• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SbF: Super Best Friends Play Thread: ReBoot

They talk about which lawyer they would want to defend them if they were guilty of a heinous act, and none of them, not one, mentions the BEST!

harveybirdman3.jpg

WHY DO I EVEN SUPPORT THESE NERDS!?

Menitta

This podcast is so weird. After listening to them bitch so much about the 3D KOF and then to hear them say "3D is perfect" is hilarious. But whatever. Glad they came around.

Fucking Instinct chumps...

Strimei

They talk about which lawyer they would want to defend them if they were guilty of a heinous act, and none of them, not one, mentions the BEST!

harveybirdman3.jpg

WHY DO I EVEN SUPPORT THESE NERDS!?

Reminds me, was listening to last week's Beastcast and it blew my mind to find out that the actor that played Lumbergh in Office Space is Harvey.

God I need to rewatch that show. That, Sealab (up until where Goz died, anyway. Rest in peace, you glorious man), early ATHF...

Menitta

Wait, they like 3D KOF now?

They don't "like" it but they're okay with it because it plays well. Also it's a miracle this game exists to begin with. At least that's what I took away from it. Also, when he said "3D is perfect" he was referring to good transitions from 2D into 3D.

Xux

Did they upload the last Demon's Souls stream yet? I feel like it's been awhile.

Also, the first episode of
Godzilla Weekend
is pretty great. That sick
Dangan Rompa
burn was brutal.

BossRush

They don't "like" it but they're okay with it because it plays well. Also it's a miracle this game exists to begin with. At least that's what I took away from it. Also, when he said "3D is perfect" he was referring to good transitions from 2D into 3D.

Didn't Matt go on Twitter and complain that it feels like shit to play and the UI looks bland and forgettable

Their point regarding 3D fighting was that there have been many successful transitions from 2D to 3D by many different metrics and that mainline KoF has fallen victim to the proverbial "dick-slip" in this regard

Look forward to another moment of high quality professionalism only super best friends could deliver in Eyes of Heaven Part 2.

Yeah, Woolie, Pat, just leave in the sync test and Pat checking his missed calls.

It's what the fans want!

Edit: And they removed the video.

Woolie's thinking the game is superjapanese is clouding his comprehension. I thought it was pretty clear what Sheep with Police Hat was saying:

"You can't always rise to every situtation, but you can only fall to the level of your training."

Just means to me that when faced with an obstacle you at the bare minimum can rely on your training to appraoch it.

I never thought they would mention F1 in any LP. Montreal's race track is actually pretty damn good, and Pat's idea is awful (Combining F1 with Rally? Really??) It also provides the most batshit insane race 5 years ago.

Pat may be crazy but I actually went my life until now thinking there were F1 races where they shutdown public roads to use as track.
But there are? That's why they get called street circuits.
Just hit the muffin argument. You cant tell me that an english muffin, a type of muffin, is a cake. If a muffin is a cake then a hotdog is a sandwich

So germany = cake and france = bread. I'm not sure what to believe anymore. All I know is that muffins are an acceptable breakfast food, unlike steak

I've ran across so many people who haven't heard of steak and eggs for breakfast.

They always seem to be younger people, so is it an age thing? Are the kids these days just not eating breakfast and are missing out on all its options?

As for the cake argument, I'm only on neir ep 9 so i guys i haven't heard the argument, bit i always understood as anything that is baked from a batter it would be a cake, dough would be bread.

I've ran across so many people who haven't heard of steak and eggs for breakfast.

They always seem to be younger people, so is it an age thing? Are the kids these days just not eating breakfast and are missing out on all its options?

Yeah yeah, I know. Was making a jab at woolie. It is an age thing i believe. I know people who have been brought up on cereal so they thought bacon was some fancy thing mcdonalds sold for breakfast. Honestly,i think anything consumed at the start of the day is breakfast,it's the time of the meal that defines it.

As for the cake argument, I'm only on neir ep 9 so i guys i haven't heard the argument, bit i always understood as anything that is baked from a batter it would be a cake, dough would be bread.

I batter my chips,does that make them cakes?
pretend potato cakes don't exist

I batter my chips,does that make them cakes?
pretend potato cakes don't exist

Well my definition would only be applied to determine if something would be a bread or cake.

I have a number of friends who are professional chefs and bakers and they get angry when people mix up pies and tarts. I should ask them what they think. I figure they would be a better authority then me, or someone from the internet who anecdotally can't even cook. (Pat)

Nordicus

No, it's a thing of most people don't work super physically demanding jobs that require a protein bomb first thing in the morning anymore

Well my definition would only be applied to determine if something would be a bread or cake.

I have a number of friends who are professional chefs and bakers and they get angry when people mix up pies and tarts. I should ask them what they think. I figure they would be a better authority then me, or someone from the internet who anecdotally can't even cook. (Pat)

To my understanding pies are traditionally capped with pastry and tarts have sugar added to the pastry? However, mentioning about pat makes me think that liam is the only person who has been shown to cook anything, so i guess that means he outranks pat in this muffin war

ArjanN

No, it's a thing of most people don't work super physically demanding jobs that require a protein bomb first thing in the morning anymore

Pretty much. Unless you're working in a coal mine all day you probably don't need steak and eggs for breakfast.

Only places I've seen serve steak and eggs on the menu are places that serve 'breakfast' style foods all day and I always figured it was just there for people who go around dinner time and might want a steak. At places that have an actual separate breakfast/lunch/dinner menus I haven't ever seen steak and eggs.

Xux

I never thought this thread would derail into food arguments.
Pretty tame for best friends threads.

Also, meandering through the TPP LP, jeeze, at that Sahelanthropus fight. Still, what an amazing game. Hopefully that Definite Ex thing has something notable to be worth double dipping on PC.

Strimei

Hopefully that Definite Ex thing has something notable to be worth double dipping on PC.

Eh, I hope not, myself.

I'd rather not give Konami another buck if at all possible.

Unless its ZOE3. Then its shut up and take my money time.

Well that may be a reason not to have it, but I don't understand some of the reactions I have received regarding even the thought for having steak for a breakfast meal.

NCR Redslayer said:
I never thought this thread would derail into food arguments.

I think argument is a little strong here. I would classify this as more of an energetic discussion. Though SBF seems to inspire discussion about all kind of topics, I figure it was just a matter of time. Actually, this probably hasn't even been the first time the topic about food has come up. but lord knows I'm not gonna go searching through previous SBF threads to check.

KRaZyAmmo

Well that may be a reason not to have it, but I don't understand some of the reactions I have received regarding even the thought for having steak for a breakfast meal.

I think argument is a little strong here. I would classify this as more of an energetic discussion. Though SBF seems to inspire discussion about all kind of topics, I figure it was just a matter of time. Actually, this probably hasn't even been the first time the topic about food has come up. but lord knows I'm not gonna go searching through previous SBF threads to check.
I remember them having a 45 minute discussion on crab vs lobster on the mindjack shitty games done slow stream. So it doesn't surprise me that they'd bring up food

Anung

Un Rama
Watched the Livin' da dream LP. Never watched it when it came out because I don't care for basketball but daaamn what a beautiful train wreck.

Does anyone feel like the Killing Joke thing is being blown out of proportion? Like Marvel does things like make Thor a woman and Cap a Hydra agent and people praise it for adding a twist to the old way of those characters and giving a sense of newness to them.

But making Batman and Batgirl have a relationship is somehow unforgivable and ruins the whole movie?

And there's not a father/daughter thing I've ever seen between them, since Jim is her father and your think the father daughter thing would be between them. Batman just seems like more of a teacher to her

Nordicus

Does anyone feel like the Killing Joke thing is being blown out of proportion? Like Marvel does things like make Thor a woman and Cap a Hydra agent and people praise it for adding a twist to the old way of those characters and giving a sense of newness to them.

But making Batman and Batgirl have a relationship is somehow unforgivable and ruins the whole movie?
Those are new stories. Killing Joke is a highly regarded, well-known story that the fans have been waiting to get adapted. Big difference.
And there's not a father/daughter thing I've ever seen between them, since Jim is her father and your think the father daughter thing would be between them. Batman just seems like more of a teacher to her
You're only thinking from Barbara's perspective. Not Bruce's. Ya know, that Bruce whose origin story people get to see again and again and again?

I'm regards to the captain America heel turn, I saw way more outrage the praise for that.

The issue I have with the batgirl /batman thing is that coupled with the age difference, Bruce is kinda screwing his best friend's daughter. That is kind of messed up.

The age difference might not even be that different in actuality, and they are both adults, but something about that relationship never felt right to me.

Top Bottom