• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles X to get special editions in Europe + Twitch Livestream on 08/08

JoeM86

Comes from a PR

Xenoblade Chronicles X for Wii U is playable for the first time in Europe at gamescom, as Nintendo reveals two limited edition bundles launching alongside the game in December:

· Xenoblade Chronicles X Wii U Premium Pack: features a black premium Wii U console, a physical copy of the game, an Artbook and a World Map poster

· Xenoblade Chronicles X Limited Edition Pack: features a physical copy of the game, a SteelBook™ cover, a World Map poster, a Cover Art Poster and the Artbook

Can’t make it to gamescom? Those at home can tune into a special Xenoblade Chronicles X Twitch.tv/twitch live stream broadcast on Saturday 8th August between 16.00 – 17.00 CEST to get a sneak peak at the game.
CLobm78XAAI4Q6M.jpg:large

JoeM86

Oh forgot this bit about digital

In addition the original Wii classic Xenoblade Chronicles is to be made available on Nintendo eShop on Wii U right now! Those who purchase this game will be eligible for a £9.00 GBP discount on Xenoblade Chronicles X if they buy it on Nintendo eShop on the same Wii U console* within two weeks of the game’s launch in December.

tbd

Have no doubt this is going to be my GotY despite Witcher 3 after what I've seen at friends and loving every single Monolith game.

It's pretty pathetic how long Nintendo needs to bring this over, though.-saga games were released in NA like one month after the Japanese release, IIRC.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Have no doubt this is going to be my GotY despite Witcher 3 after what I've seen at friends and loving every single Monolith game.

It's pretty pathetic how long Nintendo needs to bring this over, though.-saga games were released in NA like one month after the Japanese release, IIRC.

I think you underestimate how much text is in this game, there is so much shit to translate in this game the guy who wrote the script personally apologized to treehouse in the iwata asks.

errr not all.. ep 1 took like a year, ep 2 is 8 months? only ep 3 is 1 month

Werewolf Jones

Gold Member
I may get the LE but I dunno doesn't seem anything special I just want the full game literally cannot wait for it. Loved playing XC. 130 hours it took me before I put an end to it and I could put another 20 in if I really wanted to.

I'm ready to explore Mira.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
It's gamescom.

No im not referring to this one isolated case, when it comes to RPGs, especially from nintendo, it seems alot of the marketing budget goes more towards them then here.

Hell the rainfall games all got released in europe without a second thought last gen.

JoeM86

No im not referring to this one isolated case, when it comes to RPGs, especially from nintendo, it seems alot of the marketing budget goes more towards them then here.

Hell the rainfall games all got released in europe without a second thought last gen.

They do sell better in Europe compared to the US.

Japan and the US are like two complete opposites in gaming markets, but Europe is like an amalgam of both.

Golnei

They can probably turn a reasonable profit on their RPGs from France alone.

fedexpeon

Banned
They do sell better in Europe compared to the US.

Japan and the US are like two complete opposites in gaming markets, but Europe is like an amalgam of both.

EU loves anime, especially France.

Anyway, NoA doesn't really exist.
They are just a marketing side department in the endgame for Nintendo.
NoE though, they are like an actual business operation satellite HQ.

Yoshi88

Great LE. A map of Mira should become quite handy, knowing the scale of the game. Since the standard game is already at 49,99 € at amazon.de, it probably means we're getting the LE for the "standard" AAA price of 59,99 € like most of the past LE's and amiibo packs here in EU.

Nintendo game prices are off the hook right now, loving it :)

KHlover

Banned
It means the software on its own

It just means a copy of the game.

I see. Thought I might have missed something. Thanks :D

Great LE. A map of Mira should become quite handy, knowing the scale of the game. Since the standard game is already at 49,99 € at amazon.de, it probably means we're getting the LE for the "standard" AAA price of 59,99 € like most of the past LE's and amiibo packs here in EU.

Yeah prices for everything not SSB4 and MK8 are stuck in the Wii era and even those two are down to 50€, I think? It's devious really - when I see games like Splatoon and Yoshi for 40€ I can't resist the urge to buy the amiibo as well since that's what I'm prepared to pay for games in the first place :S

Yoshi88

when I see games like Splatoon and Yoshi for 40€ I can't resist the urge to buy the amiibo as well since that's what I'm prepared to pay for games in the first place :S

Yup, the exact same reason for filling my shelf with amiibos faster than i've ever planned to :O

I think it's a great pricing strategy and i just hope they continue doing this with their next generation of hardware.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
I'm so tempted by this special edition. On the other hand the convenience of having the game ready to start at any point in time and avoiding the hundred hour of spinning sound. Maybe I will double dip.

Not a bad limited edition. ~4 months before release is quite good notice (I have been critical of these being announced way too close to release). Much better handled than the posters to the first game were (in the UK you were meant to get three if you ordered form GAME, it then became instore only and then was one if you were lucky).

Alas I have a physical pre-order priced at £30 so will forgo the extras due to the price gap.

I would be curious to know if the RRP is €50 for the game (guess we wait for the eShop to find out). In the past A tier franchises (Mario, Zelda, SSB) have been €60 and I'd put Xenoblade at A tier just for the size and scope of the game while B tier things like Donkey Kong and Pikmin were €50.

But given recent trends (Splatoon, Yoshi, even Mario Maker) NOE might be moving away from the days when say, Wind Waker HD and Nintendo Land had RRP of €60. It seems they are happy to create a limited edition to fill that niche (especially as now they've stopped making them GAME exclusive). Hyrule Warriors for example with scarf edition for €60 but solos game was €50.

Oregano

Not a bad limited edition. ~4 months before release is quite good notice (I have been critical of these being announced way too close to release). Much better handled than the posters to the first game were (in the UK you were meant to get three if you ordered form GAME, it then became instore only and then was one if you were lucky).

Alas I have a physical pre-order priced at £30 so will forgo the extras due to the price gap.

I would be curious to know if the RRP is €50 for the game (guess we wait for the eShop to find out). In the past A tier franchises (Mario, Zelda) have been €60 and I'd put Xenoblade at A tier just for the size and scope of the game while B tier things like Donkey Kong and Pikmin were €50.

But given recent trends (Splatoon, Yoshi, even Mario Maker) NOE might be moving away from the days when say, Wind Waker HD and Nintendo Land had RRP of €60. It seems they are happy to create a limited edition to fill that niche (especially as now they've stopped making them GAME exclusive). Hyrule Warriors for example with scarf edition for €60 but solos game was €50.

I got all three posters for Xenoblade. Then again it was from my local Gamestation back when that was still a thing.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Twitch livestream, uh? I hope this + Nintendo Live for Japan mean that Nintendo Direct / Treehouse live streamings will continue in the future.

I got the posters from ordering them online. They posted them to me free of charge. Complaining about false advertising to game/nintendo uk worked wonders.

If someone offers you something as part of an order, always complain, they'll try and give you what you want just to keep a customer happy.

Top Bottom