thing to do these days, saw that open-world games are more in than ever, and said: "What wonderful open-world IPs do we have to Remaster for these starving gamers?"

And all they had was fucking Prototype.

Xyrmellon

What sucks is that now that there's this (apparent) shit port Activision won't approve back compatability of the 360 version.

From what I've seen these are far from a next gen remaster and at $50 to boot geez. Some companies need to know what they are selling. Prototype was far from a popular duo of games to begin with.

jond76

Banned
Sorry all, I couldn't help myself. I bought it.

I watched few clips and remembered how fucking bonkers the action in this game is: civilians running from infected, cars smashing into each other, military killing everyone...all that without you doing a damn thing. Shit is fun just to stand around and watch.

Hopefully my buying this will miraculously bring about Prototype 3.

I really doubt it.

Kotick saw that Remasters are a cool thing to do these days, saw that open-world games are more in than ever, and said: "What wonderful open-world IPs do we have to Remaster for these starving gamers?"

And all they had was fucking Prototype.

Lol, that last line got me.

EBE

the first Prototype was really good. i had a lot of fun with that one.
i'll get this sometime down the road.

poor controls? i thought the controls were fine for what they were.

but god...the writing...
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

I don't really remember the first game, but the second didn't have any kind of free-aiming and had a very dated lock-on system which felt like it was straight out of the PS2 era.

I read the title as the prototypes of Biohazard were released. Only recently Capcom released the RE:0 prototype video. I was hoping for that and RE1.5 in a bundle. I left this thread disappointed.

Top Bottom