• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles X to get special editions in Europe + Twitch Livestream on 08/08

ika

I love the Art Book, the Poster and of course the map, but I'll never understand what's so cool about those steelbook. I have several of them (The Last Story among others I can't remember now), and I think they're a poor "gift" for a Limited Edition. Useles IMHO because I love the actual cases with their cover art and all... This steelbook will gather dust inside the cardboard box like the others...

I'd take a Skell or Elma figurine (Amiibo or not), a Takahashi signed postcard, a Tatsu keychain or even a Best of OST CD (and I have the 4CD OST) above those ugly and useless steelbooks...

Anyway.. I'll reserve ASAP and download the digital version to get the best experience possible (according to Taka-san)

tbd

People are way too spoiled to fully enjoy this at this point. Nintendo fucked up with the release big time.

Just confirming that Xenoblade VC is on the Australian eshop now for $26, if anyone was wondering.

I'm pretty sure the Aus and Europe shops are the same, but if it helps anyone..

EulaCapra

I bet NoA gets some dinky keychain exclusive.

And it's not even a character portrait. It'll just say "Xenoblade Chronicles X."

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
NOA PLEASE

PRETTTY FUCFKING PLEASE

NA is getting a special edition Xenoblade too:

https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/629003322540851200

*edit*
Beat.

84ueCKG.gif

-Horizon-

Remember how Europe's Bravely Default special edition had that weird Agnes figure? US is gonna get a bad figure of Elma :eek:

Ridley327

Well, they did do it with Hyrule Warriors, course it was just a scarf, but they can do it again. I'll be pissed if it happens.

I would have to believe that making a tweet about it this far in advance of the game's release would suggest a much less specialized release strategy. I wouldn't doubt for a second that it would be exclusive to a retailer, but one that has stores outside of Rockefeller Center.

tbd

What do you mean?

(It's still my most anticipated game btw)

They showed so many trailers and pictures, basically all locations are known, many people that already finished the game talk about the bosses and twists on the internet and the game is still four months away.

They showed so many trailers and pictures, basically all locations are known, many people that already finished the game talk about the bosses and twists on the internet and the game is still four months away.

Eh, that's how JRPGs have been for most of the time I've been playing videogames, and it's never hurt my enjoyment.

Hell, I remember back in the pre-streaming days when I'd download and watch literally every cutscene from the Japanese release of say, a new FF title, just so I had something to tide me over until it came to the US.

RPGCrazied

How long before NA knows when we can preorder, and what it is? Hopefully not to long. I hate the word "soon". It could be a day, a week, a month.

Effect

NoA......please don't fuck up and make it Nintendo World Store exclusive.....please....

Oh you know that's what they're going to do. It will likely only be one extra piece like a free theme for the 3DS or something. The less work they themselves have to put into something or invest into something is their mantra. If it's something physical they'll also have a hard number for anything they offer instead of taking the number of preorders and producing enough to cover those.

Peltz

I just want them to release the game. It looks so damn good.

It'll be a great game for the winter months.

RPGCrazied

Why's everyone hating on NOA? They said they are announcing a special edition soon on twitter.

Cause it could be Nintendo World store exclusive. Or very limited quantities that scalpers will get them so fast and sell them for triple the price on eBay.

Why's everyone hating on NOA? They said they are announcing a special edition soon on twitter.

"NOA" and "special edition" in the same sentence is weird. When was the last time that NOA did special edition right besides Zelda/Mario? I can't remember.

Top Bottom