• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Prototype: Biohazard Bundle up on the Xbox Store

Corpekata

Banned
I read the title wrong and thought this was a legitimate Biohazard and now we're all exposed to Anthrax by being in this thread, oh no.

Fox Mulder

the first Prototype was really good. i had a lot of fun with that one.
i'll get this sometime down the road.

The story sucks, controls can be awful, and the graphics aren't that great with some bad lows, but the game play is fun. Never did try the second though.

a.wd

Loved this way more than infamous, also controls were great, watching chaos unfold is just awesome.

Also it falls in line with my next gen remaster policy of only if it's a bundle.

But it does need to be 1080p and 60 to get me to part with my hard earned.

If not then it really was sent to die,and the series deserves better.

nate75

Bare minimum port, pretty decent game though

Screenshot-Original.png

Screenshot-Original.png

This should be like $30, what the hell are Acti thinking...

They are probably thinking that they are still charging $60 MSRP for the PC versions ($20 for P1, and $40 for P2 on Steam) so from that perspective they are saving people $10 by picking up the bundle. Yes, those games would be lower during a Steam sale but then again this game will be lower during a PS4/X1 sale too.

derExperte

if it is not a remaster- what the hell is it- why does the PC release look better?

P2's PC version is the stuff of nightmares, runs crappy, has severe memory leaks etc. If they've done a straight port they probably had to dial some stuff down even further to get it running reliably.

hydruxo

First game was one of my biggest regrets in gaming. I remember being so excited for that game then reality set in when I actually played it.

Prototype 2 is sitting in my PS+ backlog, probably never to be played. I did intend on playing it at one point because I found a strategy guide for it at a Goodwill for $1.

Could a mod add "(Not Resident Evil)" to the title? So many people just coming in and complaining that they thought it was about RE.

Looking at those screenshots I have to wonder why they did this, wonder if the news of backwards compatability at E3 soured them a little bit since they would have been finishing this port job up around then.

Looking at those screenshots I have to wonder why they did this, wonder if the news of backwards compatability at E3 soured them a little bit since they would have been finishing this port job up around then.

They would've known about BC before it was announced. Probably still put this out knowing that someone buying this allows them to make money vs. used copy of Prototype.

Well, PS4 doesn't have that BC option so I think from their perspective it might have been worth doing just for that, and obviously an XB1 version wouldn't be too difficult to do if they're doing it for PS4.

I doubt BC really had anything to do with it. Just Activision being cheap as usual

baphomet

I would never buy this at $50, but I thought I would check Steam and get them on the cheap. 1 is $20 and 2 is still $40. That's insane. 1 was alright when it first came out, but 2 was even mediocre when it released. Guess I won't be playing them again anytime soon.

You still have to wonder why did this come out.

Is there a third one coming out eventually?
that's gonna be done by platnium since Radical got a size reduction

Top Bottom