• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles X to get special editions in Europe + Twitch Livestream on 08/08

Overside

Banned
They showed so many trailers and pictures, basically all locations are known, many people that already finished the game talk about the bosses and twists on the internet and the game is still four months away.

Ah, thats what you meant.

Yeah, I get that. Its felt like this game has been perpetually dangling in the future as long as ive had the wii u.

Fortunately, I went on a complete black out after the game was released in japan.

Effect

Why's everyone hating on NOA? They said they are announcing a special edition soon on twitter.

NoA is bad at this. Really bad at best and at worst just straight up incompetent in recent years regarding this. They see the demand and acknowledge the demand and then do everything in their power to not meet said demand. That's why there is an assumption that it could be a Nintendo World Store exclusive. A store that exist in two places in North America. New York City and Nintendo of America's headquarters in Washington state and I think the later one is only open to Nintendo employees and people that visit that building. If they go beyond that they'll limited preorders in such a way that scalpers will get them and jack up the price and NoA will not offer more.

As crazy as this sounds part of me feels they don't want to bring this over. The way they handled the first Xenoblade on the Wii compared to NoE is still a big thing when I think about any Xenoblade game. Things that have come out about how they felt about it just adds to that. How they simply just toss trailers up at E3 with no real focus on it during presentations and just leaving it to Treehouse where it will have enough less eyes has bothered me. That E3 passed and there was no mention of this bundle and special edition until NoE announced it and even after doing a "me too" we still have no information. There is the release of the Wii game on the eShop in Europe as well.

I just keep getting the feeling that the game and overall series isn't that important to NoA going by their own actions.

I really hope the next system is region free. I at least want the option of not having to deal with NoA in situations like this.

I feel pretty confident Xenoblade Chronicles Wii will come to the Wii U. If its coming in Europe, it will come here. There's a big cult following here, and game sales in NA are pretty high when compared to other regions.

Zero²

I feel pretty confident Xenoblade Chronicles Wii will come to the Wii U. If its coming in Europe, it will come here. There's a big cult following here, and game sales in NA are pretty high when compared to other regions.
It's a Gamestop exclusive though, I wonder if that might pose a problem...

El Odio

Banned
The way the NoA tweet words it as "An unique special edition" instead of THE special edition makes me wonder if it will be the same version in both regions.

rhandino

Banned
As crazy as this sounds part of me feels they don't want to bring this over. The way they handled the first Xenoblade on the Wii compared to NoE is still a big thing when I think about any Xenoblade game. Things that have come out about how they felt about it just adds to that. How they simply just toss trailers up at E3 with no real focus on it during presentations and just leaving it to Treehouse where it will have enough less eyes has bothered me. That E3 passed and there was no mention of this bundle and special edition until NoE announced it and even after doing a "me too" we still have no information. There is the release of the Wii game on the eShop in Europe as well.

I just keep getting the feeling that the game and overall series isn't that important to NoA going by their own actions.

I really hope the next system is region free. I at least want the option of not having to deal with NoA in situations like this.
It sounds crazy because it is crazy.

Really, you are just doing the absolute most rn because it is pretty obvious that this game was made thinking about the international audience gained by the first game and they have been promoting this thing every chance they geT.

scamander

Banned
Aaaaand USK/Ratings are still ruining the Nintendo CEs here, thank you very much.

You're very welcome! :)

Hugh+Jackman+Ursula+Von+Der+Leyen+Wetten+dass+oWPp-xhiz1kl.jpg

That's our former minister of women, family and youth* that is responsible for the huge ass rating logos. She is now defence minister, so keep an eye on the sky. Just in case. :p

*and Hugh Jackman

Effect

It sounds crazy because it is crazy.

Really, you are just doing the absolute most rn because it is pretty obvious that this game was made thinking about the international audience gained by the first game and they have been promoting this thing every chance they geT.

Oh I have no doubt XCX was designed in certain ways as a response to the success of the first game outside of Japan. That's not my concern at all. My issue is NoA and hot the game is designed doesn't mean NoA won't act like NoA. I hope I'm wrong but I won't be surprised if they drop the ball again.

Shifty1897

Isn't the early word on the game is that it isn't very good? Nothing I've read from people who have played it has been positive...

Effect

Isn't the early word on the game is that it isn't very good? Nothing I've read from people who have played it has been positive...

I find that very hard to believe that you've heard nothing positive. In fact I don't believe that at all. If you are referencing that kotaku article it should be noted that guy didn't care for the first game either. When it comes to RPGs one has to be careful who is commenting on them in general.

I've heard the game is less story focused compared to the first game. It has more of a focus on exploration and world building via side missions. Other then that things are better then the first game (which was great to begin with) as it builds on systems that were there.

The story issue I think is suppose to be a case of it being less linear with there being several quest lines outside of the main story. While the first game had side missions the game kept pushing you toward the main story. It sounds like XCX might not do that or require you to do other things before you can push on with the main story. That's not a bad design choice just a different one.

ika

So... the Twitch Live Stream ended... If anyone is interested in it, you can see it right here. Starts at 5:37:00.

Sorry if old, but I didn't see a thread about this ^^'

I checked out part of the livestream and it seems like a Nintendo rep mentioned there would still be a couple of characters with British voices in the dub.

Peltz

I'm still hyped for this game. I sort of wish it had a worldwide release instead of staggered so that we can still be hyped with Japan/import GAF.

This, for me, is going to be a great compliment to SMM on Wii U. Those two games will get me through the winter.

Top Bottom