• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Prototype: Biohazard Bundle up on the Xbox Store

I really enjoyed these games. Platinumed the second one. However, I'd love to see what kind of upgrades these offer... Gues we'll find out soon enough!

It's been a while since I played Prototype, but it felt pretty damn similar at the time.

If I remember right they came out pretty close to one another, so the comparisons were inevitable. Especially since inFamous was Sony exclusive, you had a bunch of non PS3 owners rabidly waving their rally towels for Prototype. At least, that's how it was on GameFAQs at the time.

To be fair, I thought inFamous was the better game, but found Protoype to be more fun.

Eggbok

I really enjoyed these games. Platinumed the second one. However, I'd love to see what kind of upgrades these offer... Gues we'll find out soon enough!

I'm not expecting much honestly. Id imagine if it was major improvements it would have been officially announced already.

Daingurse

It's been a while since I played Prototype, but it felt pretty damn similar at the time.

Played both of them and they felt very different. They both share open-world design with multiple traversal mechanics, but Prototype's core gameplay felt like a brawler while Infamous felt like a third person shooter. I remember the comparisons around their launch, and in retrospect they feel off base.

DanceLeaf

Neo Member
Well i'm glad. Never got a chance to play the prototype games before. Sad that this may exclude them from being backwards compatible

Three

I think not announcing it is probably the bigger problem than the price!

We just had a massive trade show a month before release, Activsion had this big booth and no-one thought "Oh, maybe we should announce this game then"

More money than sense.

Judging by the reactions to a leak near E3 this was a good call:
http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=1068524

Probably thought announcing would just generate negative buzz anyway especially with the price some have a problem with. Perhaps they feel the less questions people ask about this game before release the better which doesn't bode well for the game.

StoveOven

Banned
I thought this was a Resident Evil thing at first. Pretty disappointed when I found out otherwise.

Anyways, I think Prototype might be the most unnecessary remaster yet. I don't think the games are good enough to warrant this. I don't even think the first game was good enough to warrant a sequel. But hey, more power to them. I just think they might be a year too late. There are enough new games now that I don't think people will keep buying remasters as much.

I would have played the fuck out of these 18 months ago but now? Eh. I'll wait for a super deep discount, same with GoW3.

I was just going to say that. They should be available separately.

They have separate trophy lists so I expect they will be separated for digital release at some point. No reason not to.

Three

This couldn't possibly be more confusing. Is this a remaster or back compat? Also, who would actually pay $50 for Prototype?
Seeing as it's coming to PS4 too it's definitely a remaster. For two games that's not an entirely outrageous price but the fact that we haven't seen anything from it this close to release isn't reassuring.

Seeing as it's coming to PS4 too it's definitely a remaster. For two games that's not an entirely outrageous price but the fact that we haven't seen anything from it this close to release isn't reassuring.

Thanks for the info, I've seen nothing about this. Interesting move to say the least. I guess they assume that they'll get some impulse purchases by doing a stealth launch.

atomico

Who is this marketed towards?

Maybe I lack perspective, since I only played both games years after the fact, but neither Prototype title seemed all that great to begin with. Also both platforms have better (and cheaper) alternatives in the genre (Infamous, Sunset Overdrive, the Saints Row games).

You can definitely fun in both of those but they're enough alike that I couldn't imagine going back to back with em. Hell, I never even finished either one.

But they're good for letting your inner rage-beast rampage through downtown.

And then there's that whole thing where you can dropkick helicopters...

Who is this marketed towards?

Maybe I lack perspective, since I only played both games years after the fact, but neither Prototype title seemed all that great to begin with. Also both platforms have better (and cheaper) alternatives in the genre (Infamous, Sunset Overdrive, the Saints Row games).
Prototype is melee combat, running up and across skyscrapers, throwing cars, jacking tanks, devouring people whole and the like, powered by endless angst. Infamous and SO are more high mobility shooters, and Saints Row is more in the GTA vein, though I never did play the last two where you had superpowers - that might line up pretty well.

Shpeshal Nick

aka Collingwood
If I remember right they came out pretty close to one another, so the comparisons were inevitable. Especially since inFamous was Sony exclusive, you had a bunch of non PS3 owners rabidly waving their rally towels for Prototype. At least, that's how it was on GameFAQs at the time.

To be fair, I thought inFamous was the better game, but found Protoype to be more fun.

Non PS3 owners had Crackdown, which was the first "superhero" open world game of the generation. Also happened to be the best one.

Saints Row 4 is $15 on PSN right now. It has super powers and it's open world and it's pretty good. Decent port as well.
Just saying.

Xbudz

Graphics don't hold up and $49? ...

iwDNlrl.gif

Top Bottom