• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Take-Two Updates Rockstar’s ‘Agent’ Trademark Once Again

Leflus

I guess they saw that Remedy has announced a release window for Quantum Break. It's time to crash the party (again).

Agent sounds like something that has a lot of potential. I want to see more new IPs from Rockstar, so I'd definitely be on board with a spy game from them.

Those are My two must awaited reveals, Love their Games.

Hope Santa Monica and QD show something aswell, also Evo should make new MotoStrom.

RdR 2 would make me scream of hapiness!

In my opinion, Quantic Dream will definetely be at Paris Game Week, being a french studio and Santa Monica will be at PSX 2015, if not at Paris Game Week.

Alpha Protocal was sweet :/

I know, I was just fishing for reactions.
It is a flawed gem whose primary attraction is the conversation & choice system
The game is a drag to play but at least it's short.
Also, the Metal Gear inspired characters like Sis & SIE barely get any screen-time
AP was like a concept demo of something much larger & better, also poor story

Subbed to this thread just in case. Hopefully if and when this game comes out they will release it for PC with the same quality they have shown with GTA 5. I am ready for an open world spy game.

bidguy

Banned
2013-09-1917_34_12-gt7td00.png

thats on xbox right

Pinktaco

You know.. After this year's E3 anything can happen. Imagine if they releaved the game later this year exclusive for the PS4 <.<

SoulUnison

Banned
If there'd been an Agent teaser at E3 the universe would have imploded from all the projects shooting out of nowhere.

Alo0oy

Banned
After last E3, seems anything can happen! I wonder if Rockstar/ Take2 still owes Sony something for getting LA noir (or was it getting out the GTA4 deal?).

Rockstar bought the LA Noire IP from Sony & made it multiplatform, they just didn't buy the IP with money, they bought it with Agent. I think the deal was that Rockstar has to develop an exclusive for Playstation, not necessarily Agent, I could be wrong though.

Tregard

Soothsayer
Wow, new Crash Bandicoot, Ape Escape 4, PaRappa, PSASBR 2 AND Agent all at this year's PSX?

Statistically, the more you guess, the more likely it is you'll get one right

It would be nice if Rockstar officially gave us a heads up on if they're even still thinking about finishing it. It's been almost ten years since it was announced. It's going to take The Last Guardian's place by this point as the most notorious game actively in development hell.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
It would be nice if Rockstar officially gave us a heads up on if they're even still thinking about finishing it. It's been almost ten years since it was announced. It's going to take The Last Guardian's place by this point as the most notorious game actively in development hell.

It's still on their website. I think they're gonna finish it. Besides Max Payne 3 took ages to come out and that turned out awesome in the end. I still maintain that MP3 has the best gunplay in any third person shooter. I know people have their complaints about the cutscenes, but they fucking nailed the gameplay.

Dabanton

From reading the way that R* work this has probably been stripped to the bone and rebuilt.

It's still on their website. I think they're gonna finish it. Besides Max Payne 3 took ages to come out and that turned out awesome in the end. I still maintain that MP3 has the best gunplay in any third person shooter. I know people have their complaints about the cutscenes, but they fucking nailed the gameplay.

Yep that's what gets me hyped, MP3 was one of the games that got a complete overhaul as they picked the brains of the different R* setups to come up with solutions.

It's a crime that gunplay they got working in MP3 hasn't been used in any of their other games. Maybe a new RDR would take that on?

Raide

It's R* we are talking here...

They could Shenmue 3 this project easily. Rockstar or not, they could do what Sony did and just throw out interest for Agent appearing and go fro there. It basically means they can put it to rest if not enough people actually want the project.

If you look at what Rockstar North has been working on over the last few years. There was a year after GTA IV where they announced Agent, 2009. Supposedly a small team must of been working on Agent after they finished GTA IV while another part of the team worked on GTA IV DLC. But clearly development on Agent stopped pretty quickly as GTA V is cited as starting development in 2009 as well.

People talk a lot about how Agent will never come out because of how long it has been since it's announcement. But almost that entire length of time is when Rockstar North was making V. They could have simply deciding that they couldn't spend 2-3 years making Agent because they needed to launch another GTA on that generation of consoles, with a peak install base. Basically there is no evidence that Agent was in development hell, just that R* North started making GTA V instead. Agent could have been the game they started working on after the PS3 and 360 version of GTA V launched in 2013. I wouldn't be surprised if it gets announced in a year or so.

Fractal

Banned
Well, in case it shows up, hope it's multiplatform... which is possible, after all, high profile third party exclusives are very rare these days.

Raide

Its Rockstar.

Sold 50+ million copies of GTA5.

Pretty sure they got some monies in the bank.

If Agent was a dead cert to be a huge hit, it would have been made already. They bank on GTA every time and it works. Agent must not have enough bankability to make it worth it. Sure they have plenty of money but that is certainly going all on their next GTA mega-hit and/or a load of high class hookers.

Rogan

Banned
If Agent was a dead cert to be a huge hit, it would have been made already. They bank on GTA every time and it works. Agent must not have enough bankability to make it worth it. Sure they have plenty of money but that is certainly going all on their next GTA mega-hit and/or a load of high class hookers.

But there will never be a Rockstar Kickstarter.

ekim

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
It's a Rockstar game. As long as it's quality and Rockstar put their marketing behind it then it will be a huge hit. Particularly if the game is open world. Just look at Red Dead. That franchise was nothing before Redemption. All it took was a quality game, great trailers and "from the makers of Grand Theft Auto" to make it sell gangbusters.

Alo0oy

Banned

But they were making Agent technically for free. Since they bought LA Noire without money when it was already far in development & after Sony already paid for all the technology in the game.

Top Bottom