• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SbF: Super Best Friends Play Thread: ReBoot

Josuke 8 is still going to be Josuke 8. They have as much reason to call him Josefumi as they do to call him Yoshikage Kira

No one not up to date should click my spoiler

(Spoilers if you're not up to date on Jojolion)
Didn't he fully accept himself to be Josefumi in the last chapter?

Also I hate the Catherine LP. But at least it has 2 good things going for it: real talk with Matt and Woolie about relationships and the strawpolls.

Xux

Dammit, the JoJo LPs starting and I'm only on Volume 3, lol.

Also,
Inside
. I was gonna play that after I beat Shovel Knight.

Phantom Edit: And the game doesn't even start with Phantom Blood. Gosh darnit.

(Spoilers if you're not up to date on Jojolion)
Didn't he fully accept himself to be Josefumi in the last chapter?

Also I hate the Catherine LP. But at least it has 2 good things going for it: real talk with Matt and Woolie about relationships and the strawpolls.

still part 8 stuff

While it may not be 50/50, there's enough of Kira there to make a case that he's not entirely Josefumi. With Kira he qualifies as a JoJo with the connection to Holly

joe2187

Banned
I dont know anything about JoJo

and Im not gonna try and care, I'll watch the first few eps but I'll probably drop it eventually since I have not interest in the series.

I never even touched the GOT LP because I've no interest in that either.

I don't think Matt and Woolie understood the butt boss in catherine and now they think the bosses are what all the men in the nightmare see when they're actually Vincent's personal nightmares.

The butt boss was a reference to
Vincent doing anal with Catherine
, which they would've caught had they paid attention.

The GOT LP is legitimately funny and I have zero interest in it too, you don't need to like the show to watch it, in fact I'd say that's a pro.

I dont know anything about JoJo

and Im not gonna try and care, I'll watch the first few eps but I'll probably drop it eventually since I have not interest in the series.

The GoT LP is actually enjoyable watching Matt and Woolie just get bored of Telltale.

Numb

finally more Metal Slug
rejoice.png

All you guys have wrong opinions, the game is so much fun to play and experience for yourself.

Nier LP continues to be the one LP to consistently put me to sleep. I don't know if it's the game or just the Liam+Pat combo.
Junk Heap is the place you spend the most time at in Part 2 and it's the most boring because you're just going into rooms killing generic robots.

What's the over/under on Star Trek series talk on the podcast? Because they showed off their new ship design and people are very divided on it.

Strimei

Oh man I can't wait for the next podcast.

Guardians of the Galaxy 2 spoilers:
Peter Quill's/Starlord's father is non other than Pat's favorite, EGO THE LIVING PLANET. Also being played by Kurt Russel.

I hope we hear Pat's thoughts.

That Girl Fight game looks crap to play but all the art in the game looks good even if it's 99% wankbait. I've had no luck finding the artist responsible for it online. Also, the developer of Girl Fight makes semi-succesful mobile games these days.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
Man the Catherine LP is gold Danny Sexbang, gold!

"Would you do Wendy?"
"No."
"What if she offered you a burger?"
"Hmmm."

Matt with the tuff questions and woolie with the straight answers.

Really Woolie? You see the bosses as the fears of the common man? How is a butt a fear of the common man? If you paid any attention you'd see that they're very specific to Vincent.

Meffer

Really Woolie? You see the bosses as the fears of the common man? How is a butt a fear of the common man? If you paid any attention you'd see that they're very specific to Vincent.
While theses fears are specific to Vincent, these fears are relatable to most men. The butt is obviously related to lust.

Matsukaze

One minute into the Eyes of Heaven LP and Woolie is putting Fugo McFuckface in his place. This LP is starting off on the right foot.

EDIT: Although Jesus fuck, they can't pronounce Kakyoin to save their lives. I forgot about that.

Strimei

I don't know much about JoJo, admittedly. I've read the first part from my library (and for some reason my library has like the second or third volumes of part 2 but not the first. Of course they do...) and picked up stuff over the years. But I'm still enjoying this LP.

Still cracks me up to see some of it though. I know it makes sense in the story, but a
dog has a stand? Yeah ok, sure. Might as well.

Xux

Welp, up to Volume 7; on track to start the LP in October or so.

Guess I'll finally watch the whole MGS5 playthrough. Ayyy,
Pat guessed the twist in the first 15 minutes.

BossRush

I don't know much about JoJo, admittedly. I've read the first part from my library (and for some reason my library has like the second or third volumes of part 2 but not the first. Of course they do...) and picked up stuff over the years. But I'm still enjoying this LP.

Still cracks me up to see some of it though. I know it makes sense in the story, but a
dog has a stand? Yeah ok, sure. Might as well.

That's honestly the tamest thing involving stands.

That's honestly the tamest thing involving stands.

It's even one of the tamest animal stands to exist.

I like the start of this Jojo LP and because I hate myself I decided to look up World Over Heaven and hooooly fuck is that broken. I'm going to be really surprised to see how they work this one out.

Also glad Pat brought up the whole "what does stopped time mean" thing because it still confuses me.

I watched like 2 minutes of the JoJo LP before I went "OH SHIT SPOILERS IM OUT", sad that I can't watch it.

Also, try to keep all JoJo spoiler talk in spoilers here as well, there's plenty of SBFP fans that want to participate in the thread that don't want to get spoiled, thank you.

Matsukaze

Also, try to keep all JoJo spoiler talk in spoilers here as well, there's plenty of SBFP fans that want to participate in the thread that don't want to get spoiled, thank you.
SPOILER: All JoJo is awesome and everyone should read it ASAP. :p

No worries. I'll save the real spoilers for the manga thread.

joe2187

Banned
I love it when they forget to do the sync test, then spend like a full minute doing it on the recording and not taking it out and trying to resume the conversation as normal.

Strimei

When she called him by his full name I lost it

And then that ending. Amazing.

Haha definitely. I know some have passed on Nier and I'll admit its a bit laid back, but I'm honestly very happy with it and its swayed me to get it myself (and also buy the music since I actually find myself humming it somedays).

Unrelated, but the podcast's out.

Pat wading into the Marie/Callie thing was amusing.

Top Bottom