• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles X to get special editions in Europe + Twitch Livestream on 08/08

I wonder how much £9 off the game will bring it to. Nintendo hasn't released a £49.99 RRP Wii U game in a while, so if it launches at £39.99 that's down to £31, which is pretty decent. Usually Nintendo is pretty tone-deaf about these offers, though I suspect they are better outside of the UK, where games retail is (so I hear) much less competitive.

Megaton?! Xenoblade Chronicles Wii for the Wii U? Take this scammers on ebay!!

Boo, hiss, now my copy of Xenoblade Wii feels like it's worth less and is therefore less important :p

So help me if that limited edition doesn't come to NOA.

I mean the Xenoblade limited edition was just a neat Red Classic Controller and three digitally signed mini-posters.

This seems more unique.

Another WiiU steelbook? Nice!

NOE are certainly pushing my buttons in a good way today. Hopefully they can announce a decent release date for FE:Fates today as well.

Do JRPGs just have a history of selling better in europe or something?

1. Shibata is in charge and his making all the right decissions possible from a long time.
2. Europe likes their anime RPGs (and their anime games in general), because France, Spain and Italy are countries were anime and manga are a normal thing (the 80's was the big boom, but things like Mazinger and Heidi were also coming long time ago) and theres a big audience for it.
As much as Atlus wants to make you think otherwise, Persona games would sell much better if translated to French, Spanish and Italian. Atlus, Nis, etc... leave their JRPGs untranslated, they make them more expensive (bonkers, as they basically do not even localise the games properly for that market) and/or digital only (if physical, they are distribuited horribly, sometimes really hard to find if you dont buy them on release day) with very few sales compared to america, call it a day, and then they ask why they are not selling more games.

Then a Namco Bandai releases a shitty one piece game translated to Pal5 and sells pretty well even for being a shitty game, because they are actually a lot of anime fans that would buy these types of games in europe, but they dont know much english or not at all, so they cant buy a heavy text game, even if they would love to experience it.

Nightbird

1. Shibata is in charge and his making all the right decissions possible from a long time.
2. Europe likes their anime RPGs (and their anime games in general), because France, Spain and Italy are countries were anime and manga are a normal thing (the 80's was the big boom, but things like Mazinger and Heidi were also coming long time ago) and theres a big audience for it.
As much as Atlus wants to make you think otherwise, Persona games would sell much better if translated to French, Spanish and Italian. Atlus, Nis, etc... leave their JRPGs untranslated, they make them more expensive (bonkers, as they basically do not even localise the games properly for that market) and/or digital only (if physical, they are distribuited horribly, sometimes really hard to find if you dont buy them on release day) with very few sales compared to america, call it a day, and then they ask why they are not selling more games.

Then a Namco Bandai releases a shitty one piece game translated to Pal5 and sells pretty well even for being a shitty game, because they are actually a lot of anime fans that would buy these types of games in europe, but they dont know much english or not at all, so they cant buy a heavy text game, even if they would love to experience it.

Agreed with everything said here. The Market for Anime-related stuff is big in Europe. And those Fans are dedicated, yet only Namco Bandai, and occasionally Nintendo makes use of that.

Agreed with everything said here. The Market for Anime-related stuff is big in Europe. And those Fans are dedicated, yet only Namco Bandai, and occasionally Nintendo makes use of that.

My small cousin is not even a big one piece fan and has the WiiU game, and beat it (played with him this july when I was in vacation, as it has coop). The game is not really that good, but he wanted an anime game for his wiiU and thats what he got. It boggles my mind companies like atlus and nis dont seem to see the anime market infront of them that europe has.

Son Of D

Hopefully the LE isn't a stupid price. I'm expecting £59.99 though. Also looking at the LE art, is this the first time we've seen box art for the EU version? Since it has the darker background on the banner instead of the usual light blue.

EDIT: Never mind, the box on the console bundle has the light blue banner.

You guys are exaggerating JRPG sales in Europe vs America lol, while JRPGs on Playstation have an install base advantage in Europe, this isn't the case for Nintendo systems, and as a result it's much closer (and if anything, often sell more here).

paolo11

Gaf please help me. I am in US and I want to preorder this beauty. Can anyone tell me where is a good place to preorder this?

scamander

Banned
Gaf please help me. I am in US and I want to preorder this beauty. Can anyone tell me where is a good place to preorder this?

It's not available for pre-order yet, but if it is, you can order easily from amazon France, Germany, Italy, Spain or UK. You also don't need to make a new account, just use your US one.

Just in case you don't know- you won't be able to play the imported game on your US Wii U.

paolo11

It's not available for pre-order yet, but if it is, you can order easily from amazon France, Germany, Italy, Spain or UK. You also don't need to make a new account, just use your US one.

Just in case you don't know- you won't be able to play the imported game on your US Wii U.

I'll just buy a EU WiiU. NoA is not getting any love for special editions.

-Horizon-

g7IsB.gif

weevles

NOA finally throwing us an LE bone, so I'll take it. I don't think it's NW store only. GS ex I can believe, though.

Top Bottom