• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Take-Two Updates Rockstar’s ‘Agent’ Trademark Once Again

RamzaIsCool

The Amiga Brotherhood
After last E3, seems anything can happen! I wonder if Rockstar/ Take2 still owes Sony something for getting LA noir (or was it getting out the GTA4 deal?).

Unlike The Last Guardian, this was a project that I genuinely believed was dead, so this is interesting. It might not mean anything, but why keep a trademark alive if the game has been long cancelled.

tumblr_n4x9ckoD1e1qheak7o5_r1_250.gif

Jonnax

Of course! They've trademarked a licence plate they used in GTA. Nothing do with a game of course. :p

Maybe they're renewing it because they don't want someone else making a game called agent? Is that possible?

If there was an exclusivity agreement, the success of the PS4 is working in their favour.

galvenize

Could someone briefly explain what the hype surrounding this game is? I know absolutely nothing about besides the fact it's a R* game.

Skux

We waited so long in the Happening Bunker that we've started to starve.

Save us, Rockstar.

Could someone briefly explain what the hype surrounding this game is? I know absolutely nothing about besides the fact it's a R* game.

That's the sole reason lol. We don't know anything about it.

cyba89

I'm sure it will come out right after The Last Guardian and Shenmue 3.

Damn, that joke doesn't work anymore.

Arxisz

Afer Shenmue 3, Last Guardian, FF7 Remake, is this gonna fill in the empty space left behind by those games? lol.

After their GTA V success I just don't see Rockstar making an exclusive game.
If this title is still alive its probably multiplat by now.

UrbanRats

Housekeeping I reckon. They're not going to let R* North develop anything but more GTA since GTAV has sold like 50 million copies.

They never shit out a new GTA until it has significant innovations from the one before it, so i think they'll take a long break between GTAV and GTAVI, especially considering they'll milk GTAO as much as they can.
R* North core team could very well go back to other stuff.

After all they didn't really have to launch RDR, LA Noire or Max Payne 3 either, but some of them went out to be major successes, for being (essentially, before someone calls out Revolver) new IPs.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
Do recall that they renewed it last July too.

Then again, I do concede that we live in a world where The Last Guardian, Shenmue 3, and the Final Fantasy VII remake were announced (/reannounced) in the same presser.

Mortemis

Banned
Honestly, this should stay in the no one knows stage for a while.

With TLG, Shemue 3, and FFVIIR all happening, we need something to make us hyped and yet disappointed every E3.

I seem to remember someone on neogaf many moons ago pointed out the fact that this isn't the first time R* have done something like this, with regards to a very long hiatus between announcement and actually showing something.

Maybe it was Red Dead Redemption?

eFKac

If it didn't happen this year, it's just not happening :-/

Shame, as I'm craving a game in a setting like Agent on the PS4.

SgtCobra

I seem to remember someone on neogaf many moons ago pointed out the fact that this isn't the first time R* have done something like this, with regards to a very long hiatus between announcement and actually showing something.

Maybe it was Red Dead Redemption?
Yeah iirc it was first shown at Sony's 2005 E3 presser, after rhat it disappeared for a few years but Agent is taking almost twice as long.

viHuGi

Banned
I could see Sucker Punch and Sony Bend announcing their new games in Paris Week or in PSX 2015.

Those are My two must awaited reveals, Love their Games.

Hope Santa Monica and QD show something aswell, also Evo should make new MotoStrom.

RdR 2 would make me scream of hapiness!

Top Bottom